TNF: Steelers at Pats** NBC 8:30 est

YoloinOhio

What's with the gambling spread jokes? Does Colinsworth or Michaels have money on the game, and the jokes on us? Don't remember ever hearing broadcasters comment on something like that before. What a weird broadcast including Michaels comments on everyone complaining about the cheaters.

I think he was referencing fantasy fans cared about that last touchdown. Fantasy football is the major reason many ppl would watch a game that is not their favorite team.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the score was 28-21

Honestly neither team looked that good to me.

If the Steelers don't miss 2 FG and stay in bounds on a wide open TD they likely win, even with a totally disorganized mess of a game.

I hope the Bills can run an offense like today's game. It has been 20 years since we saw such a productive offense.

I looked at kicks from last year. 40-49 it's still pretty high and you know that as it gets into the high 40s it's not automatic. So I guesstimated. I would bet anything it's 85 or above and probably closer to 90. Just from watching nfl games you would know a 45 yarder is not hard. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/kicking/position/defense

Two years ago 40-49 was 83% total.

Four years ago from NYT."a 45 yard fg is all but a given."http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/sports/football/in-nfl-placekickers-become-cant-miss-performers.html?_r=0

Last year was 77.3 for 40-49 and 71.7 for all 40+.

That is significantly less than 90 percent, and it includes 40-44 yard kicks.

I added it all up with a calculator, team by team, on nfl.com.

Edited by dave mcbride

Michael Silver @MikeSilver 2m2 minutes ago

I talk to players and coaches on all 32 teams, all the time. I'm not afraid to say these things. Tomlin is not alone. Perception is there.

Edit:

Michael Silver @MikeSilver 1m1 minute ago

Michael Silver retweeted AD

Because he's mad as hell. And he is not alone. And he said it always happens there. And it meshes with ESPN story.

Edited by Reed83HOF

In his presser, Tomlin basically called the Patriots out for cheating, and defended his position.

I'm beginning to think there is a significant minority (10-15) of owners who either want

a) the Patriots nuked and beli gets a life time ban

or

b) roger goodell fired

or

c) both

Johnny, pre or post game presser? Wanna look it up .... got a linky to help me?

Lollll Tom is getting all comfortable like this is gunna be a breeze of a season. Can't WAIT for him to run into our front 4 next week with big money Dareus leading the charge. He will be nowhere near that comfortable in orchard park.

Side note, pats fans are hilarious. My local library is louder than Foxboro. What a joke.

Last year was 77.3 for 40-49 and 71.7 for all 40+.

That is significantly less than 90 percent, and it includes 40-44 yard kicks.

I added it all up with a calculator, team by team, on nfl.com.

In the last four years, Josh Scobee is 13-19 over 50 yards and 29-35 of 40-49.

45 yards is somewhat of the unofficial cut off point for long field goals. It's not until 47-48 is it considered a long FG these days.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 2m2 minutes ago

I talk to players and coaches on all 32 teams, all the time. I'm not afraid to say these things. Tomlin is not alone. Perception is there.

Edit:

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 1m1 minute ago

Michael Silver retweeted AD

Because he's mad as hell. And he is not alone. And he said it always happens there. And it meshes with ESPN story.

Johnny, pre or post game presser? Wanna look it up .... got a linky to help me?

post game, it was crazy, i cant wait to see the unedited cut.

im telling you man, the league is on full on revolt.

the networks are in damage control, the announcers are painting such a rosy picture.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/tomlin-angry-with-communications-problems-at-gillette-stadium/

profootballtalk, through nbcsports, who showed the game tonight (no conflict of interest there), isnt reporting the full details of the press conference, and nfl network cut away from it live.

fascinating.

post game, it was crazy, i cant wait to see the unedited cut.

im telling you man, the league is on full on revolt.

the networks are in damage control, the announcers are painting such a rosy picture.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/tomlin-angry-with-communications-problems-at-gillette-stadium/

profootballtalk, through nbcsports, who showed the game tonight (no conflict of interest there), isnt reporting the full details of the press conference, and nfl network cut away from it live.

fascinating.

Tomlin said it was most of the first half.

What's with the gambling spread jokes? Does Colinsworth or Michaels have money on the game, and the jokes on us? Don't remember ever hearing broadcasters comment on something like that before.

Michaels used to always comment on this early in his prime time career, as a game was ending and garbage time was killing a winning spread.

The spread tonight was 7. And with 7 seconds left, the Pats** let Ben throw a touchdown that made virtually every gambler in the country a loser tonight...except the house, which won everyone's vig. And, as Michaels noted, they usually are the only reason anyone is watching the game at that point.

Lollll Tom is getting all comfortable like this is gunna be a breeze of a season. Can't WAIT for him to run into our front 4 next week with big money Dareus leading the charge. He will be nowhere near that comfortable in orchard park.

Side note, pats fans are hilarious. My local library is louder than Foxboro. What a joke.

I'm not as optimistic as you. They have 9 days to prepare and rest up. It will be a tough game but you saw how he picked apart the Steelers secondary. The ball is out in 2 seconds, the front 4 won't be much of a factor imo if they play like that against us

hes an average pass catching TE who will look better with Brady throwing to him and being left open while teams try to cover Gronk in 2 TE sets. He's a great fit for their offense. He is not a good fit for ours, because he would be a liability as a run blocker. He was a good signing by NE. I was not a huge fan of his as a player in Buffalo. I do think he is a great person.

Really?

YoloinOhio, on 13 Mar 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:snapback.png

I'll be surprised if he makes the 53.

It's not that I think the Bills will miss him, but some of "the finest football minds" here at TBD, spewed condescending nonsense at me concerning Chandler this off-season...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/177972-pats-signed-chandler-because-belichick-is-a-genius/page-5

Edited by HoF Watkins

Gronk > Troupe

In his presser, Tomlin basically called the Patriots out for cheating, and defended his position.

I'm beginning to think there is a significant minority (10-15) of owners who either want

a) the Patriots nuked and beli gets a life time ban

or

b) roger goodell fired

or

c) both

nobody thinks that