Motivation For EJ

H2o

He seems like a different guy now that the Maroon Regime is gone, but I hope he sees things like this and it lights a fire for him. One that causes him to be even more focused and throw the flame to the Bengals on Sunday:

The Cincinnati Bengals defense may get a boost in Week 6 with Buffalo QB Tyrod Taylor (knee) a game-time decision.

Taylor sitting out would force E.J. Manuel into the starting role for Buffalo and make the Bengals D/ST a potential top-five Week 6 option in fantasy leagues. Manuel is the proud owner of a 58.6 completion percentage over his two year career and would likely struggle against the undefeated Bengals.

EJ stats 31 attempts, 18 completions, 301 yards 2 TD's 0 INT's. Sammy Watkins 7 catches for 101 yards and 2 TD's. Bills win 24-16.

4 catches for Woods for 78 yards, 2 catches for Percy for 39 yards, 2 to Shady for 15, 2 to Clay 48 and 1 20 yarder to 7/11.

His record throwing more than 30 times is 1-6.

That was the Marrone era

EJ's motivation is keeping his job and auditioning for future employment. also, his stock price. i think that's enough motivation

I think more so is to show the critics that he is a starting caliber NFL QB. Edited by the skycap

4 catches for Woods for 78 yards, 2 catches for Percy for 39 yards, 2 to Shady for 15, 2 to Clay 48 and 1 20 yarder to 7/11.

That was the Marrone era

I think more so is to show the critics that he is a starting caliber NFL QB.

He hasn't played since then...

And 4 of Orton's 7 mins were in games where he threw more than 30 times...

If motivation made good QB's, I would be a quarterback. EJ has had plenty of reasons to be motivated since arriving in Buffalo. Expect the same from EJ that you have seen in the past, and nothing more.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

If motivation made good QB's, I would be a quarterback. EJ has had plenty of reasons to be motivated since arriving in Buffalo. Expect the same from EJ that you have seen in the past, and nothing more.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

Profound.

Of course because NFL players never ever get better.

He looked like a different QB this preseason than his previous play for the bills. I am hopeful ots a combination of maturity, confidence, coaching and preparation that EJ is continuing to develop and progress.

He looked good in pre-season but not very good in training camp. Curious to see which EJ is the real one.

Another thing I liked about EJ in the preseason was the big plays that he made. He and Clay seemed to have a pretty good connection. Also, we all have seen EJ work the 2 minute drill with good results, even when Maroon was coaching.

Another thing I liked about EJ in the preseason was the big plays that he made. He and Clay seemed to have a pretty good connection. Also, we all have seen EJ work the 2 minute drill with good results, even when Maroon was coaching.

Honest question, how many times did this happen?

Honest question, how many times did this happen?

I can recall at least three games where EJ was clutch leading us down the field late in a half or at the end of a game for an important or game winning score during his time as starter. Just this preseason as well he came up with a clutch 4th down play to win a game. When he is able to just play the game he seems to do fairly well.

Reports are that he looked much better in the last two weeks of camp as well as in the preseason games.

I do believe those last 2 weeks of camp was when he was running mostly with the 2nd and 3rd team offense. It doesn't change the fact that he had solid showings but there is some context there to keep in mind. If EJ starts then we will see what he does with the opportunity. It would be nice if either he or Tyrod were good enough and developed into our long term answer at QB.

He probably doesn't look at fantasy projections. But I don't think he needs any extra motivation. He is likely well aware of the task at hand and perception of his game.

Exactly. If the money, fame and adoration a quality starting NFL QB recieves isn't motivation enough I don't think anything some dude puts on a website is going to help.

His record throwing more than 30 times is 1-6.

And TT's record throwing 30 times or more is 0-2.

That being said, if Shady plays, I doubt EJ or even TT throws 30 times or more.

Edited by Doc

EJ must know that pretty much no commentator on the NFL thinks he is anything more than a scrub. From the day he was drafted, many people were calling him a bust. At some level this has to grind him, and nothing would mean more to him than to show them wrong.

Doesn't mean he will be able to do it, but during the pre-season he did look more poised, more accurate, more aware in the pocket, more willing to take his shots, more able to bounce back from a bad play. Who knows whether that translates, but I hope he gets to start tomorrow, open some eyes, and help us win this game.

He hasn't played since then...

And 4 of Orton's 7 mins were in games where he threw more than 30 times...

Which means? There is no comparison. Marone was all about orton. Of course he gave him more rope. You know Orton knew his job was safe. No one was breathing down his neck. Also I highly doubt he got the dont mess up pep talk.

And to the Marone was the only coach he played for, the point has merit. It doesnt matter if he never played for anyone else. All it means is thats the only Eric James we know. We dont truly know what a person is, until we see them be consistent with CHANGING variables.

EJ stats 31 attempts, 18 completions, 301 yards 2 TD's 0 INT's. Sammy Watkins 7 catches for 101 yards and 2 TD's. Bills win 24-16.

That would be awesome. EJ would need to hit some seriously big plays to reach the 17+ yards / completion your calling for. I believe Dalton leads the league with around 14 yards / comp. for the season. Besides a big day for Sammy, probably need a deep ball to Goodwin, and Shady break free for a long run on a screen pass to hit those numbers.

One way or another it will take multifaceted attack with several of our playmakers coming through to beat Cinci.

Internet chat wisdom is repeating that bogus Einstein quote over and over and expecting to impress anyone.

He looked like a different QB this preseason than his previous play for the bills. I am hopeful ots a combination of maturity, confidence, coaching and preparation that EJ is continuing to develop and progress.

I would like to agree.

He looked good in pre-season but not very good in training camp. Curious to see which EJ is the real one.

no one really looked good in camp actually : (

Will be 2-6 on Sunday. :thumbsup:

Damn straight Brother

Go Bills !

Internet chat wisdom is repeating that bogus Einstein quote over and over and expecting to impress anyone.

I can understand how folks are down on EJM a bit.

If he starts and keeps us in the game or better i will be delighted for him.

Just want Bills to win, i dont care if Hogan is chucking the ball

He probably doesn't look at fantasy projections. But I don't think he needs any extra motivation. He is likely well aware of the task at hand and perception of his game.

I started EJ over Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford. EJ impressed the hell out of me this preseason. I think the light went on, and EJ is ready to throw downfield. Now is your chance EJ. Seize the moment!

I think EJ has plenty of motivation w/o all the drama over who is the #1 week to week. He has a good a attitude throughout his career. If he plays well then it is a good thing for the team.

Expecting him to play like garbage is kind of silly for fans wanting a playoff spot for the first time in a very long time.

Go Bills, run the damn ball, play smart and get a victory.

First play from scrimmage, EJ back to pass, Sammy split left running free down the field, pulls up with hammy. EJ is sacked and it goes from bad to worse the rest of the game.

your posts have also gone from bad to worse

Oh c'mon. He has maintained consistent posting quality over several seasons. Saw Firechan pull up a gem from him a while back where it was stated that Aaron Maybin would see the Pro Bowl before Marcel Dareus.