MMQB: on Rex and the Bills

YoloinOhio

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/13/nfl-week-1-marcus-mariota-tennessee-titans

Rex Ryan coached six years in New Jersey, and so he heard the cacophonous noise around the Meadowlands on occasion. But a couple of things he hadnt seen. One: Fans standing for most of three hours, which they did Sunday, so as not to miss anything in a 27-14 Bills victory over the favored Colts. Two: The RV parking lot adjacent to Ralph Wilson Stadium full late Saturday morning

Edited by YoloinOhio

I was thinking this on the way to work

- from MMQB

Standings of the AFC East this morning:

Buffalo: 1-0
Miami: 1-0
New England: 1-0
New York Jets: 1-0

The defense is the real thing. If the offense can hold up its end—and really, you can say the same thing about any of the three AFC East challengers to New England—Buffalo will be in it till the end. That’s a big if, of course. It will depend on the maturation of Taylor. [QB play in general]

We're on the the NE Cheaters!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

- from MMQB

The defense is the real thing. If the offense can hold up its end—and really, you can say the same thing about any of the three AFC East challengers to New England—Buffalo will be in it till the end. That’s a big if, of course. It will depend on the maturation of Taylor. [QB play in general]

Can't say I've ever seen a QB's first start where he played so poised and within himself. Luck, by contrast, often appeared a bit frazzled and frantic at times. Finally, the Bills have arrived at that perfect confluence of ownership, management, coaching and player talent it takes to hang with the big boys...the Bills are back, for real!

- from MMQB

The defense is the real thing. If the offense can hold up its endand really, you can say the same thing about any of the three AFC East challengers to New EnglandBuffalo will be in it till the end. Thats a big if, of course. It will depend on the maturation of Taylor. [QB play in general]

We're on the the NE Cheaters!

lets see the Jets and Fish against teams that aren't two of the worst in the league

Also:

COACH OF THE WEEK

Greg Roman, offensive coordinator, Buffalo. Even if Roman opened the offseason preferring Matt Cassel as the Bills’ starting quarterback in the three-way derby—and I believe he did—he was very open-minded about it. And by the end of the summer, the coaches felt Tyrod Taylor was better than Cassel and E.J. Manuel. Roman loves Taylor’s work ethic, his acceptance of what game plans are, and how much Taylor loves to be coached (sound familiar?). That’s the kind of quarterback Roman loves. And it showed Sunday. All Roman wants out of his quarterback is a guy who wants to be great and won’t look at the clock in an effort to do so—and the work Roman has put in with Taylor showed Sunday. Taylor played smart and composed, in a very emotional stadium.

I'm guessing that the Pats game will be even louder than the Colts one. Imagine that Brady gets the ball first and we get a pick six. The Ralph would go looney freakin' tunes.

Midway through the fourth quarter I literally laughed out loud thinking these 2 things...

1. Wow, next week will be even louder.

2. Wow, our best player (and the player who is the single greatest threat to brady*) isn't even playing.

lets see the Jets and Fish against teams that aren't two of the worst in the league

True dat.

One of the talking heads was saying the Fish could be like 9-1 because they have a soft schedule. Which may be true, but (If I heard correctly) the majority of their first 8 games are on the road.

Week 1 is a hard week to make judgements, but they barely outplayed the Redskins who are expected (truly) to be at the bottom of the NFL all season

True dat.

One of the talking heads was saying the Fish could be like 9-1 because they have a soft schedule. Which may be true, but (If I heard correctly) the majority of their first 8 games are on the road.

Week 1 is a hard week to make judgements, but they barely outplayed the Redskins who are expected (truly) to be at the bottom of the NFL all season

Yeah, I could easily see the Fish at 6-1 or 5-2 depending how they handle us in our first road game after 2 tough opponents. But their schedule down the stretch still puts them at 7-9 or 8-8 even with the great start.

Yeah, I could easily see the Fish at 6-1 or 5-2 depending how they handle us in our first road game after 2 tough opponents. But their schedule down the stretch still puts them at 7-9 or 8-8 even with the great start.

Yeah, I forgot to mention they finish with a very tough schedule. I can see maybe 4 wins in their first 6 games

Then ---

@ Cheatriots, @ Bills, @ Iggles, Cowboys, @ NYETS, Ravens, Giants, @ Chargers, Colts and Cheatriots.

This keeps up Rex is going to be a fricken football god in Buffalo

There is no other way to put it. Rex was made for the city of Buffalo, and he's exactly what the Bills needed. So different from the former coach in every way possible. There have not been many games in the last 15 years as fun to watch as yesterdays game. Seemed to be a lot of chatter about Rex led teams not always being prepared for their opponent, they were well prepared in every facet of the game. Here's hoping he does indeed become fricken football god.

There is no other way to put it. Rex was made for the city of Buffalo, and he's exactly what the Bills needed. So different from the former coach in every way possible. There have not been many games in the last 15 years as fun to watch as yesterdays game. Seemed to be a lot of chatter about Rex led teams not always being prepared for their opponent, they were well prepared in every facet of the game. Here's hoping he does indeed become fricken football god.

It appears to be true. Having never been to Buffalo I felt ill qualified to give a view on his fit for the city, but when he was first appointed I wasn't convinced by his fit for the team. But Rex has won me round, even the Buffalo media who hounded Marrone (maybe he deserved it he was a jerk to them at times) and Gailey (who did not deserve it he was a thoroughly decent man) seem to be eating out of the palm of Rex's hand.

I am not sure Rex Ryan was ever really a fit for a team in a big established market. I think his fighter instincts make him perfect for the small market underdog that is the Buffalo Bills.

Why not us and Why not now, indeed.

It appears to be true. Having never been to Buffalo I felt ill qualified to give a view on his fit for the city, but when he was first appointed I wasn't convinced by his fit for the team. But Rex has won me round, even the Buffalo media who hounded Marrone (maybe he deserved it he was a jerk to them at times) and Gailey (who did not deserve it he was a thoroughly decent man) seem to be eating out of the palm of Rex's hand.

I am not sure Rex Ryan was ever really a fit for a team in a big established market. I think his fighter instincts make him perfect for the small market underdog that is the Buffalo Bills.

Why not us and Why not now, indeed.

Totally agree. I think it goes both ways and allows him to be himself. It really is a great fit.