The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

A step in the right direction ? ?

The governor of Kentucky is not outlawing French Lit majors; au contraire............. http://nyti.ms/1XIj961

A Rising Call to Promote STEM Education and Cut Liberal Arts Funding

Why do STEM majors require so many humanities courses, but liberal arts students don't have to take engineering classes?

I remember one (very aware) professor telling us that he went through our class profiles and that he was going to grade Engineering students differently than Drama majors- I was so relieved, but brought some complaints from the liberal arts students. Apparently, the professor was tired of STEM students dropping his classes.

A step in the right direction ? ?

The governor of Kentucky is not outlawing French Lit majors; au contraire............. http://nyti.ms/1XIj961

A Rising Call to Promote STEM Education and Cut Liberal Arts Funding

Cb1SJr_UEAAZpF5.png

Isn't our immigration policy currently the same way? But no....for some reason our current leaders (left and right) seem to think just the opposite. Let's reward those that bring very little to the economy through skill and education. There are only so many dishes to be washed and lawns to be mowed.

Isn't our immigration policy currently the same way? But no....for some reason our current leaders (left and right) seem to think just the opposite. Let's reward those that bring very little to the economy through skill and education. There are only so many dishes to be washed and lawns to be mowed.

For $15 an hour.

Of which every penny will be spent, thus stimulating the economy.

Seems like a waste, doesn't it?

I mean, all we hear from leftists like Pelosi is how every $1 in food stamps adds up to $1.79 to the economy.

Seems to me we should stop forcing companies to pay a $15/hour minimum wage and just give everyone food stamps!

Step one: Give everyone food stamps.

Step two: ???

Step three: Boom goes the economy!

Seems like a waste, doesn't it?

I mean, all we hear from leftists like Pelosi is how every $1 in food stamps adds up to $1.79 to the economy.

Seems to me we should stop forcing companies to pay a $15/hour minimum wage and just give everyone food stamps!

Step one: Give everyone food stamps.

Step two: ???

Step three: Boom goes the economy!

Can't tax food stamps.

Or a good percentage of it will be sent back to their families in their home country.

No, they'll still be getting $2 an hour to send back. We have a minimum wage now that they already earn less than. I don't see that changing with the minimum wage going up. Very well could just be more of them.

No, they'll still be getting $2 an hour to send back. We have a minimum wage now that they already earn less than. I don't see that changing with the minimum wage going up. Very well could just be more of them.

No they'll send more back home. Many of them are here for the work and they plan on spending a lot of the money they earn here back in their home countries when they move back after sucking money out of our economy.

No they'll send more back home. Many of them are here for the work and they plan on spending a lot of the money they earn here back in their home countries when they move back after sucking money out of our economy.

Illegal aliens are going to be getting $15 an hour minimum wage jobs?

Edited by reddogblitz

If that is the minimum wage, yes...

Well no they won't be getting that because they work on the black market. My point is they will likely make more as minimum wage goes up and regardless what they make saying it will all go back to the economy is laughable. Well it will go back into the economy just not ours. It will go back into Mexico's.

CSULA is trying to stifle differing viewpoints.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/3599/csula-president-shuts-down-shapiro-event-shapiro-daily-wire

CSULA President Shuts Down Shapiro Event; Shapiro Replies, 'See You There, Snowflakes'

And of course when the university invited speakers with a left leaning message they didn't feel it necessary to have others with a different opinion speak for balance. It's pretty obvious they're not looking for balance they're silencing those with ideas different from theirs. That's pretty sad. What are they afraid of?

BTW I love how the left preaches diversity as long as you don't disagree with them.

Edited by Chef Jim

And of course when the university invited speakers with a left leaning message they didn't feel it necessary to have others with a different opinion speak for balance. It's pretty obvious they're not looking for balance they're silencing those with ideas different from theirs. That's pretty sad. What are they afraid of?

BTW I love how the left preaches diversity as long as you don't disagree with them.

The left preaches meritless diversity. They don't value merited diversity of ideas at all.

Hurt feelings.

I'm not a big Shapiro guy by any means, but I do enjoy him going after this kind of behavior.

CSULA is trying to stifle differing viewpoints.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/3599/csula-president-shuts-down-shapiro-event-shapiro-daily-wire

CSULA President Shuts Down Shapiro Event; Shapiro Replies, 'See You There, Snowflakes'

7EFA5D3E5A1268289242765967360_41ff9d20bf
Actual footage of leftists at CSULA finding out @benshapiro is STILL coming to campus.

https://t.co/Va5dS4ctV7