The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

I was just thinking this morning that in not too long we'll see people demanding that the Constitution come with trigger warnings.

But I really thought it wouldn't be for a few years, and would involve the Second Amendment, not the First.

There was a recent "article" which referenced a few students who did exactly this to expose the illiberalism of faculty, and the degree of intellectual coddling that goes on at universities.

Students went to their dean's and advisor's offices saying that they had been handed a copy of the Constitution on campus, stated that the document made them feel unsafe and threatened, and asked if the responding faculty could have the document shredded.

They all sympathized and capitulated without questioning.

There was a recent "article" which referenced a few students who did exactly this to expose the illiberalism of faculty, and the degree of intellectual coddling that goes on at universities.

Students went to their dean's and advisor's offices saying that they had been handed a copy of the Constitution on campus, stated that the document made them feel unsafe and threatened, and asked if the responding faculty could have the document shredded.

They all sympathized and capitulated without questioning.

Yes, I know, my school was one of them.

But I was talking about public exclamations that get loud (if not broad) support. Not some retarded sting operation singling out junior college administrators whose job is is to enable these wilting lilies.

Yes, I know, my school was one of them.

But I was talking about public exclamations that get loud (if not broad) support. Not some retarded sting operation singling out junior college administrators whose job is is to enable these wilting lilies.

Ah, well, in that case I'm sure you see a few in the coming months.

The Left is stark raving loony mad. Left to their own devices they'll create an environment of madness that's totally insulated and divorced from reality. Universities are a perfect petri dish for their experiments.

My guess is you never watched The Donald & Dr. Weirdo (Ben Carson... THAT is what one of my AA friend calls him) go @ it.

??

;-)

K... Both add sides have officially gone off the rails of the crazy train.

Your side longer than my illustrious side... BUT not by much.

:-P

WAIT A SEC... I recant what I just said in the lower part of my last post... ;-)

Everybody's head will explode... Ya know what... Hillary will come off as the "sane" choice...

LMAO...

Have the government take them up and it would be like a tax cuts that will increase consumer spending and accelerate economic growth

Wait, so what you're saying is that tax cuts spur consumer spending which accelerates the economy? Interesting you'd come out and say that.

Oh, you can get any answer from a poll depending on how you ask it.

Here's the phrasing.

2* Should the government investigate and prosecute scientists and others including major corporations who question global warming?

I can't find anything leading or deceptive in that question. Very direct.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I wonder if these fools realize that sooner or later their actions WILL spawn a right-wing fascist response to their left-wing fascism? I hope I'm not alive when it happens, because when it does, look the !@#$ out.

I hate to say it but it's just a matter of time. These idiots keep pulling the country farther and farther to the left at some point there will be a reaction.

More Yale student crybabies:

When the hell did they start that annoying finger-snapping that the beatniks used to do at coffee houses?

"This is our home..."

No, it's not. It's your !@#$ing school. You know how you can tell the difference? You wouldn't pull this **** at home.

"It is not about creating an intellectual space! It is not!"

At Yale? Really?

They're effectively saying "We're at college! We need to be protected from things we don't agree with! Don't challenge us!"

And they don't even see the irony.

They're effectively saying "We're at college! We need to be protected from things we don't agree with! Don't challenge us!"

And they don't even see the irony.

Well, on the upside they're effectively defeating their own argument that their tuition should be free.

If what they're asking us to pay for is a home, then they can simply apply for subsidized housing through the state of their residence.