The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

The University will review footage up by the hospital [from] security cameras to identify those who made the chalkings, Wagner told the protesters. He also added that if theyre students, they will go through the conduct violation process, while if they are from outside of the University, trespassing charges will be pressed.

Cost of attending Emory University: $63,058 per year.

Number of Trump voters created by this: Significant. Especially if a lot of people read this entire article.

This can't be real, can it?

The only thing worse than these pu55ie5 needing a safe space after some wrote trump on the sidewalk is the university's disgusting fascist response to the situation.

So...

Expressing support for a Presidential candidate will get you into the college's conduct violation process?

That sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

According to the article apparently chalking needs to be reserved or something. Having said that as has been mentioned I imagine there'd be no fuss had there been chalking a for Clinton or Sanders. I've been trying to hire recent grads with little success. If this is any indication of their thin skin I'm glad I've not had success. I can't imagine how they'd hold up if a client said no they had a complaint.

Am I the only one that thinks a brigade of bat-wielding toughs beating the snot out of those entitled brats would be a wholesome endeavor?

No, you're not.

I'm in....figuratively. These 'stories' sound more and more like articles from the Onion. I keep asking myself, "Are they serious?" Beating the snot out of them would be a bit much. Perhaps someone could point out to them what a real 'crisis' and 'life in fear' looks like. Goodness...

Am I the only one that thinks a brigade of bat-wielding toughs beating the snot out of those entitled brats would be a wholesome endeavor?

I don't think that's too out of line. As long as you don't write "Trump" on the bat.

I'm in....figuratively. These 'stories' sound more and more like articles from the Onion. I keep asking myself, "Are they serious?" Beating the snot out of them would be a bit much. Perhaps someone could point out to them what a real 'crisis' and 'life in fear' looks like. Goodness...

They do deserve to get trapped in a room with with a bunch of angry honey badgers though

Beating the snot out of them would be a bit much.

I think it would be jolly good fun, to be honest.

I don't think that's too out of line. As long as you don't write "Trump" on the bat.

:lol:

1billsfan has gone full gatorman on Trump.

If you haven't read his stuff, consider yourself lucky.

Oh, no. I unfortunately have.

His "Trump won't tell us what he's going to do because he wants it to be a surprise" shtick was hilariously Pelosi-esque.

I just didn't understand your post in relation to this thread.

Perhaps I missed something?

I think it would be jolly good fun, to be honest.

:lol:

You know, it's really fun talking to these people, too. Arguing things like "You know, I don't mean to sound niggardly with my empathy, but your feelings do not trump my right to free speech..."

"You said 'Trump!' And "niggardly!" AAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!" <<curls in to fetal position>>

You know, it's really fun talking to these people, too. Arguing things like "You know, I don't mean to sound niggardly with my empathy, but your feelings do not trump my right to free speech..."

"You said 'Trump!' And "niggardly!" AAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!" <<curls in to fetal position>>

You can just imagine the reaction to mentioning master/slave drives and circuits. If I was teaching electronics 101 I'd be using those terms as frequently as possible.

You can just imagine the reaction to mentioning master/slave drives and circuits. If I was teaching electronics 101 I'd be using those terms as frequently as possible.

California banned references to "master" and "slave" drives in state government offices about 15 years ago.

In protest, I started calling them "plantation owner" and "cotton picker" drives.

California banned references to "master" and "slave" drives in state government offices about 15 years ago.

In protest, I started calling them "plantation owner" and "cotton picker" drives.

I would have gone with 'pimp drives' and 'B word drives'.

60 American Law Profs Condemn Anonymous Student For Posting ‘All Lives Matter’ On Prof’s Door.

Cost of attending American University’s Washington College of Law: $76,704 per year.

Also: a picture of the 'offending' chalk scrawl at Emerson University posted about earlier.....NSFW ?

Trump-Chalking-Emory-e1458705533388-620x

I can see why some of the Social justice Warriors don't feel safe.

60 American Law Profs Condemn Anonymous Student For Posting ‘All Lives Matter’ On Prof’s Door.

Cost of attending American University’s Washington College of Law: $76,704 per year.

Also: a picture of the 'offending' chalk scrawl at Emerson University posted about earlier.....NSFW ?

I think we can rule out Banksy as the culprit. That chalk work is 2nd grade level at best.

Oh, no. I unfortunately have.

His "Trump won't tell us what he's going to do because he wants it to be a surprise" shtick was hilariously Pelosi-esque.

I just didn't understand your post in relation to this thread.

Perhaps I missed something?

I quoted the wrong post. Now I can't even find the post I meant to quote, so....nevermind.

I'll stand by my assertion that is was a deaf-mute game of Euchre. If you read underneath you can see the word "diamonds" in very small print.

I'll stand by my assertion that is was a deaf-mute game of Euchre. If you read underneath you can see the word "diamonds" in very small print.

Well it's a good thing it didn't say "spades" isn't it? :ph34r:

Goddamn it I actually looked. :wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash:

Me too. :lol:

Twitter has taken to calling the Emerson students "Emmeroids."

They need some Preparation T for what ails them so.

The Hypocrisy behind the Student-Renaming Craze

University students across the country — at Amherst, Georgetown, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, UC–Berkeley, and dozens of other campuses — are caught up in yet another new fad.

This time, the latest college craze is a frenzied attempt to rename campus buildings and streets. Apparently some of those names from the past do not fit students’ present litmus tests on race, class, and gender correctness.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/433149/politically-correct-college-campuses-hypocritical-renaming-craze

Scripps College goes Emory over Trump Hashtag Left on Whiteboard : “This racist act is completely unacceptable”

Last week, it was blogged about the hubbub at Emory University where students took chalk markings reading “Trump” as a hate message.

A few days after the Emory incident, this terrifying message was left on a Scripps College student’s white board:

scripps-college-donald-trump-emory-colle

In response, Scripps College Student Body President, Minjoo Kim, sent a campus-wide email condemning the “racist” act as one of “intentional violence.” Kim provided the information for students seeking mental health support after Whiteboard Gate.

But is this whole ordeal a hoax?

oDFTrcC__bigger.jpg Hannah Oh@hannahoh16 Mar 26

#trump2016 on whiteboard looks VERY similar to the "victim's" handwriting. R's and 2's are identical. Hmm.

Cehb-3uWwAAl7-z.jpgCehb-3wWIAAisSB.jpg

I was listening to a band's (Lotus) performance at some festival earlier this month. One of the band members was addressing the crowd before they played and opened with this "Can you please put down the Trump sign. It's very disturbing" I was certain he was going to say distracting which itself is a stretch. But disturbing? There's no crying in Rock and Roll!!! :cry::rolleyes: