Here's a Wow Stat About Rex as a Head Coach

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes!

@AndrewSiciliano

Since 2012, Rex Ryan-coached teams are 2-17 after a win.

Wrong guy for this rebuild....too much bluster and no substance

Players coach....party time after a win...he's right there beside them.

Wants to be your favorite Uncle...this team needs a LEADER and a focus that is on our stengths...not molding our D to his thoughts...waste of time and effort....

Wrong guy for this rebuild....too much bluster and no substance

Wants to be your favorite Uncle...this team needs a LEADER and a focus that is on our stengths...not molding our D to his thoughts...waste of time and effort....

This shouldn't be a rebuild. We had a top defense last year, and lost one player. On offense, we added a bunch of new weapons from last year to be able to dominiate.

This shouldn't be a rebuild. We had a top defense last year, and lost one player. On offense, we added a bunch of new weapons from last year to be able to dominiate.

So then he's a coach who can make a horrible team close to average, but he can also make a good team close to average. Coaching by regression to the mean!

1 home win. 3 home losses. That's pretty much the only stat that I need to see. Realistically at this point, they probably have to go 8-2 to make the playoffs.

i think 1 team from the east makes it - so at that point it becomes a battle between the jets/bills/fins. Pittsburgh is probably a lock, and SD could join the mix. I think if we can clean up in the division a bit 9-7 might get them there. Would need some tie breaker help, but its certainly possible.

Not that I have a ton of confidence at this point....

Right. This is no rebuild. The Bills have a good roster with no consistent, proven Quarterback. But definitely not a rebuild. Until the Bills get consistently good QB play, alternating wins and losses( not surprisingly pretty consistent with the quality of the opposing QB) sounds about right. Why should Bills fans expect anything else . You only go as far as your QB can take you in this league.

I think RR suffers from ADHD which is common in those with dyslexia, which Rex reportedly has, according to his mother. This lack of ability to establish and maintain focus can manifest in any number of ways and I wouldn't be surprised if it effects his ability to properly prepare his teams. Add that to his propensity to run a loose ship as a "player's coach", and it can be a recipe for the type of inconsistency we see from him.

I think a head coach has to have a singularity of purpose and the ability to get that out of his players. I believe Rex may literally not be able to get out of his own way in that regard.

GO BILLS!!!

Overconfident much?

I do think Rex get's his players to think they are the best, which can lead to not trying as hard because you are "better".

Bellicheat always praises the other team and downplays their own abilities, which calms the other team down and makes his own players try harder because they are "not that good". I heard Tony Gonzales say one time on the radio how much he respected Belly and when they were at the probowl Belly told him to do a better job and then ignored him when he was doing better and then he said he realized that Belly go him to practice harder even though it was the probowl.

I think RR suffers from ADHD which is common in those with dyslexia, which Rex reportedly has, according to his mother. This lack of ability to establish and maintain focus can manifest in any number of ways and I wouldn't be surprised if it effects his ability to properly prepare his teams. Add that to his propensity to run a loose ship as a "player's coach", and it can be a recipe for the type of inconsistency we see from him.

I think a head coach has to have a singularity of purpose and the ability to get that out of his players. I believe Rex may literally not be able to get out of his own way in that regard.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, as evident that, during a time when the NFLPA has negotiated a lower amount of allowed practices and practices with pads, he saw fit to blow off training camp practices a couple of times to take the players on a "field trip".

on the plus side... i think we got a good shot at a win this week?

These aren't the 2014 Jags. They are a more competitive team.

Shout out to Rex: remember what happened to the last AFC East coach whose team played poorly in London!