Hughe$$$$$ fined big money.

FireChan

Sit his immature ass down. I doubt the fine will even register with him.

GO BILLS!!!

he was fined for abusive language last November too - then got benched in December in Denver where they ended up losing a close game. The benching didn't work either. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how come up with those numbers. $23,152 and $8,681??

I can only guess they include taxes into the fine.

I do have to say it's sad when a guy gets fined $23,152 for verbal abuse while ODB gets fined 8k for cold cocking a player.

Edited by The Wiz

I'm telling you Hughes has a mental illness. He's a psychopath. He has no ability to control himself. He reminds me of Tyson.

Is he this way in every day life or just when playing football?

Edited by nucci

he was fined for abusive language last November too - then got benched in December in Denver where they ended up losing a close game. The benching didn't work either.

He might as well be wearing a bullseye on his uniform because I guarantee the refs know exactly who he is and will give him absolutely NO benefit of the doubt. Ever. Which is why we've seen him being mugged by OTs with no holding calls.

Nobody wants to see him out of the lineup, but when he is not making an impact defensively, he is a liability on the field. Instead of a portion of a game, we need to tell him not to dress for a week. Don't even let him make the trip. Draconian perhaps, but nothing up to this point is getting through to him. And I don't think this fine will, either.

GO BILLS!!!

This is ridiculous to fine players for swearing. It's a 10 billion dollar league with so much fan base and they throw 15 year flags for it? Seems silly to me.

He can swear all he wants, but he can't direct it at game officials. Period. I don't know in what league in what sport verbally abusing game officials is tolerated. And it's not like refs don't let it slide the first time or two, either. They issue warnings and plainly tell the player next time he's getting flagged. Too bad Jerry is too dense to understand that.

GO BILLS!!!

Those ref deserved the abusive language. !@#$ them, cost us 4 TDs, 2 bull **** calls prevented 2 of our scores, 2 missed called gave them 2 scores. I'd tell him to !@#$ off too.

Your'e outta here uticaclub!

Hit The showers!!

you are done for today Son.

: )

He can swear all he wants, but he can't direct it at game officials. Period. I don't know in what league in what sport verbally abusing game officials is tolerated. And it's not like refs don't let it slide the first time or two, either. They issue warnings and plainly tell the player next time he's getting flagged. Too bad Jerry is too dense to understand that.

GO BILLS!!!

You must not watch hockey. Players jaw the refs nonstop.

Edited by The Wiz

You must not watch hockey. Players jaw the refs nonstop.

To a point, yes. But if it persists past a warning, they will get a misconduct penalty. There's a line between jawing and verbal abuse. It is not tolerated to any great lengths.

GO BILLS!!!

To a point, yes. But if it persists past a warning, they will get a misconduct penalty. There's a line between jawing and verbal abuse. It is not tolerated to any great lengths.

GO BILLS!!!

I guess it depends on the definition of verbal abuse. If Hughes is going off every time they throw a flag saying "it was a bad call" I don't see where the fine comes in. That's not abuse. If he's telling the ref to F himself and tell his wife he said hi every time a flag is thrown then I understand.

I don't think I've ever seen a penalty in hockey for verbal abuse to the refs.

Edited by The Wiz

Hopefully that money goes towards finding refs who aren't imcompetent.

LOL! They're actually saying that throwing punches is "playing physical"?

iMcompetent ? Doc?

My buddy at work has a couple sayings thats have cracked me up. before you read this , please dont take any offense..

signature criticism he uses to commend management at the company we work for

" A dead third grader could run this company better than that Idiot ++++++ !! "

I sometimes have thought that during some of Bills games. about the refs.

not sure why this stuff is so hard. Get high speed reviews from the cameras upstairs down to the zebras in. at least another view might help.

Its time to let the digital world become of the Officiated Game. Or would that be an intrusion of privacy?

The game is so damned fast today. I think they just guess sometimes, very seriously.

; )

I guess it depends on the definition of verbal abuse. If Hughes is going off every time they throw a flag saying "it was a bad call" I don't see where the fine comes in. That's not abuse. If he's telling the ref to F himself and tell his wife he said hi every time a flag is thrown then I understand.

I guarantee it's not about Jerry telling refs they missed a call. Refs hear that all day long and it doesn't come close to unsportsmanlike conduct. Letting the expletives fly after being told to shut up is a whole different matter and the problem goes back a couple years now. Hughes is simply unable to control himself 100% of the time and you never know when one of his tantrums is gonna hurt you at a critical time. Enough is enough and he has to stop.

It's not about over-sensitive refs at all.

GO BILLS!!!

I get the feeling they warn him once.

He has a history. And its not productive. Talking to the refs is one thing. Notice Mario never gets called for anything. ever?

They love him. he is always joking and laughing even when he know he was screwed. method Jerry! Method

iMcompetent ? Doc?

My buddy at work has a couple sayings thats have cracked me up. before you read this , please dont take any offense..

signature criticism he uses to commend management at the company we work for

" A dead third grader could run this company better than that Idiot ++++++ !! "

I sometimes have thought that during some of Bills games. about the refs.

not sure why this stuff is so hard. Get high speed reviews from the cameras upstairs down to the zebras in. at least another view might help.

Its time to let the digital world become of the Officiated Game. Or would that be an intrusion of privacy?

The game is so damned fast today. I think they just guess sometimes, very seriously.

; )

No offense taken.

One of these days, the NFL is going to fine me A LOT of money for this if they ever catch me screaming at the refs.

I've been wondering how long the raucous crowd at RWS is going to watch these horrible calls before some idiot runs onto the field and attacks a ref.

Now, I would never condone such behavior, but for all our readers out there; I'm sure if the call was bad enough, Buffalo fans would crowd-fund any legal fees and court fines. Just sayin... 0:)

:devil: