Hughe$$$$$ fined big money.

FireChan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jerry is the kind of player who helps you lose games.

dude has more personal fouls than sacks.

his once a year highlight film tomahawk chop strip sack fumble doesn't make up for all the other times he is physically ineffective or mentally weak.

biggest waste of $11 mil cap hit going forward.

jerry is the kind of player who helps you lose games.

dude has more personal fouls than sacks.

his once a year highlight film tomahawk chop strip sack fumble doesn't make up for all the other times he is physically ineffective or mentally weak.

biggest waste of $11 mil cap hit going forward.

when is he physically ineffective?

Those ref deserved the abusive language. !@#$ them, cost us 4 TDs, 2 bull **** calls prevented 2 of our scores, 2 missed called gave them 2 scores. I'd tell him to !@#$ off too.

same here. When do we find out how much the refs got fined for missing the OBJ punch and calling back 2TD's on phantom penalties.

horse collar got 17k+ and TD celebration got close to 8k. Fining for TD celebrations is so stupid.

exactly. The guy who used the football as a prob got the exact same fine as OBJ did for punching someone. Totally absurd. I want to know when the refs will be fined for calls that they miss or wrongly call (chop block).

yep I get the ones for safety purposes but come on with the TD celebrations... Those are not hurting anyone

While I agree with you, I can also see how TD celebrations can lead to retaliation from the opposing team. It could come in the form of unsportsman like for jawing off, enter Jerry Hughes, or even taking cheap shots, hello OBJ. Not that all unsportsman like penalties are caused from retaliation, just a possibility. But, like I said, I agree with you and think the celebrations add to the excitement. It is entertainment for the fans and it's a bummer that these rules had to be put in place to govern the players actions. Had it never been an issue before, I don't think there would be the need for the rule. The highly celebrated TD's are usually due to a game impacting score, have reason for celebration, and are part of the game, IMO. To get a personal foul because of that celebration is losing composure because the celebration isn't directed at anyone specifically, while the penalty would be. Again this is all just my opinion.

This tells you all you need to know about the league's priorities: hitting a guy in the head, which could have tremendous negative results is 1/3 the "price" of cursing out an official. The suits in NYC are plain nuts.

headbuttING, punching someone in the head, and using a football as a pillow in a celebration (fine from one of the other games) add up to about the same amount as using abusive language to an official? Yup, that sounds like its even

So how much did the refs get fined for the turd they laid on the field all day calling the game (and maintaining the integrity of it)?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

Rough week for #Bills DE Jerry Hughes: Fined $8,681 for unnecessary roughness (headbutt). Later, fined $23,152 for abusive language to a ref

So the NFL's so conscious of head injuries now that the fine for a head butt is slightly more than one third of the fine for hurting a ref's feelings?

!@#$ing idiots.

So the NFL's so conscious of head injuries now that the fine for a head butt is slightly more than one third of the fine for hurting a ref's feelings?

!@#$ing idiots.

I guess they figure the refs are head-injured enough.

This is a good thing. Hit him where it hurts. The team can't fine him, and I sure as heck don't want him benched. He needs to reign it in as a repeat offender.

Why not?

45,000,000-13,500,000(taxes)-4,500,000(agent)= 27,000,000+ the possibility of getting cut before the whole contract pays out.

32,000 taken out of his pocket is absolutely a lot of money.

NFL agents make 3% commission

I can only guess they include taxes into the fine.

I do have to say it's sad when a guy gets fined $23,152 for verbal abuse while ODB gets fined 8k for cold cocking a player.

It's just a baseline negotiation from the CBA with annual escalators (something like 21k even to start but escalates 2-3% annually)

Why not?

CBA issue, I do believe. I'm 99% sure I've read articles on it, but not searching.

It's just a baseline negotiation from the CBA with annual escalators (something like 21k even to start but escalates 2-3% annually)

CBA issue, I do believe. I'm 99% sure I've read articles on it, but not searching.

Yep. The CBA outlines what the teams and the league can and cannot fine players for.

I have the CBA at home, but I'm away from that computer. It's easily found and downloaded, though, and spells this all out in detail.

He sang "three blind mice" to them?

Called them "amateurs."

We talked about this in another thread.

(xv) Conduct detrimental to Club—maximum fine of an amount equal to one week’s salary and/or suspension without pay for a period not to exceed four (4) weeks.

Edited by Mr. WEO

We talked about this in another thread.

(xv) Conduct detrimental to Clubmaximum fine of an amount equal to one weeks salary and/or suspension without pay for a period not to exceed four (4) weeks.

Right, and I stand by that your interpretation is incorrect. Just like a team can't fine for lousy play even if it is "detrimental to the club"

Edited by NoSaint