If Bryce Brown Starts Week 1

I think Bryce Brown is undoubtedly a better runner than Fred Jackson at this point in his career. Fred still has vision but is really starting to slow down. Bryce has game breaking speed and shows good instincts.

That being said, the Bryce haters do have a point. Fred brought immeasurable leadership qualities and toughness to the team, none of which Bryce has shown.

Either way, when it comes to on the field for week 1, I'd rather have Bryce starting over Fred.

Really?

Bryce Brown on the bubble is demonstrated by the third and two play in the first quarter. Roman calls an inside running play with Richardson pulling right and Connor sealing out the outside. All Brown has to do is wait for Richardson to set up the block and he has an easy conversion up the middle. Instead he tries to run outside right onto a tackle for a loss.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryce Brown on the bubble is demonstrated by the third and two play in the first quarter. Roman calls an inside running play with Richardson pulling right and Connor sealing out the outside. All Brown has to do is wait for Richardson to set up the block and he has an easy conversion up the middle. Instead he tries to run outside right onto a tackle for a loss.

I agree, also in his two ball-security non-fumbles. Although, to be fair, the OL wasn't doing the RB any more favors than they did Simms last night, and he might have been running in "f**k it I'll find my own holes" mode. That'd be one for the coaches to evaluate based on how he did in practice.

Really?

He's Spiller without a good year.

I honestly have no idea, just edited out.

BTW, I have no desire to see him fail, but I had a lot more confidence in Fred being able to pick up crucial first downs. And the talk of Terry being cheap is (hopefully) obviously a joke.

I'm guessing you were going to quote him, then deleted his post but left the CBF? Matters not, just something that caught my eye!

I too would prefer FJ on this team. The Pegula's aren't cheap, they're spending boatload of $$$, but, there is the cap. Cheaper players kept for depth goes on everywhere in the league, but, this was FJ and it hits home.

I find it interesting that people who repeatedly point out BB fumbling issues have blinders on in Fred's case. Fred had 5 fumbles last year and averaged over 3 per year for his career. Also he averaged just under 4 yards per carry his last 3 years. His salary is just not appropriate for his production. I am going to miss Fred this year and I'm glad he signed with Seattle. Fred did have a knack for coming up a big play at the appropriate time and I will miss that as well. He will always be a fan favorite for his hard work, and dedication, but I'm looking forward to the development of the new young studs.

Edited by Original Byrd Man

I find it interesting that people who repeatedly point out BB fumbling issues have blinders on in Fred's case. Fred had 5 fumbles last year and averaged over 3 per year for his career. Also he averaged just under 4 yards per carry his last 3 years. His salary is just not appropriate for his production. I am going to miss Fred this year and I'm glad he signed with Seattle. Fred did have a knack for coming up big play at the appropriate time and I will miss that as well. He will always be a fan favorite for his hard work, and dedication, but I'm looking forward to the development of the new young studs.

They just don`t know.

I am just glad there aren't any former JETS in the at rb on the roster. REX keeps bringing in Jet retreads for a look see. Doesn't he know they were among the worst teams in football last year. Now, if he was bringing in guys from all around the league, I could argue he was making a justified search for talent...but, no, he is going to the well to often with ex Jets.

I am just glad there aren't any former JETS in the at rb on the roster. REX keeps bringing in Jet retreads for a look see. Doesn't he know they were among the worst teams in football last year. Now, if he was bringing in guys from all around the league, I could argue he was making a justified search for talent...but, no, he is going to the well to often with ex Jets.

they are camp bodies. Players he knows. It is common.

No it's not nonsense. With the likely hood of McCoy and Karlos Willams not being able

to play in game one I think it was a mistake to cut Fred Jackson. The Bills need a

veteran who knows how to handle pressure. These 2 first games are 2 of the most important

games of the season. If the Bills lose the first 2 games they could lose week 3 in Miami

with a tuff road contest and reporters digging up dirt and causing problems.

We do not need unreliable Bryce Brown leading us in 2 of the most important contests

of the year. Fred Jackson should be the guy. The Bills made a mistake. Doug should

swallow his pride admit he made a mistake and bring Fred back. With all the problems

with are injuries at running back we don't neen uncertainty to start the season at

that position.

It's not a likelihood at all. There is a very good chance that both are playing next Sunday. Even if we go along with your pessimistic view, why would they lose the first two games? It won't be due to RB. It will be due to QB and Oline problems. If the line is blocking well (which they have in the presason) the Bills will run the ball no matter who is back there. Brown is a talented runner. He just needs to not turn the ball over. The Bills have more talent on their roster, top to bottom, offense to defense, than either Indy or NE. If Tyrod is a strong version of what we saw in preseason, and the D is as least as good as last season, the opener won't be close, Andrew Luck or no Andrew Luck. The Colts have the best player on the field (Luck), but the Bills have the better personnel. It's up to them to play like it.

The N.E. game will be closer because the Bills have to clear a mental hurdle, which is them being used to losing to N.E.

Edited by purple haze

This**1000. When the chips are down, Fred is money. Besides Shady, we don't know if any of these guys can deliver yet with the game on the line. Let's hope they have that quality.

Really? Even Hogan made a clutch catch last season.

I loved that about Fred too, no doubt. But I trust our current squad.

Why do you have CBF's CBF at the bottom of your post?

Bucking fusted! Dual identity.

As I've said elsewhere, if Bryce Brown doesn't fumble that ball against the Chiefs (or if Chandler recovers it)... Doug Marrone is still coaching this team.

Thank God for Bryce Brown.

:lol:

But seriously.........WHY can't Bryce Brown carry the football high and tight?

I know he's got vines for arms but there is no way he can avoid fumbling for very long carrying the ball like that.

Talk about points of pressure.......I don't know if he could run 90 yards untouched with the ball without losing it with only half the ball secured like that.

Very talented but discouraging watching him not doing anything different carrying the football.

Bucking fusted! Dual identity.

:lol:

But seriously.........WHY can't Bryce Brown carry the football high and tight?

I know he's got vines for arms but there is no way he can avoid fumbling for very long carrying the ball like that.

Talk about points of pressure.......I don't know if he could run 90 yards untouched with the ball without losing it with only half the ball secured like that.

Very talented but discouraging watching him not doing anything different carrying the football.

I like Brown as a backup but really don't like how he carries it in his left hand when running to the right with a defender right in front of him.

I like Brown as a backup but really don't like how he carries it in his left hand when running to the right with a defender right in front of him.

Everybody knew the guy is a talented runner.

Plays like a guy who went from HS to the NFL.

And even though that is basically the case there is no excuse for him not improving any and all ball security matters.

His career is at a crossroads to put it mildly.

There is no try this year, only do.

Edited by #BADOL