Hughe$$$$$ fined big money.

FireChan

I play golf with a guy who is one of the nicest of at my club. However, once he puts his ball on the tee on #1 he turns into the biggest dick. He curses, tells people to be quiet, tells people that are literally 30 yards away to stay still. Its ridiculous. Once the pin on goes in on 18 and he walks off the green, he talks about life, family, laughs, is concerned about others etc...

Jerry Hughes is my golf partner. On the field he is a big dick and off the field a great guy. These guys cant control their emotions. The game takes over and they cant control themselves.

BTW, did I mention that I dont play with this jackass anymore and no one from the club wants to as well.

Moral of the story...Hughes dont be a dick on the field and play the goddamn game with respect for your coaches, teammates and fans.

Edited by fredex22

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense taken.

: )

you surely know better than to take offense with my funnin'

I've been wondering how long the raucous crowd at RWS is going to watch these horrible calls before some idiot runs onto the field and attacks a ref.

Now, I would never condone such behavior, but for all our readers out there; I'm sure if the call was bad enough, Buffalo fans would crowd-fund any legal fees and court fines. Just sayin... 0:)

:devil:

How much would this entail? i think i can source a kick start for someone...maybe.

But i would need some details, and obligation of contract signature from the party of note.

He's kind of like Dez Bryant. Very passionate on the field but tough to corral. Needs strong leadership to channel that emotion and energy in the right place. Will he get it? He didn't last year. Marrone tried but then failed when he said he didn't even know he got benched. Kyle? Dennis Thurman? Karl Dunbar? Rex? Mario (his best friend)? It appears he needs a mentor.

: )

you surely know better than to take offense with my funnin'

How much would this entail? i think i can source a kick start for someone...maybe.

But i would need some details, and obligation of contract signature from the party of note.

No idea, Im no lawyer. But I have to imagine if the call was truly bad enough, and we've already seen some doozies, that most of Buffalo would throw in. Plus our transplants around the country. Heck, Im pretty certain the Bills Backers Atlanta chapter could raise $10k by themselves.

Edited by DrDareustein

Hmm so $8k for roughness, $23k for language, but OBJ was throwing punches all game and other lyrics got $9k. That seems fair. F*ck the NFL

Was kind of where I was going with my post earlier. At this rate someone is going to get blindsided and knocked out of the game for 5-10k and live with it if it means a win.

Was kind of where I was going with my post earlier. At this rate someone is going to get blindsided and knocked out of the game for 5-10k and live with it if it means a win.

horse collar got 17k+ and TD celebration got close to 8k. Fining for TD celebrations is so stupid.

There have been multiple games the past few years where Hughes has spent an inordinate amount of time jawing with officials. During the Patriots game earlier this year he was yelling at the side judge for much of the game. He needs to find a new hobby because it's not productive and only makes it more likely that calls go against him.

horse collar got 17k+ and TD celebration got close to 8k. Fining for TD celebrations is so stupid.

See a horse collar I get. That could do some good damage to someone even if it is accidental. Celebrations and running your mouth should be par for the course and a set fine of 2k.

Again, it's sad a personal foul like throwing a punch at a player(and landing it with no call) is significantly less than someone swearing at an official. I wish I got a dime for every time I was sworn at working in customer services.

Edited by The Wiz

See a horse collar I get. That could do some good damage to someone even if it is accidental. Celebrations and running your mouth should be par for the course and a set fine of 2k.

yep I get the ones for safety purposes but come on with the TD celebrations... Those are not hurting anyone Edited by YoloinOhio

There have been multiple games the past few years where Hughes has spent an inordinate amount of time jawing with officials. During the Patriots game earlier this year he was yelling at the side judge for much of the game. He needs to find a new hobby because it's not productive and only makes it more likely that calls go against him.

This. Not only will calls more likely go against him, they will be less apt to call penalties on offensive players for holding him, etc. He get NO benefit of the doubt. And it's all his fault.

GO BILLS!!!

This. Not only will calls more likely go against him, they will be less apt to call penalties on offensive players for holding him, etc. He get NO benefit of the doubt. And it's all his fault.

GO BILLS!!!

i completely agree that he is accountable for his actions. But the refs should still call holding when it occurs, regardless of whether they don't like Jerry's words or if he's been fined in the past. I get that they don't do what they should do, but they aren't justified to not do their jobs just because he's jawed at refs, etc.

