Aaron Williams to IR-DTR; Out for the Season

If we ird him and he got better he could ask release on injury settlement then retire. Dick move but possible.

I wish teams would look at situations like these. Renegotiate his contract. Put it to expire this year then a separate contract keeping him on as a coach/figure/etc w the team going forward. Maybe one day in a year or two he rejoi s the team somehow and this would allow him to retire, of sorts.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope for his sake, that he retires. I love his fire and was really developing into a leader. That being said, I love what Rambo brings to the table and would love to resign him Rambo and Graham are a solid pair of safties

I wonder if Jairus Byrd wants to come back.

NO would trade him for a bag of balls at this point.

I hope for his sake, that he retires. I love his fire and was really developing into a leader. That being said, I love what Rambo brings to the table and would love to resign him Rambo and Graham are a solid pair of safties

I worry about Rambos cover ability. Solid hitter, but good QB's can take advantage of his overly aggressive play.

+1. Williams played well. But health is more important than anything else. That is why it doesn't make sense for me to see Peyton Manning continue to throw the football. He has nothing to prove.

He's a good kid and a pretty solid safety.

Sometimes, guys have to move on to the next season of life before they're emotionally ready, and it sounds like that may be the case for Aaron.

Thankfully, he got his big payday, and he can take care of his family.

No shame in walking away if that's what needs to be done.

Aaron Williams still biding his time

Bills safety Aaron Williams is still biding his time on short term injured reserve. Coming off his neck injury he’s been cleared to practice for the past two weeks, but he has yet to cleared for contact. Williams has spent most of his team reps on the scout team getting the starters ready for their upcoming opponent. As for a timetable for his full return, there just doesn’t seem to be one at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
From what Whaley said, I hope it's not career-threatening but a competitive player like Aaron Williams doesn't talk about retirement unless he's really feeling something off with his body. Aaron said that his doctors told him he might not be able to play again so unless there was a big change in opinions, I'm very confused. He's my favorite player on the defense after Gilmore and would love to see him playing for us again, but I think they really need to consider bringing in at least a veteran safety that isn't too expensive just to have some depth in the event Aaron Williams really can't play again, because at the very least it seems there is a big risk of that occurring.

He should really consider retirement.

Not a doctor but that tackle that paralyzed him.........he would have made AT LEAST 100 more physical tackles than that in Rex D over the course of this year.

As discussed in that Joey Bosa leading with the helmet thread........AW is a prime example of how leading with the helmet has to end.

Players need helmets so they don't get kicked, kneed, elbowed or punched in their face/temple.........but the helmet is used as a weapon.

I love the violence of those hits but it's just gotta end.

Too bad, the because the guy probably had a 10 year career in the league if not for those diving, head first hits.

Not really looking forward to the era of a hundred hug tackles every game but it's coming.

Edited by #BADOL

I love Aaron Williams, but we cannot go into camp with him as the starter. Need to get a new starting safety.

better be very alert this possibility for sure JR !!

Not a doctor but that tackle that paralyzed him.........he would have made AT LEAST 100 more physical tackles than that in Rex D over the course of this year.

As discussed in that Joey Bosa leading with the helmet thread........AW is a prime example of how leading with the helmet has to end.

Players need helmets so they don't get kicked, kneed, elbowed or punched in their face/temple.........but the helmet is used as a weapon.

I love the violence of those hits but it's just gotta end.

Too bad, the because the guy probably had a 10 year career in the league if not for those diving, head first hits.

Not really looking forward to the era of a hundred hug tackles every game but it's coming.

he did not lead with the helmet. It was a picture perfect text book tackle. The injury occurred when he landed, as per Aaron.

Even though he was late getting over ( another painful communication error) he tackled with perfect form. Watch it again. No helmet hit.

ps edit

He wrapped him and pulled him down. I recall being all wtf why is he laying there?

sad day for sure.

and Badol i sure agree conceptually about the helmet leading tackles. and now the low tackles are coming.

Might as well put a riflery target on instead of a uniform so players can tackle safely and legally

Edited by 3rdand12

better be very alert this possibility for sure JR !!

he did not lead with the helmet. It was a picture perfect text book tackle. The injury occurred when he landed, as per Aaron.

Even though he was late getting over ( another painful communication error) he tackled with perfect form. Watch it again. No helmet hit.

ps edit

He wrapped him and pulled him down. I recall being all wtf why is he laying there?

sad day for sure.

and Badol i sure agree conceptually about the helmet leading tackles. and now the low tackles are coming.

Might as well put a riflery target on instead of a uniform so players can tackle safely and legally

He hurt his neck early in the 2014 season......on a tackle made leading with his head.

Looked like a concussion when it happened.

I was surprised he didn't go on IR that year.

He hurt his neck early in the 2014 season......on a tackle made leading with his head.

Looked like a concussion when it happened.

I was surprised he didn't go on IR that year.

Excellent point, and a fact.

i did not realize you were referencing that play.

I apologise bud !