If Bryce Brown Starts Week 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not nonsense. With the likely hood of McCoy and Karlos Willams not being able

to play in game one I think it was a mistake to cut Fred Jackson. The Bills need a

veteran who knows how to handle pressure. These 2 first games are 2 of the most important

games of the season. If the Bills lose the first 2 games they could lose week 3 in Miami

with a tuff road contest and reporters digging up dirt and causing problems.

We do not need unreliable Bryce Brown leading us in 2 of the most important contests

of the year. Fred Jackson should be the guy. The Bills made a mistake. Doug should

swallow his pride admit he made a mistake and bring Fred back. With all the problems

with are injuries at running back we don't neen uncertainty to start the season at

that position.

No it's not nonsense. With the likely hood of McCoy and Karlos Willams not being able

to play in game one I think it was a mistake to cut Fred Jackson. The Bills need a

veteran who knows how to handle pressure. These 2 first games are 2 of the most important

games of the season. If the Bills lose the first 2 games they could lose week 3 in Miami

We do not need unreliable Bryce Brown leading us in 2 of the most important contests

of the year. Fred Jackson should be the guy. The Bills made a mistake. Doug should

swallow his pride admit he made a mistake and bring Fred back. With all the problems

with are injuries at running back we don't neen uncertainty to start the season at

that position.

:doh: You know better. OBD better rush to get you on the payroll.

Bryce Brown is a very talented back, and in other threads and as others have noted, his fumble issues have been greatly exaggerated. I love Fred Jackson and am grateful for what he has done and did for the BILLS' organization and for the people of Western NY, he was exactly the kind of guy you want in a BILLS uniform. That said, it was time to move and he fumbled as well, let's not forget that, all RBs do at some point. Bryce Brown will be good back for the BILLS and I have faith in him and in the new, revamped Offensive Line and their Coach (despite is apparent inability to control his temper or act appropriately with juveniles, no matter what they did or said).

Brown has looked very good and is likely to start in place of McCoy if McCoy can't go yet, along with Williams (if ready). Brown has the most similar skill set to McCoy.

It does not appear that, even if they had kept Fred, he would have been the one to do that.

Edited by YoloinOhio

that position.

If the Bills win the first 2 games, they could win week 3 in Miami with a tuff road contest....

Brown has looked very good and is likely to start in place of McCoy if McCoy can't go yet, along with Williams (if ready). Brown has the most similar skill set to McCoy.

He filled in for Shady with the Eagles in a couple of games with spectacular results. He'd be fine in this offense running behind the Bills starting OL.

He filled in for Shady with the Eagles in a couple of games with spectacular results. He'd be fine in this offense running behind the Bills starting OL.

i can see the "brown ran for 150 yards, should he start and why did we trade for mccoy" threads.... though i still see mccoy starting.

If Bryce Brown starts week 1 and struggles, this place will explode, right? Calls for Whaley's head? Maybe deservedly so?

Bryce Brown was playing last night because he is "on the bubble", may not make the team, and likely won't dress if he does, unless McCoy is hurt.

Dixon and Wiliiams, though able to go, were likely not playing last night because they are ahead of Brown on the depth chart.

It does not appear that, even if they had kept Fred, he would have been the one to do that.

I agree that Brown has shown talent. But I don't think he was playing last night because he's #2 on the depth chart. I don't think Boobie is giving interviews to reporters calling himself a "dog on a chain that ain't ate(sic)" because he thinks he'll be sitting behind Brown.

I think Roman will adjust the gameplan for Williams and Dixon.

Then again I could be wrong.

Edited by Hopeful

It's a 16 game season so it'll take more than 1 game before this place erupts. If it becomes apparent that we are not going to make the playoffs the Fred decision will be linked to that outcome and Whaley will be blamed for bursting the bubble of happiness right before the season. If we make the playoffs Whaley will not get 100% of the credit but people will forgive and accept the decision.