The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

CSULA is trying to stifle differing viewpoints.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/3599/csula-president-shuts-down-shapiro-event-shapiro-daily-wire

CSULA President Shuts Down Shapiro Event; Shapiro Replies, 'See You There, Snowflakes'

The last line from the article sums it up perfectly:

"CSULA students have said the event poses a “threat to their lives” and is “damaging to their mental health.”

"CSULA students have said the event poses a “threat to their lives” and is “damaging to their mental health.”

It's absolutely amazing to me that people capitulate to this sort of nonsense rather than laughing at them and telling them to grow up.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

It's absolutely amazing to me that people capitulate to this sort of nonsense rather than laughing at them and telling them to grow up.

That's just it - they don't want to grow up. Being young and idealistic is fine, but the whole idea of growing as an individual is to have your beliefs challenged. They don't want their beliefs challenged, and they're trying to bend the way the world works around their extraordinarily naive viewpoints. They're in for a rough life unless they can learn to be honest with themselves.

That's just it - they don't want to grow up. Being young and idealistic is fine, but the whole idea of growing as an individual is to have your beliefs challenged. They don't want their beliefs challenged, and they're trying to bend the way the world works around their extraordinarily naive viewpoints. They're in for a rough life unless they can learn to be honest with themselves.

But it's not just their beliefs. It's their lives!!!!!

Sometimes, I wish I could transplant these people back to Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, or the Khmer Rouge. Just to give them some perspective.

But it's not just their beliefs. It's their lives!!!!!

Sometimes, I wish I could transplant these people back to Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, or the Khmer Rouge. Just to give them some perspective.

They could pick up some new techniques on how to impose their intolerance by learning from the pros?

Many people still do that but collective, mild shaming by society as a whole went out a long time ago and in many cases hurt us.

Melissa Click of "I need some muscle to remove this student" fame finally canned.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/education/turmoil_at_mu/university-of-missouri-curators-vote-to-fire-melissa-click/article_4b0ae653-2d61-5f3f-9ede-a129d12f0fd1.html

Assistant Professor Melissa Click, captured on video calling for “some muscle” to remove reporters from a campus protest site, was fired Wednesday by the University of Missouri Board of Curators, Chairwoman Pam Henrickson said in a prepared statement.

The board voted 4-2 in favor of termination during a closed session in Kansas City, with Henrickson and curator John Phillips opposing the move, UM System spokesman John Fougere wrote in an email Thursday. Curators David Steelman, Donald Cupps, Maurice Graham and Phil Snowden voted in favor of firing Click.

Click did not respond to a message seeking comment Thursday. The board earlier voted to suspend Click with pay on Jan. 27.

“The board respects Dr. Click’s right to express her views and does not base this decision on her support for students engaged in protest or their views,” Henrickson said in the prepared statement. “However, Dr. Click was not entitled to interfere with the rights of others, to confront members of law enforcement or to encourage potential physical intimidation against a student.”

Melissa Click of "I need some muscle to remove this student" fame finally canned.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/education/turmoil_at_mu/university-of-missouri-curators-vote-to-fire-melissa-click/article_4b0ae653-2d61-5f3f-9ede-a129d12f0fd1.html

Assistant Professor Melissa Click, captured on

to remove reporters from a campus protest site, was fired Wednesday by the University of Missouri Board of Curators, Chairwoman Pam Henrickson said in a prepared statement.

The board voted 4-2 in favor of termination during a closed session in Kansas City, with Henrickson and curator John Phillips opposing the move, UM System spokesman John Fougere wrote in an email Thursday. Curators David Steelman, Donald Cupps, Maurice Graham and Phil Snowden voted in favor of firing Click.

Click did not respond to a message seeking comment Thursday. The board earlier voted to suspend Click with pay on Jan. 27.

“The board respects Dr. Click’s right to express her views and does not base this decision on her support for students engaged in protest or their views,” Henrickson said in the prepared statement. “However, Dr. Click was not entitled to interfere with the rights of others, to confront members of law enforcement or to encourage potential physical intimidation against a student.”

Look for the board to soon be forced to resign, for the crime of giving Western modes of rationalism preference over anecdotal emotionalism in their theory, in violation of CRT.

