Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

50 minutes ago, KRC said:

So, let me get this straight. From her testimony, she wants to redefine "illegal" because it does not fit her narrative. While at the same time, she is criticizing Trump saying that he is redefining what it means to be poor to fit his narrative. ?

The whole wealth inequality continues to piss me off.  The reason for the rising inequality is that there are a lot more wealthy people at the top than there were in the robber baron days.  The true comparison should be is how do the people at the bottom fare, and in that case it's laughable to compare the different eras.

• Like (+1) 4

We have made so many advancements over the years that the standards are not even comparable. A dozen years ago my 40" flat screen tv cost about $1500. Now a much improved version of that tv would be not much over $200. Today, even the poor can have something that didn't really exist, even for the wealthy 20 years ago. How many illegals crossing the border have a cellphone? The standards have changed so drastically that a poor person today might have been considered wealthy 50 years ago.

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She can't give a straight answer... which makes her the media's choice to be savior. Let's see how that works out for everyone... 

That's what happens to a person that swallows too much.

1 hour ago, GG said:

The whole wealth inequality continues to piss me off.  The reason for the rising inequality is that there are a lot more wealthy people at the top than there were in the robber baron days.  The true comparison should be is how do the people at the bottom fare, and in that case it's laughable to compare the different eras.

The vast, vast, vast majority of the people in this country either work for the government sector machine, or they work in small businesses like local restaurants, print shops, car repair, etc.  This is not the 1950's.  If these Congressional folks want to fix the gap...go ahead and open a small business and pay your people whatever you want to!   Go ahead. Be part of the solution!

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She can't give a straight answer... which makes her the media's choice to be savior. Let's see how that works out for everyone... 

We have to play by the rules but we can't treat people as criminals??  Ummm.....ok.  

And I'm not a lawyer and didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so can someone explain to me how crossing the border from one country to the other can even be considered a civil and not criminal matter?

And if I hear one more person say "babies in cages" I'm gonna ***** flip!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We have to play by the rules but we can't treat people as criminals??  Ummm.....ok.  

And I'm not a lawyer and didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so can someone explain to me how crossing the border from one country to the other can even be considered a civil and not criminal matter?

so i can just stroll across at Ft Erie and set up shop and get health care and all that?

i usually get to the US border in all forms of seriousness and hope it isn't too much of an ordeal this time to go watch a Buffalo or Detroit team play a game

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

they are criminals. if you don't want them to be criminals, then change the ***** law. all she's doing is pandering, no different than most politicians.

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

so i can just stroll across at Ft Erie and set up shop and get health care and all that?

i usually get to the US border in all forms of seriousness and hope it isn't too much of an ordeal this time to go watch a Buffalo or Detroit team play a game

yeah, no. Canadians are exempt.

Edited by Foxx
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Well if you swam off a speed boat, that could work. 

It is so different than when I was a kid. Back then "US" was the correct car answer (and all that was needed), a birth certificate was all you needed when walking. ?‍♀️ We live in different times. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well if you swam off a speed boat, that could work. 

It is so different than when I was a kid. Back then "US" was the correct car answer (and all that was needed), a birth certificate was all you needed when walking. ?‍♀️ We live in different times. 

we were coming back into America one time after an extended stay in Toronto partying. one of my buddies was passed out behind my drivers seat in the van. the agents were asking everyone their nationality and couldn't get him to answer them. after several tries he was obviously annoyed and in a slumber blurted out, 'Ethiopia". that was it, we were held until they searched the van and were satisfied that my lily white friend was indeed not of Ethiopian descent.

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 2

9th Circuit (!) rules in favor of Trump admin in 'sanctuary city' case

The ruling, a split 2-1 decision, said the Department of Justice (DOJ) was within its rights to withhold Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) grants from sanctuary cities and states over their refusal to work with federal immigration enforcement authorities and instead prioritize agencies that focused on unauthorized immigration and agreed to give Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) access to jail records and immigrants in custody. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And the U.S. flag is upside down.

It sure would be swell if those fleeing from sh!thole countries would leave behind their sh!thole attitudes.

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Hedge said:

And the U.S. flag is upside down.

It sure would be swell if those fleeing from sh!thole countries would leave behind their sh!thole attitudes.

Keep up the good work, Dems. You're crushing it with your fellow Americans. More of this please. Your nation needs you.

Sincerely,

Trump/Pence 2020 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Remember -- the CONGRESSMEN advocating for stopping children separation are, despite their moralizing, advocating for condemning tens of thousands -- if not hundreds of thousands -- of children to the horrors of trafficking and abuse. 

1/3rd of children crossing the border with adults are NOT with their biological relatives or parents and are instead with smugglers, coyotes, and those who bought a kid to cross the border. 1/3rd. That's BIG money. HUGE money. 

And that's what these congresscritters are trying to protect. They're not trying to protect children, they're trying to profit off them -- financially and politically. 

Think about that whenever you see an ####### like this congressman moralizing and virtue signaling. 

(Completely separate and unrelated -- there's a WEIRD cut at 2:10 of the video. Watch the person behind Jordan... clear edit in the "live" footage.)

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

apparently we all missed this yesterday...

https://twitter.com/tracybeanz/status/1150107711650111489

It was weird and caught my attention -- then I went to the CSPAN 2 source and saw it was a buffering issue (the CSPAN clip has the missing second, it's Cummings stuttering about holding the gavel and the teleporting woman walking onto the dais. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/tacoma-police-armed-man-throwing-incendiary-devices-shot-outside-ice-detention-center/

Guy tried to firebomb the ICE detention center in Tacoma, to prevent deportation round-ups.  He was shot and killed.

*****'s starting to get pretty sporty.

at some point, there will be a shot that is heard around the world. would not surprise me in the least if it became a world wide civil war. we just need to remember who the enemy is and it aint you, nor i nor Tibs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sigh...

I'm not a big Pence fan, but he's not ***** Himmler.

Russian POWs from 1941.

So she's trying to tell us the "migrants" are actually capture soldiers?

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

at some point, there will be a shot that is heard around the world. would not surprise me in the least if it became a world wide civil war. we just need to remember who the enemy is and it aint you, nor i nor Tibs.

Yes, we are.  

I'm exactly the type that gets sent to the guillotine.

• Like (+1) 2

Well, it is De Blasio so who knows if it is true:

ICE Raids On NYC Immigrants Underway, Mayor De Blasio Says

Mayor Bill de Blasio said federal immigration agents were seen in New York City Saturday, hours before the nationwide roundup of immigrants facing deportation was expected to begin.

</snip>

The raids reportedly target about 2,000 people previously ordered out of the country but still living in 10 cities: Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, Baltimore, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York City and San Francisco.

</snip>

President Obama was pretty damn direct when it came to deporting ‘undocumented’ people.

Or you know, illegal aliens.

Funny though, we don’t recall seeing protests and Democrats ‘mourning’ when Obama said this:

What’s changed, Dems?

Pretty sure we know.

Intent matters. He did it with heart not because of hate.

6:41 AM - 14 Jul 2019

They really think like this.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

The left claims to care so much about illegal aliens being allowed in the country and given a place to stay and money, but they don't give a damn about homeless vets and legal American citizens. 

I really despise the far left......

• Like (+1) 7