Bills Release Bryce Brown

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I get the "Whaley got fleeced" crowd either. Didn't we only give up a fourth rounder?

Some 4th rounders turn into all-pros, and some into also-rans. It's a crap shoot. Not a huge price to pay for what looked like a promising (and cheap) young RB. Didn't work out, oh well. Funny how worked up folks were over Whaley holding onto "his guy" though.

All GM's make mistakes.

Especially when they are willing to make moves. How do you want it Whaley bashers? Gutless and timid like Darcy Regier was. Waiting ad nauseum for the perfect trade or someone with some sack who swings for the fences but strikes out from time to time. I'll take the latter. Did I spell latter right?

Some 4th rounders turn into all-pros, and some into also-rans. It's a crap shoot. Not a huge price to pay for what looked like a promising (and cheap) young RB. Didn't work out, oh well. Funny how worked up folks were over Whaley holding onto "his guy" though.

and id point out very few turn into all pros. in fact more are off the team that drafted them in a year, than making the probowl at any point in their career if i had to guess.

It's a positive sign

DW saying I made a mistake and we have moved on from it.

Nothing wrong with admitting you were wrong.

Karlos is the back up and Dixon is a better third option.

Get a guy who can help on ST, plus we need better LB/DB depth. Replace the roster spot correctly.

I'm not sure I get the "Whaley got fleeced" crowd either. Didn't we only give up a fourth rounder?

We also received a 4th for Lynch. Seahawks traded Christine for duct tape and he had more "potential" than Brown. Yes, it was only a 4th, but RBs with Brown's production should cost no more than a 5th.

Why not release IKE? No one's going to pick him up for their roster and he'd be better served on the Bills' PS.

Thought IKE was on the PS. They were one over with Marcel coming back. Besides, what has Brown shown besides the ability to cough up the ball? Edited by DirtDart

We also received a 4th for Lynch. Seahawks traded Christine for duct tape and he had more "potential" than Brown. Yes, it was only a 4th, but RBs with Brown's production should cost no more than a 5th.

the gap between a 4th and a 5th is really hanging you up?

Not saying you're wrong, but I'd be curious just how much of a difference there is in average NFL longevity between 4th and 5th round picks.

Forgive me if I'm just repeating what others have said. I just skimmed the previous posts.

This is a bit of a surprise to me, given the number of backs left on the roster. Plus Bryce is a pretty explosive back---far from just run of the mill, IMO. It's true he has a ball security issue, but we've (at least I've) seen players turn that around, with the right coaching. I kinda thought they were stashing him on the inactive list, to have a quality healthy back in case of injury. Perhaps Bryce wasn't thrilled with the arrangement and was becoming a problem.

It also seems odd for a team that purports to be a running team, to have so few backs. But one thing about RBs is, in a pinch, there are guys who can step in and (hopefully) get reasonable results. Typically it isn't the train wreck you get if you have to do it with some other positions.

If nothing else, the claims Whaley cut Fred BECAUSE of his ego, since he traded for Brown, is finally exposed as total foil-hat wearing BS. But they guy is clearly a gambler.

For those overreacting, it was a fourth round pick. How many of those do other teams burn? It really is that simple.

Bryce will catch on somewhere else, think he might have requested it as he has too much talent to not be dressed.

Richardson for a 1st is still in recent memory as well.

Losing a 4th round pick is HUGE!!!

We could have had another Tim Euhus.

Forgive me if I'm just repeating what others have said. I just skimmed the previous posts.

This is a bit of a surprise to me, given the number of backs left on the roster. Plus Bryce is a pretty explosive back---far from just run of the mill, IMO. It's true he has a ball security issue, but we've (at least I've) seen players turn that around, with the right coaching. I kinda thought they were stashing him on the inactive list, to have a quality healthy back in case of injury. Perhaps Bryce wasn't thrilled with the arrangement and was becoming a problem.

It also seems odd for a team that purports to be a running team, to have so few backs. But one thing about RBs is, in a pinch, there are guys who can step in and (hopefully) get reasonable results. Typically it isn't the train wreck you get if you have to do it with some other positions.

If nothing else, the claims Whaley cut Fred BECAUSE of his ego, since he traded for Brown, is finally exposed as total foil-hat wearing BS. But they guy is clearly a gambler.

Brown is explosive, but as someone said earlier he is "perennial potential." The only players you keep on the 53 for their potential are your highest and/or most recent year's draft picks. Brown has been in the league long enough for him to have realized his potential. He couldn't crack the active roster either of the last two years except for injury and doesn't play special teams. It's not just that Brown wasn't good enough, it's also that this roster is loaded. Brown could probably find a spot on another roster and get a few carries. We will see what happens! In this league, many running backs come and go.

Hey, I called this one after the first preseason game.

"5) Karlos Williams looks like a real gamer. He ran 14 times for 40 yards and plunged the ball in for his first NFL TD. His upright running style reminds one of the great Eric Dickerson.

Bryce Brown's career in Buffalo is in real jeopardy."

Of course, I also said that EJ was toast, but I'll take a victory where I can get it.

Some 1st rounders turn all-pro and some are third stringers.