The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

Dear God. Get over your sensitive fragile hurt feelings already. My god these "kids" are the future of our country. We are all doomed. And what the hell is wrong in academia that creates a culture where people think like this. Go back to you occupy wall street protests and shitting on cop cars.

Salon's first act is to blame free speech. And you wonder where college kids are getting their ideas from

CTvPX5nVEAEs6lh.jpg

Read this nonsense on stilts and wonder at the value Yale parents are getting for their tuition. https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/11/12/heres-what-my-yale-students-get-free-expression-and-anti-racism-arent-mutually-exclusive/?tid=ss_tw

Spiked’s Brendan O’Neill: Explaining Away Atrocity
Less than 24 hours after the barbarism in Paris, the bodies of more than 120 concertgoers, Friday-night revellers and children barely cold, and the apologism has already begun. They couldn’t even wait a whole day, these cultural appeasers, whose kneejerk response to every act of terrorism is to ask what we the wicked West did to deserve it, or to argue that we the wicked West will make things worse with our response to it….

O’Neill sees an interplay between the self-loathing of some in the West and what he refers to as the “nihilism” (I don’t think it’s that) of the terrorists, but there’s a great deal to this:
They are a brutal, violent expression of a disgust for the modern world that has its origins in the universities, political circles and media elites of the West itself as much as in the volatile, unstable territories in the Islamic world. Indeed, many of the attacks in the West over the past 15 years have been carried out by people either born in or educated in the West.

Indeed they have. And many of them will have attended schools of the multiculturalist era, schools in which the culture of the West is portrayed as something exceptionally shameful, a caricature of history that some of them will have swallowed whole, a caricature of history that is particularly dangerous at a time of mass immigration. Assimilate into that?
Others would have seen this as an expression of weakness. And they would have been right.
To quote Bin Laden: When people see a strong horse and a weak horse, by nature, they will like the strong horse.

Sounds like gatorgal.

i wouldn't knock her down to gator level yet. At least the chick had a few moments where you could see the hamster wheel was spinning because the facts and numbers did not compute with what she has been spoonfed. gator on the other hand just throws a tantrum when reality catches up

i wouldn't knock her down to gator level yet. At least the chick had a few moments where you could see the hamster wheel was spinning because the facts and numbers did not compute with what she has been spoonfed. gator on the other hand just throws a tantrum when reality catches up

You'd think she would have been smart enough to go with "We don't have to pay for it. It'll be free!" response.

The massive positive that is happening here should be obvious: the far-left ideology of far too many professors, and their willingness to enforce, not teach, that ideology, at our college campuses has been exposed on a grand scale.

For years people have bitched about this, but now, when it's been mainstreamed? There's only 1 possible outcome: backlash. (Once again if you want something done, put the far left in charge of doing the opposite). It's impossible to ignore this story because of its pervasiveness.

When you have sports radio guys offering opinions on this, and most of them stumbling and bumbling their way to the Constitutionally Correct answer: Free Speech is a right? There's going to be backlash.

That's is because even when the biggest idiots in the country get their chance to look down on those who are otherwise always looking down on them, they take it.

This is not over, for the simple reason that it so easily translates into: college debt, college effectiveness, etc. All of these translate to a comprehensive review of college as a concept. In the end, I believe the far left will be responsible for destroying yet another of its "safe zones". In the end, the college professors responsible for what happened at Missou...aren't going to get what they intended.