Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

https://creepingsharia.tumblr.com/post/190782957376/pennsylvanias-first-muslim-female-state-rep-gets?fbclid=IwAR1XFiyyYjxoyU7PfUMnr8Z3_paEMfhDtUddiwqCHq7IsVx7rok9mEyPda0

Movita Johnson-Harrell, a former Pennsylvania state representative, will spend three months in a Philadelphia jail and finish out the year on house arrest for stealing money from her nonprofit.

Johnson-Harrell, 53, was sentenced on Thursday after she pleaded guilty to felony charges for spending more than $500,000 in funds from the Motivations Education & Consultation Associates on personal affects like clothing, vacations and real estate, the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office said in a news release.

“This Philadelphia community would have been in a better place had this former public official invested MECA’s money into the people who needed the care she promised,” Pa. Attorney General Josh Shapiro said after Johnson-Harrell’s court hearing.

The nonprofit serves the homeless, seniors, children, and people with chronic mental illness, intellectual disabilities, and substance abuse disorders.

Johnson-Harrell was recently elected to the Pennsylvania General Assembly. She won a 2019 special election in the 190th Legislative District, which covers parts of West Philadelphia and North Philadelphia. While reacting to the victory, she stated she was the first Muslim woman elected to the Pennsylvania legislature.

She resigned from the legislature in December 2019.

In addition to her time in jail, Johnson-Harrell will spend eight-and-a-half months on house arrest, eleven-and-a-half months on parole and two years on probation. She also agreed to pay restitution to the nonprofit — including surrendering a property to the state.

Johnson-Harrell pleaded guilty to theft by unlawful taking, theft by deception and perjury, which are all felonies. The AG’s office said she pleaded no contest to two misdemeanor charges of tampering with public records.

——————————————-

“Her theft knew no bounds,” said Pennsylvania’s attorney general.

Criminals of a feather…

I've been saying this for years, we need more immigrants for economic reasons

White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney: U.S. Is ‘Desperate’ for Immigrants

INTERESTING

Mark Wilson/Getty

Acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney told a private audience that the U.S. was desperately in need of immigrants to drive economic growth, The Washington Post reports. “We are desperate—desperate—for more people,” Mulvaney told a crowd of several hundred at the Oxford Union. “We are running out of people to fuel the economic growth that we’ve had in our nation over the last four years. We need more immigrants.” Mulvaney underscored that the Trump administration wanted those immigrants to come into the country in a “legal fashion,” and the government wanted more foreign workers despite Trump's “anti-immigrant” reputation. More specifically, Mulvaney said the administration wanted to embrace a model that was closer to Canada and Australia's immigration systems which are weighted towards merit and employment-based immigration. “We are very interested in expanding that,” he said. Trump has been particularly critical in the past of immigrants who enter the country through avenues that aren’t merit-based—like chain migration, the visa lottery, and asylum claims.

Mulvaney underscored that the Trump administration wanted those immigrants to come into the country in a “legal fashion,” and the government wanted more foreign workers despite Trump's “anti-immigrant” reputation.

More specifically, Mulvaney said the administration wanted to embrace a model that was closer to Canada and Australia's immigration systems which are weighted towards merit and employment-based immigration.

“We are very interested in expanding that,” he said. Trump has been particularly critical in the past of immigrants who enter the country through avenues that aren’t merit-based—like chain migration, the visa lottery, and asylum claims.

Yep.

Too bad for the "more immigration" crowd (like Tibsy) that the Democrat Party won't sign on to this...................It's open borders or nothing.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 6:09 PM, B-Man said:

a9acab23-5b5c-48b3-a248-ed9442f0f12e.jpg

Jorge Ramos: “Mexico Is Now The Wall”

Jorge Ramos has an opinion piece in the NY Times today in which he argues that Mexico’s president Obrador is making a terrible mistake by, essentially, becoming Trump’s border wall

So essentially, Trump got Mexico to pay for the wall after all.

• Like (+1) 3

Greyhound Bans Immigration Checks On Buses

Wow. I just can’t wait to see how this plays out once this report shows up in the Oval Office.

Greyhound, one of the oldest passenger bus lines in the country, has announced that it will no longer allow Border Patrol agents to board its buses to check the immigration and citizenship status of passengers. Stickers will be placed on all of their buses informing law enforcement that they won’t be allowed on the bus unless they have a warrant to search for a specific suspect. I’ve got a feeling that somebody at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue isn’t going to be a fan of this policy change. (Associated Press)

Greyhound, the nation’s largest bus company, said Friday it will stop allowing Border Patrol agents without a warrant to board its buses to conduct routine immigration checks.

