Here's a Wow Stat About Rex as a Head Coach

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rah rah factor is overblown.

Belichick wears an old hoodie and talks in monotone and doesn't have any facial expressions other than a sour smirk once in a while.

Players just want coaches to scheme them to success. That is literally all that matters.

You can be a jerk, a nice guy, whatever.

I hate to peek out while the pitch forks are being waved but

Are we not taking stats from the "bad jets"

Things have been pretty bad overall for the last few years with the jets am I right? And is there not several reasons for that in question?

Ok....carry on

Several reasons, one of them appearing to be Reeeeeeeeeeeeeex.

Several reasons, one of them appearing to be Reeeeeeeeeeeeeex.

We are 3-3

And while we are sucking at home we are in fact winning on the road

Look....I get why people are upset but can we wait to see what the team looks like when its top offensive threats are not injured?

And yes....there were issues going on with the jets for the last 2 years....the GM and Rex were butting heads and Rex was not getting the players he asked for.

Its just too early for this.

I will say one other thing another problem that this team has is they want to up and fire everybody when they dont get the immediate results they want.....over the years there have been SEVERAL conversations in Cinci that looked a lot like this.

Look where they are now. Health is a wonderful thing

I hate to peek out while the pitch forks are being waved but

Are we not taking stats from the "bad jets"

Things have been pretty bad overall for the last few years with the jets am I right? And is there not several reasons for that in question?

Ok....carry on

True, but apparently the "bad jets" sans Rex Ryan are no longer the "bad jets" so perhaps one of the most important of the several reasons is that they got rid of Ryan. He has taken a top 5 defense and completely mucked it up. That alone should be a signal that he is all hat and no cattle.

We are 3-3

Look....I get why people are upset but can we wait to see what the team looks like when its top offensive threats are not injured?

And yes....there were issues going on with the jets for the last 2 years....the GM and Rex were butting heads and Rex was not getting the players he asked for.

I will say one other thing another problem that this team has is they want to up and fire everybody when they dont get the immediate results they want.....over the years there have been SEVERAL conversations in Cinci that looked a lot like this.

Our offensive units are not the problem!

Rex has the most offensive talent he's probably ever had. He has playmakers. Even with injuries, the offense has been putting up points most of the time. His defense is the problem, and that's solely his problem.

Rex has the most offensive talent he's probably ever had. He has playmakers. Even with injuries, the offense has been putting up points most of the time. His defense is the problem, and that's solely his problem.

And its a little early to be calling for his head when Rex has historically had some pretty good defenses. Lets see if he gets it worked out.

Not like there is a choice anyway....he isnt going anywhere

We are 3-3

The injuries are not the be all and end all. As noted in the paper today, the Bills had receivers open, EJ just didn't get the ball to them. In any event, the Bills are 3-3 because they have beaten two patsies and one moderately good team that has not played all that well this year. Three games against decent teams have all been loses. I didn't like the Ryan selection from day 1 and nothing at all has happened that has changed my view that he is all bluster and no substance. IMO he is simply a lousy head coach.

And its a little early to be calling for his head when Rex has historically had some pretty good defenses. Lets see if he gets it worked out.

Not like there is a choice anyway....he isnt going anywhere

Just because we are stuck with him doesn't mean he can't be criticized. Loudly.

The defensive mastermind shouldn't need time to work it out when he was handed a #3 defense.

Here's to hoping he uses more 4 man rushes and turns them loose to do what they do best. They're much better in the 4-3 than the way he has them playing in the 3-4