Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

What happens, when/if refugees are let in who ultimately commit acts of violence and/or terrorism?

What happens then? Who is held accountable?

Same people that are accountable when illegal immigrants commit crimes. Republicans as others have said or a system that needs to be reformed.

Obama sucks worse by the month.

Exclusive: US May Have Let 'Dozens' of Terrorists Into Country As Refugees - ABC News - http://abcn.ws/1ehMX3t via @ABC

Reminder: White House Launches #REFUGEESWELCOME Hashtag

Refugee ‘Religious Test’ Is ‘Shameful’ and ‘Not American’ … Except that Federal Law Requires It
By Andrew McCarthy
As I argued in Faithless Execution, the principal constitutional duty of the chief executive is to execute the laws faithfully. President Obama, by contrast, sees his principal task as imposing his post-American “progressive” preferences, regardless of what the laws mandate.
In his latest harangue against Senator Ted Cruz (R., Texas) and other Americans opposed to his insistence on continuing to import thousands of Muslim refugees from Syria and other parts of the jihad-ravaged Middle East, Obama declaimed:
When I hear political leaders suggesting that there would be a religious test for which a person who’s fleeing from a war-torn country is admitted … that’s shameful…. That’s not American. That’s not who we are. We don’t have religious tests to our compassion.
Really? Under federal law, the executive branch is expressly required to take religion into account in determining who is granted asylum. Under the provision governing asylum (section 1158 of Title 8, U.S. Code), an alien applying for admission
must establish that … religion [among other things] … was or will be at least one central reason for persecuting the applicant.
Moreover, to qualify for asylum in the United States, the applicant must be a “refugee” as defined by federal law. That definition (set forth in Section 1101(a)(42)(A) of Title , U.S. Code) also requires the executive branch to take account of the alien’s religion:
The term “refugee” means (A) any person who is outside any country of such person’s nationality … and who is unable or unwilling to return to … that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of … religion [among other things] …[.]
The law requires a “religious test.” And the reason for that is obvious. Asylum law is not a reflection of the incumbent president’s personal (and rather eccentric) sense of compassion. Asylum is a discretionary national act of compassion that is directed, by law not whim, to address persecution.
There is no right to emigrate to the United States. And the fact that one comes from a country or territory ravaged by war does not, by itself, make one an asylum candidate. War, regrettably, is a staple of the human condition. Civil wars are generally about power. That often makes them violent and, for many, tragic; but it does not necessarily make them wars in which one side is persecuting the other side.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/427262/refugee-religious-test-shameful-and-not-american-except-federal-law-requires-it-Andrew
How can something American law requires be “not American”?

Obama doesn't want the conversation to be about his bad ISIS strategy. He wants it about supposed Republican intolerance.

More:

BREAKING: Honduras detains five Syrians traveling on stolen Greek passports who were headed toward U.S.: police http://reut.rs/1O3gy4z

Say Barack.............they don't look like "widows and orphans"

Why am I posting from Right-wing hate sites like ABC News and Reuters........... :D

I'm just glad to hear French authorities neutralized Republican Rhetoric before it could strike again. - Sean Davis

#RefugeesWelcome

Obama doesn't want the conversation to be about his bad ISIS strategy. He wants it about supposed Republican intolerance.

More:

BREAKING: Honduras detains five Syrians traveling on stolen Greek passports who were headed toward U.S.: police http://reut.rs/1O3gy4z

Say Barack.............they don't look like "widows and orphans"

Why am I posting from Right-wing hate sites like ABC News and Reuters........... :D

I'm just glad to hear French authorities neutralized Republican Rhetoric before it could strike again. - Sean Davis

#RefugeesWelcome

Why were they in Honduras? They they trying to sneak in the in protected southern border in detected?

But...but...but...WHY?????? What the !@#$ does this accomplish?

!@#$ it. I'm responding to this with the hashtag #BRAWNDOHASELECTROLYTES.

I'm convinced we are getting closer to idiocracy by the day.

Oh look a kitten video!

Have you ever seen a president act more pathetic than what you're watching from Obama on the world stage right now?

Is it possible to be any more petulant?

Hundreds are dead in Paris, and the only arrow in the quiver is to mock the Republican candidates.

You progressives are going to be eating his mistakes for years. Your best hope is that a Republican wins 2016 so you can blame him or her for all of Obama's incompetence when the schittstorm starts to unravel.

