If Bryce Brown Starts Week 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryce Brown was playing last night because he is "on the bubble", may not make the team, and likely won't dress if he does, unless McCoy is hurt.

Dixon and Wiliiams, though healthy, were not playing last night because they are ahead of Brown on the depth chart.

I agree that Brown has shown talent. But I don't think he was playing last night because he's #2 on the depth chart. I don't think Boobie is giving interviews to reporters calling himself a "dog on a chain that ain't ate(sic)" because he thinks he'll be sitting behind Brown.

i don't think he is #2 on the depth chart, but I do think he's most similar to McCoy skill set. I think it would be a lot of Bryce and Karlos if shady can't go.

i can see the "brown ran for 150 yards, should he start and why did we trade for mccoy" threads.... though i still see mccoy starting.

He's also just as likely to make one or two bone headed plays, miss the play call, forget to pick up a blitz assignment or be in the wrong spot, kind of like he's done in his entire college and pro career.

Not sure I get the people who seem to want him to fail. He could also break a 60-70 yarder or two, and run for 150+ yards against the Colts run defense, which BTW is terrible. Not to mention, Roman's system being great!

There's a bit of a difference between wanting to see him fail, vs worrying about him being the feature back, knowing his history of stupid play among some highlight reels.

Why do you have CBF's CBF at the bottom of your post?

I honestly have no idea, just edited out.

BTW, I have no desire to see him fail, but I had a lot more confidence in Fred being able to pick up crucial first downs. And the talk of Terry being cheap is (hopefully) obviously a joke.

Edited by Captain Caveman

As I've said elsewhere, if Bryce Brown doesn't fumble that ball against the Chiefs (or if Chandler recovers it)... Doug Marrone is still coaching this team.

Thank God for Bryce Brown.

And if stevie johnson doesnt drop that pass against the steelers in the endzone we dont get Dareus in the next years draft

Whew.

Anyone know the status on Karlos for the opener?

He's also just as likely to make one or two bone headed plays, miss the play call, forget to pick up a blitz assignment or be in the wrong spot, kind of like he's done in his entire college and pro career.

lots of things are possible. i was just picking an amusing one, instead of doom and gloom.

And if stevie johnson doesnt drop that pass against the steelers in the endzone we dont get Dareus.....

And if the queen had balls she'd be the king.

Not really germane buy I love that phrase.

Edited by Tenhigh

I think Bryce Brown is undoubtedly a better runner than Fred Jackson at this point in his career. Fred still has vision but is really starting to slow down. Bryce has game breaking speed and shows good instincts.

That being said, the Bryce haters do have a point. Fred brought immeasurable leadership qualities and toughness to the team, none of which Bryce has shown.

Either way, when it comes to on the field for week 1, I'd rather have Bryce starting over Fred.

From what we saw last year, the reliable part of Fred Jackson is thta he just isn't very good any longer, that's the thing you can kind of count on.

Was that the time they rushed Freddie back from the knee injury because Brown stunk on the field?

If Bryce Brown starts week 1 and struggles, this place will explode, right? Calls for Whaley's head? Maybe deservedly so?

Why do you think Bryce Brown started last night while Dixon and Williams sat it out?

Reportedly by Rex, Dixon was ready and wanted to play but was held out I don't know about Williams, but reports had that he was considered to be #2 by the coaches before the injury

I think Bryce Brown was playing for his roster spot.

Not sure I get the people who seem to want him to fail. He could also break a 60-70 yarder or two, and run for 150+ yards against the Colts run defense, which BTW is terrible. Not to mention, Roman's system being great!

I love the idea of calling 2-3 designed QB runs on the first drive or two and then having him work from the pocket after that. Not that I think the Colts are totally ignorant, just that it would most certainly take some teeth out of their pass rush. Getting them to commit a spy or play contain and then passing from the pocket would seem like a sensible approach.

i don't think he is #2 on the depth chart, but I do think he's most similar to McCoy skill set. I think it would be a lot of Bryce and Karlos if shady can't go.

I think he's most similar to McCoy in *running style* but not in skill set. Pass catching? Blocking? Not there yet. Ball handling skills? Not close. Watch what he does with the ball and compare it to our *QB*. Taylor smoothly shifts the ball from arm to arm depending upon who's approaching him. Brown? Mmmmm...no. The posters who trash him are wrong, he's got athletic talent and field vision, and per coaches he came in with his head in the playbook. But he's not there yet.

If he'd hung onto the football as though he was a rap star and it was his left nut all preseason, he might have moved up the chart, but as it is....

well, we'll see. I can be wrong, I often am.

Edited by Hopeful