"CSULA students have said the event poses a threat to their lives and is damaging to their mental health.

!@#$ing pussies.

Man these regressive kids suck. Tell that to an iraq, or Vietnam veteran your life is in danger because a guy has a different viewpoint than you.

CSULA is trying to stifle differing viewpoints.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/3599/csula-president-shuts-down-shapiro-event-shapiro-daily-wire

CSULA President Shuts Down Shapiro Event; Shapiro Replies, 'See You There, Snowflakes'

Finally we are learning........

Ben Shapiro ignored the Left's whining and gave his speech at CSULA anyway.

Of course there were protests

7187314513_63e2d16523_m.jpg

Irony is lost on the idiotic liberals at #CSULA who all chant "this is what diversity looks like" in unison.

Way to go @benshapiro

Irony is lost on the idiotic liberals at #CSULA who all chant "this is what diversity looks like" in unison.

Reminds me of some B-List metal/goth band I saw a few years ago. Singer got the crowd going up in a chant to scream for non-conformity :lol:

Anyways, I am all about diversity:

celebrate_diversity_guns.gif

More on this story:

‘Bloviating jackasses’ try to silence Ben Shapiro at CSULA [pics, video]

Those who were there were treated to a sickening display of leftist “tolerance”:

protesters form human chain to prevent Ben #shapiro speak at #CalStateLA

liberal protestors use physical force and shout racist anti semitic threats to intimidate students from hearing Ben

someone pulled a firearm alarm to shut down @benshapiro at the @yaf event

CcGQb2oWEAI6kOA.jpg

Shapiro ended his speech with: “So here’s my message to these bloviating jackasses outside: Toughen up, you spoiled-brat snowflakes, if you actually want a better world.”

Also: ROTC student banned from starting conservative club, university won't say why https://shar.es/1Cpm0Z

More on this story:

‘Bloviating jackasses’ try to silence Ben Shapiro at CSULA [pics, video]

Those who were there were treated to a sickening display of leftist “tolerance”:

protesters form human chain to prevent Ben #shapiro speak at #CalStateLA

liberal protestors use physical force and shout racist anti semitic threats to intimidate students from hearing Ben

someone pulled a firearm alarm to shut down @benshapiro at the @yaf event

CcGQb2oWEAI6kOA.jpg

Shapiro ended his speech with: “So here’s my message to these bloviating jackasses outside: Toughen up, you spoiled-brat snowflakes, if you actually want a better world.”

Also: ROTC student banned from starting conservative club, university won't say why https://shar.es/1Cpm0Z

It's a duplicate organization because it only takes one rational conservative voice to dispute the sea of liberal rants.

If you've ever watched some of these debates, they usually host one calm conservative stating facts, while three (or more) liberals shriek and comfort each other on the validity of their feelings on the subject.

WHY SO PHALLOPHOBIC, UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN?

‘Snow penis’ erected during snowstorm reported as ‘bias incident’ at University of Michigan.

Sounds like a hostile education environment for male students.

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/227698/

Harvard ‘racial justice’ protesters protest award ceremony about … racial injustice.

:doh:

Edited by B-Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pydUfffjZ4

Just discovered this guy. He's a comedian who trolls liberals with facts. Gavin Mcinnes

min: 6:40

Gavin: The dominant narrative in America is "white people are evil, white people suck, we should be ashamed of ourselves..."

Feminist: I don't think we should be ashamed of ourselves. I think we should take responsibility for the system that we've created.

Gavin: The best system in the world?

Feminist: Ooooh[skoff]...We don't have the best system in the world. [laughs]

Gavin: Who has a better system?

Feminist: There are many European countries that have... are much better off than us

Gavin: You mean European countries with a higher density of whites... like northern Europe.

Feminist. [shakes head] That's one way to phrase it... I guess.

Gavin: You don't mean Turkey. [laughs]

Feminist: No. [serious]

Gavin: You don't mean Eastern Europe, with the communists... So the only time you can come up with a system that's better than America... It's a country that's more white than America.

Feminist: ... [tight lipped disdain. Knows she just screwed herself.]

Gavin: I don't understand. [prodding]

Feminist: uhh... ummm... [whispers] I won't say anything...