Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

We don't need no stinkin' wall. All these people trying to come into America illegally, they just want a better life for the children, dontchya know? 

ICE: 158,581 Illegals Arrested in FY2018; Those Arrested Had 1,641 Homicide Convictions, 1,294 Kidnap Convictions

The latest U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) report on arrests and removals of illegal aliens shows that the total number of arrests in Fiscal Year 2018 was 158,581, an increase of 11% over the total arrests in FY 2017.

In addition, the report reveals that among those arrested were individuals with 1,641 homicide convictions, 1,294 kidnapping convictions, 3,740 sexual assault convictions, more than 54,000 DUI convictions, and more than 55,000 dangerous drug offense convictions.

</snip>

In fairness, minor ***** like possessing small amount pot is considered a 'dangerous drug offense'.

The definitions of crime categories used in immigration matters are wacky. Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude (CIMT) -  which makes someone deportable (regardless of their legal status) can be anything from driving on a suspended driver's license to shoplifting a 50 cent candy bar to murder. That's not even getting into offenses that may not make someone deportable, but might bar re-entry into the US if they ever leave.

I think it’d be worth a discussion to create a legal status of “permenant resident” to EVERY immigrant who is allowed to permanently reside in our country. Why? Voting. I do not believe the democrats desire to simply “help refugees.” They want to increase their voter roles. They should not be allowed to vote. Now if they have children while in our country, certainly their children should have the right to vote. Rome has a similar policy and it worked quite well. 

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I think it’d be worth a discussion to create a legal status of “permenant resident” to EVERY immigrant who is allowed to permanently reside in our country. 

They're called "Green Cards," you ***** moron.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

They're called "Green Cards," you ***** moron.

What then I mean is that we must not go above that for any immigrant. 

And im not an immigration expert and my understanding is that such things are not permenant. 

9 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

What then I mean is that we must not go above that for any immigrant. 

Your argument is that we shouldn't award citizenship? 

9 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

And im not an immigration expert 

We know.  You are the least knowledgeable person here.  So shut the ***** up.

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Your argument is that we shouldn't award citizenship? 

We know.  You are the least knowledgeable person here.  So shut the ***** up.

Still waiting on you to enlighten me with your Jew-coliseum-9/11 story. 

Ya know, Tammy, for a guy who insists he knows a great deal you never display it. Mainly just witty one liners. Your one liners are witty but they also seem to be the height of your capability. 

Yesterday DHS Secretary Nielsen announced an administrative reform of the enraging asylum scam that is aided and abetted by the Democrats (video below). RCP has posted video along with the transcript of an excerpt of her announcement in testimony to Congress yesterday. “Aliens trying to game the system to get into our country illegally will no longer be able to disappear into the United States, where many skip their court dates,” she said. “Instead, they will wait for an immigration court decision while they are in Mexico.”

The New York Times covers this story “U.S. Will Send Migrants Back to Mexico as They Wait on Asylum Claims.” I have embedded the Times video below. The Times story quotes from a pointed statement by Secretary Nielsen: “‘Catch and release’ will be replaced with ‘catch and return.’” Heads explode all over the world.

Secretary Nielsen cited a provision of section 235 of the Immigration and Nationality Act as authority for this reform. The DHS press release gives some some useful background. I cannot follow the path to this reform in that tangled provision.

To be continued, I’m sure.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/12/when-judge-sullivan-hears-about-this.php

I always understood "Mexico's going to pay for the wall" to mean, we're going to appropriate and authorize it up front and recoup the cost through tax/tariff/fee/lower enforcement costs"

Rather than "Don's going to hand their president an invoice.

Because I'm not stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

And not a single Democrat has been asked about it in the middle of a government shutdown over illegal immigration.

Pelosi's state.............has anyone interrupted her beachtime ?

Anyone ask Chuck ?

23 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Brutal thread. Read it all.

Once again we see the Democratic party FOREVER more concerned about gang-banger cop murderers than they would EVER be concerned about a man who came to the US legally to be a cop.

If any do break their silence they'll spin it in the form of gun control

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

And here's another wonderful story about another CA illegal recently released by ICE going on a rampage in Visalia, leaving two people dead.

Liberals don’t care about results, only appearances. They just don’t want to ever be called racist and so they’ll continue to pursue policy that’s to the detriment of the citizenry and nation. They also believe the best way to not be racist is to become the minority. Liberals have gone full retard in the last decade and it will only get worse. 

Furthermore, Islam must be destroyed. 

Thanks, Schumer! Get ready for a newer and bigger Central American migrant caravan
by Monica Showalter

Original Article

Despite the current caravan migrant privations in Tijuana, most notably the business of having to wait one´s turn to file for asylum for free at the border, obviously, there has been enough in it for the caravan migrants to entice formation of a new caravan, this one bigger and probably better organized than the last one. Here´s the news: Another migrant caravan – with estimates of as many as 15,000 participants – is preparing to leave Honduras on January 15, according to migrant rights advocates and Spanish-language media.