Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

The pro-immigration group ‘Families Belong Together’ is very angry at the new DHS Flores ruling that will keep families together

Acting DHS Secretary Kevin McAleenan announced this morning that the Trump administration is changing the Flores settlement, a decade’s old rule that forced the government to release children who had crossed the border illegally with their parents after 20 days in custody:

It's official: Kevin McAleenan, acting secretary of homeland security, just announced that the Trump administration now will use a new immigration rule that would allow it to detain immigrant families who cross the border illegally indefinitely, replacing the Flores settlement.

Now, when a child comes across the border with a family member, the entire family can be held together, thus ending family separations:

I'm sure the Left is happy.................right ?

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

The pro-immigration group ‘Families Belong Together’ is very angry at the new DHS Flores ruling that will keep families together

Acting DHS Secretary Kevin McAleenan announced this morning that the Trump administration is changing the Flores settlement, a decade’s old rule that forced the government to release children who had crossed the border illegally with their parents after 20 days in custody:

It's official: Kevin McAleenan, acting secretary of homeland security, just announced that the Trump administration now will use a new immigration rule that would allow it to detain immigrant families who cross the border illegally indefinitely, replacing the Flores settlement.

Now, when a child comes across the border with a family member, the entire family can be held together, thus ending family separations:

I'm sure the Left is happy.................right ?

Decades-old "rule?"  It's not a rule, it's an agreement.

Maybe - and here's a wacky thought - Democrats should stop relying on "agreements" and "memos" and "feelings," and actually pass binding laws.  Which is what the Trump Administration actually wants.

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Maybe - and here's a wacky thought - Democrats should stop relying on "agreements" and "memos" and "feelings," and actually pass binding laws.  Which is what the Trump Administration actually wants.

If Trump wants it, they will resist it. He should use reverse psychology on them. They are dumb enough to fall for it. "Let's open the borders and let them all in!!" The wall will be fully funded and up before the end of the year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, DC Tom said:

How can Democrats change the rules based on their current feelings, if they do something drastic like pass laws that cannot be changed on a whim?

Just look at how obstructionist the GOP was when the Democrats had a filibuster-proof supermajority in Congress?

Mostly replacement work, but some new, never had a fence there before, work is also starting.

Work on more border wall starts in Arizona, New Mexico

Work crews in Arizona and New Mexico forged ahead Friday with construction of taller border fencing funded through a national emergency declaration by President Donald Trump.

The work on his hallmark campaign promise involves mostly replacement fencing along a 46-mile stretch of desert west of Santa Teresa, New Mexico, and on 2 miles of Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument in Arizona.

</snip>

The administration has awarded $2.8 billion in contracts for barriers covering 247 miles (390 kilometers), with all but 17 miles (27 kilometers) of that to replace existing barriers instead of expanding coverage.

Various forms of barriers already exist along 654 miles (1,046 kilometers) — about a third — of the border.

The construction comes as immigrant apprehensions have fallen sharply over the past two months due to the summer heat and a clamp down in Mexico.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

Hundreds of African migrants are finding themselves trapped in Mexico’s southern border region after new immigration rules no longer allow them safe passage to the U.S. The rule changes now say they must naturalize in Mexico or exit through its southern border.

A Cameroonian migrant, Esteban Azu, 37, said he paid human smugglers $8,000 to get him into the U.S. He said his journey took him from his home country to Turkey, Ecuador, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, and finally to Mexico, Animal Politico reported.

“I arrived in Tapachula a month ago. I left Cameroon and went directly to Ecuador. From there to Colombia. I climbed mountains, walked through the jungle, to find this *****,” Azu expressed. “This *****! They don’t feed me. They don’t give me anything. I am very angry with the government of Mexico. This is not normal. This is bull####. We need a solution. We just want to get out of here.”

In a press call in June, Brian Hastings, U.S. Border Patrol Chief of Law Enforcement Operations, told reporters this was the first large group “ever recorded in Border Patrol history solely from Central and South Africa. We’ve never seen that demographic in a large group of that size before.”

Prior to the rule change, migrants — African or others — received a 20-day passage through the country and were required to leave via any border. Obviously, the goal was the northern border of Mexico.

The new document being provided to migrants in southern Mexico states that the migrant may not “travel freely.” The document says they now must leave the country in 20 days “through a place destined for the international transit of people on the southern border closest to the place where said document was issued.”

Animal Politico interviews dozens of migrants — mostly Africans — who told the same story. They stated they were ordered to go to the regularization office or they may apply for asylum in Mexico. Neither option is said to be acceptable as their stated goal is entry into the United States.

“They do not want to request refuge in Chiapas because they want to do so in the United States,” Animal Politico stated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I arrived in Tapachula a month ago. I left Cameroon and went directly to Ecuador. From there to Colombia. I climbed mountains, walked through the jungle, to find this *****,” Azu expressed. “This *****! They don’t feed me. They don’t give me anything. I am very angry with the government of Mexico. This is not normal. This is bull####.

Wow, what a productive and energetic illegal we're missing out on. "This is bull####" because they won't feed him and give him everything he wants right now and for free!

• 2 weeks later...

ARE YOU TIRED YET? Trump’s starting to win big on controlling the southern border.

On Wednesday, the Supreme Court ruled to permit the administration to go on refusing to accept applications for asylum from migrants who have passed through another country without being denied asylum there, while a case challenging this common-sense policy works its way through the courts.

That comes on the heels of the court’s decision in July to allow Trump to use money from the defense budget to build the border wall. It was yet another significant victory for the administration’s initiatives and a sign that the left’s judicial guerrilla war that had been stymieing the president is starting to crumble.

Expect liberal efforts to prevent Trump from overturning President Barack Obama’s executive orders that effectively granted amnesty to millions of illegals to meet the same fate.

Fact is, despite the beating Trump has continued to take from the media about government tactics aimed at stemming the surge of illegal immigrants over the southern border, his policies have started to show signs of success.

While no one expects Mexico to pay for Trump’s wall, it is doing something more important: using its resources to stop its people from crossing over into the United States illegally. It has, for example, reinforced security on its southern border and set up checkpoints on highways leading north, dispatching 21,600 police and troops across the nation in the effort.

So far in 2019, the US Border Patrol has arrested more than 400,000 migrants from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras for crossing the border illegally. But only 4,300 Mexicans were caught doing so.

It’s all strong evidence that, far from ignoring or rejecting Trump’s efforts to jawbone them into doing something to stop the flood of illegals, America’s most important southern neighbor is listening to him. Recall that Mexico stepped up actions to control the migrants in a bid to avoid tariffs Trump had threatened to impose.

The message has also gotten through to those seeking to come to the United States illegally.

Well, stay tuned.

• Like (+1) 2

Hispanic Americans Side with Trump on Immigration: ‘I Believe in the Wall’

by John Binder

Original Article

Despite 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidates’ plans to open the border and increase overall immigration to the United States, Hispanic Americans are increasingly siding with President Trump’s “America First” agenda. In interviews with the Albuquerque Journal, a handful of Hispanic voters said they backed Trump’s immigration agenda of ending illegal immigration, building a wall, and reducing legal immigration to raise U.S. wages.“I believe in the wall,” Marcella Trujillo Melendez, a Trump supporter, told the Albuquerque Journal. “I believe in security. This is my country, and I want it to be safe.” “The most important thing to me is that I believe he truly loves America,”

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Hispanic Americans Side with Trump on Immigration: ‘I Believe in the Wall’

by John Binder

Original Article

Despite 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidates’ plans to open the border and increase overall immigration to the United States, Hispanic Americans are increasingly siding with President Trump’s “America First” agenda. In interviews with the Albuquerque Journal, a handful of Hispanic voters said they backed Trump’s immigration agenda of ending illegal immigration, building a wall, and reducing legal immigration to raise U.S. wages.“I believe in the wall,” Marcella Trujillo Melendez, a Trump supporter, told the Albuquerque Journal. “I believe in security. This is my country, and I want it to be safe.” “The most important thing to me is that I believe he truly loves America,”

I am guessing Marcella is going to be doxed soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

The policy, which will be instituted by DHS starting next week, is part of the Trump Administration’s strategy to mitigate the loopholes that act as a “pull factor” for family units seeking to cross illegally at the Southwest border.

“With some humanitarian and medical exceptions, DHS will no longer be releasing family units from Border Patrol Stations into the interior,” said Acting Secretary McAleenan. “This means that for family units, the largest demographic by volume arriving at the border this year, the court-mandated practice of catch and release, due to the inability of DHS to complete immigration proceedings with families detained together in custody, will have been mitigated. This is a vital step in restoring the rule of law and integrity to our immigration system.”

If migrant family units do not claim fear of return, they will be quickly returned to their country of origin, in close collaboration with Central American countries. If they do claim fear, they will generally be returned to Mexico under the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP).

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Child Rape Suspects Released In New York & New Jersey After Local Jails Refuse To Hold Men For ICE ⁦

@NYGovCuomo⁩ and ⁦@PhilMurphyNJ⁩ own this. Democrats now put child raping illegals over their victims.

