Pats Fan Nervous to come to the Ralph

JP's Voice

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a big part of it but a lot of that too is that people come from so far away for Bills games. If you think about how many people come from Canada or Rochester (and east) it is quite a few. It is not easy for those people. They have to miss AT LEAST a half day on game day (during the week) and they aren't in their beds until maybe 2 or so.

yea - if you arent within a really close radius of the stadium, regular MNF games are not convenient at all.

Back to the original post. Living in New England, I have been to Gillette a couple of times for Bills games and have not been mistreated either time while wearing Bills sweatshirts. It may have to do with the fact that we hadn't beaten them, but no one bothered me. I even met a few Bills fans along the way.

I haven't been to a home game in many years (1999), but the last time I went was with my high school aged daughter. I bought cheap seats in the upper deck and was surrounded by a bunch of drunk Canadians that wanted to talk about hockey. You are right that traveling to games is expensive and when the Bills lost to the Giants in the closing minutes, it made it seem even worse. If thins have gotten better in the intervening years, I might take another trip. For now, I'll just watch the games on DTV.

I haven't been to a home game in many years (1999), but the last time I went was with my high school aged daughter. I bought cheap seats in the upper deck and was surrounded by a bunch of drunk Canadians that wanted to talk about hockey.

I remember what that was like. On the plus side, most of those people haven't come to the games since Flutie left.

Just heard the guys on WGR talking about someone from NE asking if they would be in danger coming to the game Sunday. I'm all for a rowdy atmosphere and as a season ticket holder, I love the effect we can have on the game. But it's unfortunate that this fan probably IS in danger coming to the game wearing patriots gear. Most fans will not be idiots, but there are still a lot who will cause problems. Thoughts?

From what I have seen in the past Patriot fans don't know how to NOT be idiots. They can't sit and cheer for their team they cause more trouble in the stands than any other fans I have ever seen. I say shout them down and kick their asses if they don't respect OUR HOUSE...

Frankly, Im glad Pats fans are nervous and scared about coming into OUR house. We've had too many Pats fans coming in and strutting around for way too long. The Gronkowski family sits in the box right behind my seats and it makes me sick to see all the Pats jerseys in there being worn by a group of Buffalonians. The amount of Pats fans infiltrating our gates has been growing every year, and it's time we flush them out with the rest of the turds.

This. I went to games in the late '70s, '80s and '90s against that team. First game I ever attended, in fact, Stanley Morgan caught two TDs from Steve Grogan and we got whipped. Their fans? They were fine. It was never a big deal. There were barely any of them to begin with. But in the last 15 years, that all changed. Time for them to find a new place to go.

Have worn Bills gear at the old Meadowlands (Jets), Arrowhead, Texas Stadium and FedEx Field. Rarely had a problem. There was that time though at the Meadowlands when Kelly hit Thurman to win the game with about 11 seconds left and I turned around and raised my arms to the crowd in triumph. 46-year-old me doesn't understand 21-year-old me sometimes.

If they don't want any problems, offer Bills fans shots in the lot. When I lived in the SF Bay area, we had Pinto Ken with us. We were doing bowling ball shots and they looked at us and said "WTF? Ken offered them shots and we got along fine.

That's fine. After all, Ralph did float that franchise a loan to keep it afloat. It happened before 2002 though, so Pats fans have no idea it happened.

what was the loan exactly? maybe my mind is fuzzy, i know he bailed out the chiefs or the raiders specifically, but was it all of the afl?

what was the loan exactly? maybe my mind is fuzzy, i know he bailed out the chiefs or the raiders specifically, but was it all of the afl?

"He was a guiding force in AFL policies that ensured success, such as gate and television revenue sharing. As one of only three AFL owners to be on relatively solid financial ground (along with Hunt and Bud Adams), Wilson lent the financially troubled Oakland Raiders $400,000 and was also willing to lend money to Billy Sullivan of the New England Patriots. Wilson helped keep those franchises afloat, likely saving the entire league from folding (the AFL was unique among professional football leagues in that not a single AFL franchise folded in its history)."

I was proud to be a Bills fan a couple of years back when I saw a Patriots fan and his son sitting a few rows down from me and a Bills fan near by politely warned him that they would be yelling and cursing a lot in front of his son. Thought it was a friendly gesture to let him know instead of just going up to his face and being a jerk. This was a few rows up in the endzone under the jumbotron. I haven't been to enough games to know if that's supposed to be a friendlier or typically more hostile area.

There is no reason for a Pats* "fan" to be nervous unless they behave like an obnoxious m!@#$. In that case, they should stay home.

I would agree if it was any other team. The hatred of the Cheats* is running very deep. There were a few Indy fans near us last week. Outside of good natured kidding nothing happened to them.