You know what blows the mind: one of the Paris terrorists was rescued off that sinking vessel of refugees some weeks back.

Now you're telling me that, after all those Paris deaths, you still want the US to just take tens of thousands of refugees in because we're trying to be nice?

You have to be a dumbass of epic proportions to think bringing them here unchecked is a good idea.

Newly elected Canadian PM Trudeau wants to take in 25K refugees.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-syria-refugees-settlement-groups-1.3291959

Obama threatens to veto house bill to improve refugee screenings. Just like our southern border, Obama doesn't care who comes in.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/18/obama-threatens-to-veto-bill-strengthening-syrian-refugee-screening/?intcmp=hpbt1

Newly elected Canadian PM Trudeau wants to take in 25K refugees.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-syria-refugees-settlement-groups-1.3291959

Obama threatens to veto house bill to improve refugee screenings. Just like our southern border, Obama doesn't care who comes in.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/18/obama-threatens-to-veto-bill-strengthening-syrian-refugee-screening/?intcmp=hpbt1

Yup definitely don't want to know who is coming into our country or keeping us safe.

He is getting what he wants more instability and taking America down a peg

Keep the fundamental transformation going.

_MErZzEi_bigger.jpgNBC Nightly NewsVerified account @NBCNightlyNews 2h2 hours ago

JUST IN: White House says Pres. Obama would veto a House bill targeting changes to Syrian refugee processing

So, the White House will veto *any* measures to strengthen the screening process?

Golly, I bet vulnerable 2016 Congressional Dems can't wait for that vote.................... :lol:

You know what blows the mind: one of the Paris terrorists was rescued off that sinking vessel of refugees some weeks back.

Now you're telling me that, after all those Paris deaths, you still want the US to just take tens of thousands of refugees in because we're trying to be nice?

You have to be a dumbass of epic proportions to think bringing them here unchecked is a good idea.

Not just trying to be nice. If we identify terrorists and let them in, we gain a valuable source of intel.

Not that Obama's thinking that way. But a sane, rational person would.

Of course, the House's screening bill is bull ****, and should be vetoed.

But Obama's justification for a veto - that it would delay the existing screening program - is equally bull ****. OF COURSE it will. It changes the screening. That's the !@#$ing point. "I'll veto this legislation because it does what it claims" is nonsense meant for consumption by the addle-brained.

The bottom line is that this pissing match is meaningless. It's a political exercise where each side is dissembling in trying to make sure the other side is stuck with the issue.

Walter Russell Mead has a terrific piece in the American Interest on "President Obama's Cynical Refugee Ploy."

Highlights:

To see the full cynicism of the Obama approach to the refugee issue, one has only to ask President Obama’s least favorite question: Why is there a Syrian refugee crisis in the first place?

Obama’s own policy decisions —
allowing Assad to convert peaceful demonstrations into an increasingly ugly civil war, refusing to declare safe havens and no fly zones—were instrumental in creating the Syrian refugee crisis. This crisis is in large part the direct consequence of President Obama’s decision to stand aside and watch Syria burn. For
him to try and use a derisory and symbolic program to allow 10,000 refugees into the United States in order to posture as more caring than those evil Jacksonian rednecks out in the benighted sticks is one of the most cynical, cold-blooded, and nastily divisive moves an American President has made in a long time....

To think that conspicuous moral posturing and holy posing over a symbolic refugee quota could turn President Obama from the goat to the hero of the Syrian crisis is absurd. Wringing your hands while Syria turns into a hell on earth, and then taking a token number of refugees, can be called many things, but decent and wise are not among them. You don’t have to be a xenophobe or a racist or even a Republican to reject this President’s leadership on Syria policy. All you need for that is common sense and a moral compass....

For no one, other than the Butcher Assad and the unspeakable al-Baghdadi, is as responsible for the humanitarian catastrophe in Syria as is President Obama. No one has committed more sins of omission, no one has so ruthlessly sacrificed the well-being of Syria’s people for his own ends, as the man in the White House. In all the world, only President Obama had the ability to do anything significant to prevent this catastrophe; in all the world no one turned his back so coldly and resolutely on the suffering Syrians as the man who sits in the White House today—a man who is now lecturing his fellow citizens on what he insists is their moral inferiority before his own high self-esteem.

Read the whole

Asking because I've been out of the news cycle (but for headlines) this week: I thought it had been confirmed the attackers in Paris were all French nationals? I remember reading about the guy who was saved but thought that had been debunked?