IMO if they don't call holding when it occurs, they should be held accountable as well.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i completely agree that he is accountable for his actions. But the refs should still call holding when it occurs, regardless of whether they don't like Jerry's words or if he's been fined in the past. I get that they don't do what they should do, but they aren't justified to not do their jobs just because he's jawed at refs, etc.

IMO if they don't call holding when it occurs, they should be held accountable as well.

I agree with the spirit of everything you wrote here. But human nature is what it is and "professionalism" is often tossed as a result. If you've warned a player previously to tone it down or be flagged and that player continues to ratchet up the confrontation that results in a penalty, are you gonna be more or less apt to call a holding penalty against that player's opponent on the next play or two in the series?

Who knows what's happening on a subconscious level in that scenario. But Hughes just isn't doing anyone any favors with his childish behavior. It's ridiculous.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with the spirit of everything you wrote here. But human nature is what it is and "professionalism" is often tossed as a result. If you've warned a player previously to tone it down or be flagged and that player continues to ratchet up the confrontation that results in a penalty, are you gonna be more or less apt to call a holding penalty against that player's opponent on the next play or two in the series?

Who knows what's happening on a subconscious level in that scenario. But Hughes just isn't doing anyone any favors with his childish behavior. It's ridiculous.

GO BILLS!!!

yeah it sucks. Actually I think Schwartz and Rex both mentioned it at times that he needs to fix it. But, I don't know what it will take.

yeah it sucks. Actually I think Schwartz and Rex both mentioned it at times that he needs to fix it. But, I don't know what it will take.

Gotta put him on the inactive list for a game. Make it hurt to watch his teammates on the field without him. Tough love, but nothing else seems to have worked to this point and it's now three seasons of his immaturity.

GO BILLS!!!

Gotta put him on the inactive list for a game. Make it hurt to watch his teammates on the field without him. Tough love, but nothing else seems to have worked to this point and it's now three seasons of his immaturity.

GO BILLS!!!

but would they have the stones to do it? He's a very good player and we don't have depth at that position.

but would they have the stones to do it? He's a very good player and we don't have depth at that position.

Probably not. But this transcends the player, regardless how good he is and how poor the depth is. Stones or not, it's the right move, imo. He's a very good player when he's a very good player. Not when he's incurring bone-headed penalties and putting his team at risk because they can't trust him to keep his cool under fire.

GO BILLS!!!

I guarantee it's not about Jerry telling refs they missed a call. Refs hear that all day long and it doesn't come close to unsportsmanlike conduct. Letting the expletives fly after being told to shut up is a whole different matter and the problem goes back a couple years now. Hughes is simply unable to control himself 100% of the time and you never know when one of his tantrums is gonna hurt you at a critical time. Enough is enough and he has to stop.

It's not about over-sensitive refs at all.

GO BILLS!!!

an average sack loses about 8 yards or so for the offense. Each of Jerry's personal fouls are obviously 15 yards lost for us. We know Jerry gets 10 sacks/year... Him and Aaron Williams are killing us. When you are playing football keeping quiet and letting those emotions come out as fast, strong & legal football moves is the best revenge. Why talk to the refs like that? He knows darn well that he made the penalty's. I wish Jerry and Aaron both can bottle that stuff up and use that energy to put themselves in position to make a play. SMH, this team is too expensive to keep intact much beyond this year and every 15 yarder is a shovel on the grave for playoff hopes.

an average sack loses about 8 yards or so for the offense. Each of Jerry's personal fouls are obviously 15 yards lost for us. We know Jerry gets 10 sacks/year... Him and Aaron Williams are killing us. When you are playing football keeping quiet and letting those emotions come out as fast, strong & legal football moves is the best revenge. Why talk to the refs like that? He knows darn well that he made the penalty's. I wish Jerry and Aaron both can bottle that stuff up and use that energy to put themselves in position to make a play. SMH, this team is too expensive to keep intact much beyond this year and every 15 yarder is a shovel on the grave for playoff hopes.

There is a lot to your idea about wasting all that emotional energy on other things than playing football. Getting pissed off saps energy that should otherwise be focused on the game. There's a difference between playing with an edge and playing angry. One suggests a more focused purpose, the other suggests being out of control. Poise is everything on the football field.

GO BILLS!!!