Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

Wonder how long it's gonna take the little job folks like birddog to love Sammy again :)

The butthurt factor is heeeeeeelarious

#Bust

#7FirstRoundPicks

#WeAllWantedBeckham

I've liked sammy as a player since we drafted him. But this episode on social media was an insult to the fans, and put him in a personal dislike category. So long as he shuts up and catches footballs, I'll forgive his being a stupid douche.

#Butthurt

#YouInsultedSammyFirst

#CryAboutIt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so far this season a staggering 26 targets & 18 catches, which is two weeks for Odell, Julio or Antonio.

As said the most positive note was that TT looked at him first, not Clay or Woods. Interesting but when they'd line up, this week you could tell Watckins was the target.

I don't use that particular social media. So, to have him insult my line of work without knowing me or what I do, makes HIM an !@#$. And you, by extension, for excusing the behavior.

If you don't use that social media, and you didn't insult him, then he wasn't talking to you, was he?

Besides, it's your decision to be offended.

For me, it's quite simple really: he was talking to the morons that trolled him on social media. I'm neither a moron, nor a troll, so I have no reason to be offended by anything he said.

Revis next.

How will Sammy do?

Hopefully he'll get open as reliably as he did against him last year!

And so far this season a staggering 26 targets & 18 catches, which is two weeks for Odell, Julio or Antonio.

As said the most positive note was that TT looked at him first, not Clay or Woods. Interesting but when they'd line up, this week you could tell Watckins was the target.

As you astutely point out, when Sammy gets the targets, he produces just as readily as those guys.

So let's get him the targets. Any time your #1 receiver produces nearly 93% of your team's receiving yards, it's an amazing feat.

Revis next.

How will Sammy do?

i will put it this way - Oakland decided to throw to Cooper anyway with the assessment that Cooper was better than Revis or at least on par with him and could beat him the majority of the time. If TT decides the same and isn't worried about a few times that Sammy probably won't win the matchup and instead wants to win on the times that he does win it, we will be in business. If TT plays it safe and throws to the other guys, that's the wrong mentality when you have a player of Watkins caliber. Edited by YoloinOhio

i will put it this way - Oakland decided to throw to Cooper anyway with the assessment that Cooper was better than Revis or at least on par with him and could beat him the majority of the time. If TT decides the same and isn't worried about a few times that Sammy probably won't win the matchup and instead wants to win on the times that he does win it, we will be in business. If TT plays it safe and throws to the other guys, that's the wrong mentality when you have a player of Watkins caliber.

Agreed. Part of what makes the D's Revis plays on so effective is the simple belief by the offense that "we can't throw to that half of the field." I wouldn't target Revis but I wouldn't stay away form him either. Use the entire field and the O will be better for it.

Inside Watkins' big day

Turns out Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins knew what he was talking about.

You just gotta get him the ball.

"I live by the film," Watkins told the team's official site after catching all eight of his targets for a career-best 168 yards and a touchdown. "I watched (Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes) in every game from 2-3 years ago and watched how he plays press and doesn't switch it up. So I set it up to keep taking him inside, keep selling it. I beat him inside on the first throw, so I knew when in doubt that he's going to jump inside if I do it. So I double-moved him inside, sold him with my body. He jumped, and I just put my hand up, and Tyrod delivered the ball."

i will put it this way - Oakland decided to throw to Cooper anyway with the assessment that Cooper was better than Revis or at least on par with him and could beat him the majority of the time. If TT decides the same and isn't worried about a few times that Sammy probably won't win the matchup and instead wants to win on the times that he does win it, we will be in business. If TT plays it safe and throws to the other guys, that's the wrong mentality when you have a player of Watkins caliber.

^ this

I look for Clay to be the primary target next week. They shouldnt completely avoid Revis but they shouldnt play with fire either.

I'm not so sure that Revis is an island anymore. He's still extremely good, but not invincible. We shall see. It would be good to have Clay get some receptions too.

His 2nd best of the day...that diving effort on the sideline where he somehow got his elbow down in bounds was incredible

I also thought he had his knee down in bounds. Great catch.

You all can say what you want. I, for one, will never forgive a 21-year-old for being frustrated about not being able to stay on the field and taking offense at a group of nerds tweaking him on Instagram.

There's no way he was worth the ten first round picks Whaley gave up for him.

^

This. :bag:

Fourteen first round picks is far too many to give up for any Kallage player.

I don't use that particular social media. So, to have him insult my line of work without knowing me or what I do, makes HIM an !@#$. And you, by extension, for excusing the behavior.

Then he didnt insult you.

Even knowing how overly sensitive and emotional Bills fans tend to be, this outrage over a single post which was aimed at a small group of trolls is pretty baffling.

If you werent one of the vicious trolls hounding Sammy consistently, then you have no part in the matter.

I was THRILLED to be able to chant Sammy's name at the game yesterday, and let him know that not all Bills fans are completely self-centered over-reactors.

Time to build a bridge and get over it.