Bills are relevant again

PromoTheRobot

Have you noticed how much national attention the Bills are getting? ESPN, PTI, Around The Horn, Mike & Mike, First Take? Rex's midweek pressers on live TV? SportsCenter @ RWS? This Sunday's game is being treated like the game of the early season. It's Rex. It's Tyrod. It's the defense. How great is this?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you noticed how much national attention the Bills are getting? ESPN, PTI, Around The Horn, Mike & Mike, First Take? Rex's midweek pressers on live TV? SportsCenter @ RWS? This Sunday's game is being treated like the game of the early season. It's Rex. It's Tyrod. It's the defense. How great is this?

Pretty great! This has been the best six months of football in my entire adult life, and I'm 33.

Just like in 2002 when they started 5-3... no wait, I mean 2003 after they pounded the Patriots 31-0 on opening day and made the cover of SI. No... actually, this is more like 2005 in JP Losman's first career start he beat the favored Texans 22-7. Nah... this is just like 2008 when Trent Edwards (they finally found a QB!) led them to a 5-1 start out of the gate. Or is this more like 2001 when Fitz led us to a 5-1 start?

the Bills are relevant every time they win a couple of games to start the year. we were on the cover of SI a couple of years ago when we beat the Pats. we were #1 in the power rankings when we started 4-0 with Trent Checkdown. the key is going to be are we relevant in January

Just like in 2002 when they started 5-3... no wait, I mean 2003 after they pounded the Patriots 31-0 on opening day and made the cover of SI. No... actually, this is more like 2005 in JP Losman's first career start he beat the favored Texans 22-7. Nah... this is just like 2008 when Trent Edwards (they finally found a QB!) led them to a 5-1 start out of the gate. Or is this more like 2001 when Fitz led us to a 5-1 start?

Yeah, dude. It's exactly like then. Except for the owner, the coaches, the players, and the uniforms, it's exactly the same.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Thanks Debbie Downer.

One thing much different now than in the 90's was didn't have hardly any internet aorund. And no message boards like this! there will be many people here very upset if we have a very successful season as will be very difficult to rip the Bill's then. What wil lthey do?

feels good again....I remember how fun the 90s were.

I was pretty loud in my living room on Sunday, then went back to cowering :D

I say this with love not scorn, Dorkington. But if you spend too much time living in the past and being afraid that the worm will turn (even though with this franchise's history you have every right to live in fear of the other shoe dropping) you're going to miss out on the fun going on in the now.

Live in the now. It's way more fun. Especially when this team is as loaded as it is. :beer:

Edited by GreggyT

Yeah, dude. It's exactly like then. Except for the owner, the coaches, the players, and the uniforms, it's exactly the same.

Exactly right. What's the point of that kind of pessimism?

If everything stays the same, might as well not bother watching the games.

The wheel turns for everyone. Those who seem to enjoy putting a black cloud over everyone's sunshine aren't realists, they're . . . not very nice people.