Well, as nice as these scary headlines are, it's not legal to hold people for ICE based upon an ICE "warrant". ICE detainers have no legal meaning, because they're just signed by Joe Blow at ICE, not an actual judge - which makes detention based on an ICE detainer illegal.

Edit: On a side note, law enforcement generally tells ICE when they're going to release people like these. The fact that ICE can't be bothered to get off their asses to pick them up isn't on the state.

Edited by Koko78
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The “Slow Build” Myth. 

Frankly to compare border detention centers to concentration camps is not just ridiculous, it is appalling.

It trivializes the bizarre and inhuman evil of exterminating human beings “by the numbers” by comparing it to “country secures borders” as every country in history has.

Nazis have several hundred camps in the first 18 months, reduced to four by 1935 or so, back up to a few hundred by 1939-1940.  And Jews didn't get sent to concentration camps until after Kristalnacht.  First political prisoners - Communists and Social Democrats, for the most part.  Then "asocial elements": gays, Jehovah's Witnesses, the "work shy," repeat petty criminals, etc.  Jews that were detained in camps before Kristalnacht fell in to one of those two categories.  And the 40,000 or so Jews detained in the immediate aftermath of Kristalnacht were, for the most part, released within a year.

The "Slow Build" myth is...not false, but misleading.  There was a "slow build" because while the Nazis had an end goal of "freeing central Europe of Jewry," they didn't have a coherent plan, just random lurching from expedient to expedient.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The injunction makes sense. Florida cannot authorize its law enforcement officers to engage in law enforcement activities in another state (whether cooperating with the Feds or not.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Trump administration to restrict visas for uninsured applicants

President Trump issued a proclamation Friday requiring immigrants applying for U.S. visas to prove they can afford health care

Applicants will be denied entry into the U.S. unless they have plans to be covered by health insurance within 30 days of entering or have enough financial resources to cover the cost, according to the White House.

The measure would take effect Nov. 3 and will apply to applicants for visas from abroad. It will not be applied retroactively to those already in the U.S. It does not affect lawful permanent residents, nor does it apply to asylum seekers, refugees or children. However, it would apply to the spouses and parents of U.S. citizens.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Misleading title to that poorly-written article.

It's more accurate to say that the FL Legislature and Governor have directed that local governments cooperate with ICE or the elected local officials will be removed. The Federal Judge said no such thing, nor does she have any power or authority to remove a duly elected local official.

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Misleading title to that poorly-written article.

It's more accurate to say that the FL Legislature and Governor have directed that local governments cooperate with ICE or the elected local officials will be removed. The Federal Judge said no such thing, nor does she have any power or authority to remove a duly elected local official.

what mechanisms exist to force elected officials to adhere to the laws on the books?

38 minutes ago, Foxx said:

what mechanisms exist to force elected officials to adhere to the laws on the books?

The same mechanism that led to the suspension/removal of Sheriff Israel - Florida Law.

• 2 weeks later...

This is more about what has not been happening with new border wall (a lot was rebuilt) than anything else. It really is a swamp in DC, and President Trump has been fighting all sides for almost three years now.

Link

President Trump’s next Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary will be tasked with completing more than 400 miles of border wall before the 2020 presidential election to fulfill the administration’s most crucial promise to voters.

This month, Trump announced he would replace Acting DHS Secretary Kevin McAleenan after the former Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner gave an interview to the Washington Post where he slammed the president’s “Zero Tolerance” policy at the border and decried the term “illegal alien” as having “racial overtones.”

Thus far, the Trump administration has built between 70 and 74 miles of border wall at the United States-Mexico border, with the process moving exceptionally slowly throughout 2017 and 2018 as then-DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen repeatedly failed to secure funding for the project.

</snip>

Though conservatives are backing Acting United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Director Ken Cuccinelli for the job, rumors have circulated that Nielsen’s close ally Chad Wolf is in the running for DHS Secretary.

Wolf’s background dates back to the early 2000s when he worked in former President George W. Bush’s administration, along with Nielsen. From there, Wolf eventually went to work as a lobbyist, representing NASSCOM, a leader in the outsourcing industry that seeks no restrictions on the H-1B visa program, so employers would be allowed to routinely replace their American workforces with imported foreign workers.

Behind the scenes, supporters of the president are looking to a variety of alternatives to Wolf, including DHS official Michael Dougherty, former USCIS Director Lee Francis Cissna, USCIS official John Zadrozny, former ICE Director Thomas Homan, Acting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner Mark Morgan, and former DHS official Katie Gorka.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• 4 weeks later...