Bills Release Bryce Brown

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thigpen can be used in the backfield if needed as well. Are folks really now upset that the guy they thought was kept over Freddy wasn't really all that much in the equation? Or are they upset that they thought Whaley wouldn't admit the trade for Brown didn't pan out?

Whaley is friggin' awesome. He has shown once again that his ego will not get in the way of trying to make the Bills better -- and in this case, "better" meant keeping another player on the 53 over a guy he liked and traded for but had clearly not seized his opportunity.

Perfectly stated! Thank you.

They could have just cut Andre Fluellen and held onto to BB? Ok. In Doug I trust.

Yeah, it's a bit surprising in light of how "shady" Shady was in the opener. Not sure why the 5th DT is more valuable than the 4th RB, especially since Boobie and Karlos are different types of runners than McCoy ...

the gap between a 4th and a 5th is really hanging you up?

At best it's a 5th, but realistically it should have been 6th or 7th. . Bills traded effectively a 6th for a QB who could have been a starter. I think Whaley panicked when he couldn't swing a deal to draft Hyde.

Edited by GG

Yeah, it's a bit surprising in light of how "shady" Shady was in the opener. Not sure why the 5th DT is more valuable than the 4th RB, especially since Boobie and Karlos are different types of runners than McCoy ...

except fluellen is a vested vet - so hed be full years salary for one game instead of BB costing us like 50k against the cap.

and its not like shady is being benched so who cares how he looked week 1 in that decision.

While I have no problem do this....I do have to ask.....what exactly does Fluellen bring to this team where we keep picking him up and dropping him off.

If I had to guess......Brown wasn't too pleased with not being on the active roster and probably asked for his release.

If Cierre Wood ends up starting for this team in November that won't do much for Whaley's approval rating.

When you wanna' run the ball 35-40 times per game you need some RB's.

That would only be if Cierre Wood didnt come in and perform well....if he did then Whaley's approval right might even go up since he brought him in as well.

I thought Wood looked ok in pre season......

While I have no problem do this....I do have to ask.....what exactly does Fluellen bring to this team where we keep picking him up and dropping him off.

i think hes ours now.... which is odd, if he wasnt dressed even with MD out. but as a vet, i think we are keeping him for the duration at this point (barring odd circumstances arriving)

This is totally disrespectful to Freddy. They should've done it the same day or right before.

How would it be better? Fred gets cut either way. In fact it would be worse to cut him now.

Not at all. We have lots of players who can carry the ball, even at positions you wouldn't expect.

1. Shady

2. Williams

3. Dixon

4/5. Clay

4/5. Felton

6. Harvin

i think hes ours now.... which is odd, if he wasnt dressed even with MD out. but as a vet, i think we are keeping him for the duration at this point (barring odd circumstances arriving)

Being a vested vet, I found it an odd signing. But maybe he is versatile?

Clay aint poundin the rock

MarQueis might though!