The company’s announcement came one week after The Associated Press reported on a leaked Border Patrol memo confirming that agents can’t board private buses without the consent of the bus company. Greyhound had previously insisted that even though it didn’t like the immigration checks, it had no choice under federal law but to allow them.

In an emailed statement, the company said it would notify the Department of Homeland Security that it does not consent to unwarranted searches on its buses or in areas of terminals that are not open to the public — such as company offices or any areas a person needs a ticket to access.

Perhaps this news isn’t quite as bad as it could be, which isn’t saying much. The memo that the AP obtained specifies that this policy would apply “at non-checkpoint locations.” That’s important because the first thought that crossed my mind was to wonder if we couldn’t even check passengers at border crossings. That’s just an invitation to illegal immigrants that would cost no more than a bus ticket.

Still, it’s not good. But what can the White House do about it, right? I mean, after all, Greyhound is a private company and they set their own policies. Well… not so fast.

We’ve seen President Trump in action before on these types of disputes. Both state governments and private companies frequently rely on the good graces of the federal government to get things done. And as it turns out, in order for Greyhound to legally operate their business with any bus routes that cross state lines, there are a few legal hoops to jump through. Primarily, they need a Motor Carrier Number (MCN) issued by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/02/22/greyhound-bans-immigration-checks-buses/

GOOD NEWS ON IMMIGRATION

Mother Jones has data on immigration that most people will consider good news. Mother Jones, of course, doesn’t see it that way.

When President Donald Trump took office, he wasted no time in overhauling immigration system with high-profile moves such as separating asylum seekers from their children, rolling back the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, and diverting federal funds to build a border wall. Yet along with these dramatic changes, the administration has been implementing smaller, less visible bureaucratic changes that have affected people who seek to work, study, or stay in the United States through visas, green cards, and family unification programs.

As Ur Jaddou, the former chief counsel of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the federal agency that oversees visas, work permits, and green cards told Highline, “the sheer number of both significant and less significant changes is overwhelming. It will take an ambitious plan over a series of years to undo it all.”

I sincerely hope that last assertion is true. Now, on to the data. Refugee admissions have dropped sharply:

Screen-Shot-2020-02-24-at-6.22.22-PM.png

Other immigration categories have slowed as well. It took me a moment to understand the charts, but the lighter dot to the left shows the percentage denied in 2015, and the darker dot to the right shows the percentage denied in 2019. I am especially glad to see “family unity applications” being denied at a relatively high rate–still, only 19%–as these are rife with fraud.

Ultimately, we need a merit-based immigration system like Canada’s, or the one that the new Tory government in the U.K. is proposing.

Until we have a system that is designed to benefit us, not random citizens of third world countries, Trump’s pullback is the best we can do.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 8:42 PM, B-Man said:

Mulvaney underscored that the Trump administration wanted those immigrants to come into the country in a “legal fashion,” and the government wanted more foreign workers despite Trump's “anti-immigrant” reputation.

More specifically, Mulvaney said the administration wanted to embrace a model that was closer to Canada and Australia's immigration systems which are weighted towards merit and employment-based immigration.

“We are very interested in expanding that,” he said. Trump has been particularly critical in the past of immigrants who enter the country through avenues that aren’t merit-based—like chain migration, the visa lottery, and asylum claims.

Yep.

Too bad for the "more immigration" crowd (like Tibsy) that the Democrat Party won't sign on to this...................It's open borders or nothing.

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, maybe tap into the $70 billion a year public services wealth transfer to "legal immigrants" to fuel the bubble.

Traitors.

Court sides with Trump in ‘sanctuary cities’ grant fight

NEW YORK (AP) — The Trump administration can withhold millions of dollars in law enforcement grants to force states to cooperate with U.S. immigration enforcement, a federal appeals court in New York ruled Wednesday in a decision that conflicted with three other federal appeals courts.

(Excerpt) Read more at bostonglobe.com ...

• Like (+1) 3

...so why the hell did both sets of my late grandparents migrate from Italy through Ellis Island THE LEGAL WAY?.........why did one set raise 9 children and the other set raised 4 with "public assistance" NOT a part of their vocabulary?.....Ellis Island and the LEGAL WAY no longer works?.....and of course one of my ultra lib Dem cousins told me, "well, it is completely different today....I will explain it to you".......sorry, not interested.......he always thinks he knows best.....

