Collinsworth

it is a pick 'em game since home team usually gets a 3 point advantage we could say that Cincy has 3 points in their favor.

Also I find that media people with the initials CC are usually against the Bills.

Let them pick against Buffalo. I feel better for it. I would rather they be wrong picking against the Bills than wrong when picking the Bills

Here are the Titans mounting "long drive after long drive"

41 yrds

17 yrds

52 yrds

18 yrds

8 yrds

0 yrds

1 yrd

39 yrds

72 yrds

17 yrds

0 yrds

Sometimes I wonder what games people are watching

They have some idea that a "great" D doesn't allow first downs or any points. That's all I can figure.

The Bengals are certainly playing good football right now, but I would hardly call this game a lock. Collingsworth is obviously very excited that his former team is playing so well so far this season, so I give him that, but the Bills are not pushovers and are perfectly capable of beating the Bengals if they play a complete game.

Bills play better as underdogs than top dogs. I wouldn't be shocked to see a top level performance next week.

I'm not sure that's been established. The only game they were a clear underdog was against NE and they were horrible for 3 quarters. Against the only two good teams they've faced so far they've shown a propensity to self destruct.

I'm not sure that's been established. The only game they were a clear underdog was against NE and they were horrible for 3 quarters. Against the only two good teams they've faced so far they've shown a propensity to self destruct.

Yeah, sure. But those were both home games.

Next week they play the Bengals at...

Oh shoot!

Kidding aside, I think most of the team got the message from Rex. The "Yes Sir!" wristbands were a nice touch.

The Bengals are certainly playing good football right now, but I would hardly call this game a lock. Collingsworth is obviously very excited that his former team is playing so well so far this season, so I give him that, but the Bills are not pushovers and are perfectly capable of beating the Bengals if they play a complete game.

A few things on the Bengals, who certainly deserve to be 5-0

They haven't beaten a team yet who is currently over .500

They allowed 169 rushing yards to Thomas Rawls. And the Seattle OL has been trash

They will not be playing a CB like Cary Williams this week

Jeremy Hill has been terrible

AJ Green is constantly criticized for not being a physical WR and always has some kind of injury. He is very talented but can be taken out of the game with physical press coverage

I have been watching this team for a long time. Dalton is capable of a melt down at any point and he isn't a strong leader.

There are a lot of positives for them too - obviously. Most of all they have been injury free thus far, Eifert has taken off at TE and their OL has been fantastic.

Edited by YoloinOhio

We really need Karlos back more than anyone else. If Watkins is back as well, it will give Cinci all sorts of things to think about.

And by the way, someone needs to tell Henderson to start playing football.

We have to stop playing one half of a football game (two weeks in a row). Coaches need to make adjustments, as needed, early.

The Bills have shown nothing this season to make any objective person believe they can beat a good, complete, well-coached team like Cincy.

A one point win against last years's second worst team doesn't do much to inspire confidence.

They also had a decisive win against last year's second best AFC team. Every game is different.

And what they've shown that makes one believe they can beat a good team (maybe well-coached, definitely not complete), is their defense is tireless, and only getting better. Yesterday, they were on the field for something like 75% of the first half, yet only allowed one short-field TD. They were missing their top 2 rbs and top wr, and will likely have two of them back. Also, it's telling they cut down on the penalties, particularly the stupid, unsportsmanlike penalties.

They also had a decisive win against last year's second best AFC team. Every game is different.

And what they've shown that makes one believe they can beat a good team (maybe well-coached, definitely not complete), is their defense is tireless, and only getting better. Yesterday, they were on the field for something like 75% of the first half, yet only allowed one short-field TD. They were missing their top 2 rbs and top wr, and will likely have two of them back. Also, it's telling they cut down on the penalties, particularly the stupid, unsportsmanlike penalties.

All good, and pointing in the right direction.

Remember, the Offense especially hasn't played together much at all - and that started in the preseason. They need a lot of reps with the regulars in position. Roman's Offense is complex and I noticed yesterday there was a lot less shifting before the snap versus what they had been doing when they had their real play makers available.

Not too many teams go into a game with their third string RB and backups that they pulled up from the PS or signed off the street that week.

I actually like Collinsworth but on any given Sunday... No game is a lock. That's just media talk.

I'm not convinced we've seen the best of the Rex/Roman/Taylor Bills just yet. I think/hope they're still forming their identity both on offense and D.

And I'm hoping the Cincy game turns out to be a milestone in their evolution.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I actually like Collinsworth but on any given Sunday... No game is a lock. That's just media talk.

I'm not convinced we've seen the best of the Rex/Roman/Taylor Bills just yet. I think/hope they're still forming their identity both on offense and D.

And I'm hoping the Cincy game turns out to be a milestone in their evolution.

It was the way he said it. i do like Collinsworth at times. He does display a level of arrogance sometimes that rubs me the wrong way.

They allowed 169 rushing yards to Thomas Rawls. And the Seattle OL has been trash

AJ Green is constantly criticized for not being a physical WR and always has some kind of injury. He is very talented but can be taken out of the game with physical press coverage

I have been watching this team for a long time. Dalton is capable of a melt down at any point and he isn't a strong leader.

There are a lot of positives for them too - obviously. Most of all they have been injury free thus far, Eifert has taken off at TE and their OL has been fantastic.

Whadda you know? Like you live there or something ?? :pirate:

Any given sunday - yes the bengals look good and they've beaten a few teams that are in the similar middle of the road spot as buffalo. Would i pick them over denver or new england in the playoffs? Absolutely not.

This game will come down to the trenches, if we can put some pressure on we should be in good shape. We'll also need to get the run game moving so we can buy TT some time in the passing game.

I like our chances, but wouldn't be surprised if we lost.

Thanks for the insight, Yolo. They are off to a hot start, and since most of us have not seen much of them, the inevitable hype of the national media is what we see and hear. There are no doubt some chinks in the armor and it will be up to the Bills' coaches to figure that out. Chief among these would have to be that Dalton did not turn into Rogers or Brady overnight. He is what he is and at some point he will come back to level.

I think the Bills defense will do its part, but the offense is going to have to be much better to win. It should be a good and close game.

The stats aren't all that different going into today's game. I forget which article talked about that, but it's lurking around here. This is a different scheme, but if you watched the game today and came away thinking they played like crap, you gotta watch it again.

Beat play after play -- yet they held the Titans to under 300 yards, under 200 passing and under 100 running? I think you're reaching.

The expectations here are unbelievable with the defense.

They were lights out on the road with no offensive help. It's more than anyone should ask for, but the lack of highlights to celebrate seems to totally ruin the perception.

The Bills will no doubt be underdogs. Possibly 6 or 7 points. They can beat them, but they will need Watkins and to play their best game of the year in all 3 phases.

The FiveThirtyEight ELO spread is Bills +1. Gambling line will undoubtedly be higher to get people to bet the Bills.