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so why the hell did both sets of my late grandparents migrate from Italy through Ellis Island THE LEGAL WAY?.........why did one set raise 9 children and the other set raised 4 with "public assistance" NOT a part of their vocabulary?.....Ellis Island and the LEGAL WAY no longer works?.....and of course one of my ultra lib Dem cousins told me, "well, it is completely different today....I will explain it to you".......sorry, not interested.......he always thinks he knows best.....

Clearly they were schmucks who didn't understand that all you had to do was walk across the border, make some bullschiff claim that they were in danger if they went back, get released into the country with no restrictions pending a hearing, disappear into the wind before that hearing, then apply for public benefits, because they're entitled to free everything for coming here illegally.

33 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Clearly they were schmucks who didn't understand that all you had to do was walk across the border, make some bullschiff claim that they were in danger if they went back, get released into the country with no restrictions pending a hearing, disappear into the wind before that hearing, then apply for public benefits, because they're entitled to free everything for coming here illegally.

...two things irk the living Schiff out of me......(1) how come or why did the "legal way" go away?......was it not fair or equitable?......where did this country go soft?...(2). having to listen to my pompous, arrogant, lib Dem cousin feeling the need to explain it to me why it is "different today"...WTF?.....think the much smarter extended family would wise up as to why I haven't attended a family function in a decade+....NAW, they're TOO smart....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...two things irk the living Schiff out of me......(1) how come or why did the "legal way" go away?......was it not fair or equitable?......where did this country go soft?...(2). having to listen to my pompous, arrogant, lib Dem cousin feeling the need to explain it to me why it is "different today"...WTF?.....think the much smarter extended family would wise up as to why I haven't attended a family function in a decade+....NAW, they're TOO smart....

My friend's parents both immigrated here. They did it the right way, and became US citizens. They ***** HATE illegals, after going through all of the time and effort to do it the right way.

That's what the dipschiff liberals don't understand. They think that hispanics and legal immigrants are some monolithic group like blacks have been. They pander to illegals, without understanding that they're alienating and pissing off people (and their descendants) who did it right.

Just now, Koko78 said:

My friend's parents both immigrated here. They did it the right way, and became US citizens. They ***** HATE illegals, after going through all of the time and effort to do it the right way.

That's what the dipschiff liberals don't understand. They think that hispanics and legal immigrants are some monolithic group like blacks have been. They pander to illegals, without understanding that they're alienating and pissing off people (and their descendants) who did it right.

....well, if YOU need it explained to you as to why it is "different today", I'll have my cousin contact you and you can take MY place at ALL future family functions..:thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Realistically illegal immigration has changed over the years. Decades ago it was nearly all Mexican men who came to toil in the fields or plants and went home every year and then came back for the seasonal jobs in years after that. They didn't usually bring any offspring and were under no delusion as to their status here. If we wanted to deport them it was easy----just send them back over the border. We weren't hellbent on deporting them then because we needed them and they "knew their place". Eventually because of new laws and court rulings pushed by the dems whole families became illegal aliens and they came from countries other than Mexico. Our laws were different in how we could deport or hold them and that amounted to our borders being flooded with children, families and sex slaves. Our courts made it impossible for us to handle their rulings in any other way than to release these people into our interior. So, who are the people causing this calamity? 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Realistically illegal immigration has changed over the years. Decades ago it was nearly all Mexican men who came to toil in the fields or plants and went home every year and then came back for the seasonal jobs in years after that. They didn't usually bring any offspring and were under no delusion as to their status here. If we wanted to deport them it was easy----just send them back over the border. We weren't hellbent on deporting them then because we needed them and they "knew their place". Eventually because of new laws and court rulings pushed by the dems whole families became illegal aliens and they came from countries other than Mexico. Our laws were different in how we could deport or hold them and that amounted to our borders being flooded with children, families and sex slaves. Our courts made it impossible for us to handle their rulings in any other way than to release these people into our interior. So, who are the people causing this calamity? 

...which made perfect equitable sense......they came here to fulfill a labor need, performed their task and returned home with their earnings to support their families....makes perfect sense as in a win-win...US production benefitted and the migrant families as well as their home countries benefitted (ie. disposable income to be spent).....seems to me that the system worked.....so now "new laws and court rulings" shift the burden back on LEGAL US citizens for handouts, fringes, etc with NO impetus to return home.....so if they want to stay and become legal, what the hell happened to the LEGAL WAY via Ellis Island?....sure I'm an independent conservative and would help those WHO NEED HELP BUT ARE WILLING TO HELP THEMSELVES,  but I loathe parasites on MY nickel who know how to milk the system.....

They "know" what's right for you but never seem to actually get it right for themselves. 

....but their condescending arrogance always prevails....but I will only speak for my illustrious relatives/extended family......I'd provide some of their proverbial quotes. but you'd accuse me of "making that crap up"...that's how bad it is...SMH...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....but their condescending arrogance always prevails....but I will only speak for my illustrious relatives/extended family......I'd provide some of their proverbial quotes. but you'd accuse me of "making that crap up"...that's how bad it is...SMH...

I've got a younger brother who is not only filled with TDS but has everything figured out for other people. 

I've got a younger brother who is not only filled with TDS but has everything figured out for other people. 

...PERFECT!!...he can take my spot at all future family gatherings...............:D...would fit like a glove...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

17 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

...one deceased aunt...."Ronald Reagan ruined my life".....911 attack: "George bush is NOT my president"......another deceased aunt anguished over voting for "a black man", a/k/a Obama because NOT voting Democrat was treasonous.....she eventually pulled the lever.....or, a classic....a straight faced cousin said Monica "did this country a service by relaxing Slick Willy so he could do a better job".....or....a cousin's kid (same mold as his old man), "Bush invaded Iraq for its oil".....so when asked why gas was 4 bucks a gallon?...crickets.....the is not made up stuff folks, yet PRICELESS...........

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...one deceased aunt...."Ronald Reagan ruined my life".....911 attack: "George bush is NOT my president"......another deceased aunt anguished over voting for "a black man", a/k/a Obama because NOT voting Democrat was treasonous.....she eventually pulled the lever.....or, a classic....a straight faced cousin said Monica "did this country a service by relaxing Slick Willy so he could do a better job".....or....a cousin's kid (same mold as his old man), "Bush invaded Iraq for its oil".....so when asked why gas was 4 bucks a gallon?...crickets.....the is not made up stuff folks, yet PRICELESS...........

I've never seen a group of people who are so willing to be disingenuous and obtuse at the same time. Liberals are willing to discount history and/or proof of something if it doesn't fit their narrative. 

Chicago Mayor Defends ‘Sanctuary City’ Policy After ICE Says Man Accused Of Raping Toddler Was Previously Deported

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is on the defensive this weekend after Immigrations and Customs Enforcement announced that a convicted felon, now facing charges of sexually assaulting a toddler in a downtown Chicago McDonalds bathroom, was supposed to have been turned over to ICE and deported — and had been deported before.

“ICE said in a news release Thursday [Christopher] Puente was placed into Chicago police custody in June of 2019 after he was arrested for theft,” according to a Chicago ABC affiliate. “According to ICE, Chicago police were expected to hold Puente until he could be taken into their custody, as Puente was expected to be deported.”

Because Chicago is a so-called “Sanctuary City” and has lenient bail policies, Puente was released back into the community.

Puente is now charged with raping a 3-year-old girl in the bathroom of Chicago’s landmark “Rock & Roll McDonalds,” a major tourist destination just north of the city’s downtown, and just west of its “Magnificent Mile” shopping district. Puente allegedly lured the girl away from her father, who was attending to the girl’s brother inside a bathroom stall. Puente, police say, dragged the girl into his stall, locked the door, molested and assaulted her. The girl’s father, alerted by her screams, rescued her, but could not catch Puente, CPD says, who bolted from the bathroom and out the door of the McDonalds, into the street.

“Puente was being investigated for trespassing when police recognized him from the surveillance pictures because he was wearing the same clothes he has on following Monday’s attack,” ABC Chicago said in a separate story.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/chicago-mayor-defends-sanctuary-city-policy-after-ice-says-man-accused-of-raping-toddler-was-previously-deported?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwbrand

• Like (+1) 1

Libs PANIC as ICE starts arresting illegal immigrants in NYC

It appears ICE is, you know, doing its job in New York City and libs just can’t deal:

Upholding laws and deportation orders is now “dehumanization”?

According to Correal, ICE agents were executing a criminal arrest warrant:

Thankfully, ICE did arrest the illegal alien charged with the sexual abuse of a child after NYC released him. 

Via Townhall VIP:

• Like (+1) 3