RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After giving it some thought keeping Fred would mean getting rid of one of the younger players. We would be looking for another RB next year when he retires. Makes perfect sense business decision.

It would mean getting rid of Bryce Brown and his ball-control issues, or a 5th round draft pick with a bit of a troubled past (who could potentially slip onto the practice squad). It is not a cut-and-dried decision.

After giving it some thought keeping Fred would mean getting rid of one of the younger players. We would be looking for another RB next year when he retires. Makes perfect sense business decision.

Ah - next year - always the favorite year for Bills fans. I thought "win now mode" meant this year.

Ah - next year - always the favorite year for Bills fans. I thought "win now mode" meant this year.

Well, not in Buffalo Bills nation. " Win now mode" is more of a general statement and in reality means

Once every twenty years or so. The window is closing so expect that magical year sometime within this decade.

I feel bad for Fred I love everything the Bills have done this off season except cut Fred. You can not replace his heart and his will to win. Guys like Bryce Brown are a dime a dozen you can get

them anytime in the rounds 3 thru 6 in next years draft. Or if your scouting is good like the Bills is maybe as a undrafted college free agent. This release of Jackson is a mistake

no it won't cost the Bills wins or ruin the team but it takes away that special feeling the team had going on this summer. This team is poised to do something great this year and Fred Jackson is there leader

you don't go into battle without your true leader. I know Fred would not have played a lot this year but for me his role would have been an important one of leadership and captain of this football

team. For the life of me I can't understand how Rex and Doug don't understand this. Did you here what Fred said after he was cut he would have given anything to retire a Buffalo Bill.

That means he would have taken a pay cut, maybe played special teams he would have done what ever it took. Here is a guy who led are team last year in rushing and receiving last year.

He is are emotional leader and are community leader and the person who sets the right example of what a athlete should be. How is it the best team in football the last 3 years Seattle can see that and we can't.

Yes I agree at this point in time Bryce Brown might be better at running the ball and faster. But Fred is better at Blocking and getting the extra yard and leading our team and our town and city and this region.

It would be like the Yankees cutting Derrick Jeter. Yes his Skills have diminished and there might be a better younger player in the minors. SO the Bills should have gone to Fred and said that this is your last year

with us make it a good one we want you to do out on top and play in a Bills Playoff game. Then have Fred announce it. I don't know why The Bills management and Terry and Kim Pegula can't understand this.

How can the Bills look them selves in the mirror and think this is ok. I for one was ashamed to be a Bills fan yesterday. I am sad for Fred I wish him well. My my 2nd favorite team is Seattle because I love Russell

Wilson and I wanted the Bills to Draft him. Having Marshawn helps too, now if Fred signs that will really be cool. Fred will protect Wilson on 3rd downs and spell Lynch and will also provide true leadership

to a Superbowl winning team looking to go to a 3rd straight Super Bowl. I hope if the Bills do not win the SuperBowl this year that the Seahawks do so Fred can go out a winner. Fred deserves to be respected.

This is something the Bills management failed to do when the released him yesterday. They tried to say the right things but I'm not buying it. Fred's release does not feel right. my eyes tell me that, my gut tells

me that, and my heart tells me that.

I feel bad for Fred I love everything the Bills have done this off season except cut Fred. You can not replace his heart and his will to win. Guys like Bryce Brown are a dime a dozen you can get

them anytime in the rounds 3 thru 6 in next years draft. Or if your scouting is good like the Bills is maybe as a undrafted college free agent. This release of Jackson is a mistake

no it won't cost the Bills wins or ruin the team but it takes away that special feeling the team had going on this summer. This team is poised to do something great this year and Fred Jackson is there leader

you don't go into battle without your true leader. I know Fred would not have played a lot this year but for me his role would have been an important one of leadership and captain of this football

team. For the life of me I can't understand how Rex and Doug don't understand this. Did you here what Fred said after he was cut he would have given anything to retire a Buffalo Bill.

That means he would have taken a pay cut, maybe played special teams he would have done what ever it took. Here is a guy who led are team last year in rushing and receiving last year.

He is are emotional leader and are community leader and the person who sets the right example of what a athlete should be. How is it the best team in football the last 3 years Seattle can see that and we can't.

Yes I agree at this point in time Bryce Brown might be better at running the ball and faster. But Fred is better at Blocking and getting the extra yard and leading our team and our town and city and this region.

It would be like the Yankees cutting Derrick Jeter. Yes his Skills have diminished and there might be a better younger player in the minors. SO the Bills should have gone to Fred and said that this is your last year

with us make it a good one we want you to do out on top and play in a Bills Playoff game. Then have Fred announce it. I don't know why The Bills management and Terry and Kim Pegula can't understand this.

How can the Bills look them selves in the mirror and think this is ok. I for one was ashamed to be a Bills fan yesterday. I am sad for Fred I wish him well. My my 2nd favorite team is Seattle because I love Russell

Wilson and I wanted the Bills to Draft him. Having Marshawn helps too, now if Fred signs that will really be cool. Fred will protect Wilson on 3rd downs and spell Lynch and will also provide true leadership

to a Superbowl winning team looking to go to a 3rd straight Super Bowl. I hope if the Bills do not win the SuperBowl this year that the Seahawks do so Fred can go out a winner. Fred deserves to be respected.

This is something the Bills management failed to do when the released him yesterday. They tried to say the right things but I'm not buying it. Fred's release does not feel right. my eyes tell me that, my gut tells

So are you going to post this babble in every thread?

I hope if the Bills do not win the SuperBowl this year that the Seahawks do so Fred can go out a winner. Fred deserves to be respected.

My god.. Are you really serious, your loyalty is to Fred Jackson a aging 34 year RB who has been injured often in recent years and lost of step.

get a grip that has to be the most ridiculous retort to this logical release of a player.. I can't stop laughing at how ridiculous and completely irrational this rant is

Fred has been more than respected. He has $$$ millions to back that up as well. Its a pro game and this is the reality

Edited by Snorom

It's amusing to me how some here scoff at emotional reactions rather than purely rational ones. WTF is remotely rational about grown men cheering for a football team?

i feel like theres a big gap between the "i dont like it, and im depressed to see home go" emotional response, and "OMG I HOPE HE PLAYS FOR THE PATRIOTS AND BEATS US" emotional response

i feel like theres a big gap between the "i dont like it, and im depressed to see home go" emotional response, and "OMG I HOPE HE PLAYS FOR THE PATRIOTS AND BEATS US" emotional response

I haven't been scouring every thread. But have people really been saying this? I believe strongly that the Patriots would look at an undervalued asset with something to prove and less tread on his tires than most guys his age. But I'm certainly not hoping for that to happen. It's just an example of how this kind of move might come to haunt the bills, that's all.

It's amusing to me how some here scoff at emotional reactions rather than purely rational ones. WTF is remotely rational about grown men cheering for a football team?

How is grown men cheering for a football team irrational? Grown men have been cheering for their favorite competitors for a lot longer than the NFL has been around.

I do think the loss of a real leader in the clubhouse could be the real problem. Fred's numbers can be matched or bettered by just about anyone, but you do need quality leader types on the team, and I'm not sure who it will be.

Im not sure who it will be either, but I can tell you it should be the QB like on every other winning team. Now that Tyrod is the man, part of that role is being the leader and taking the reins.

I haven't been scouring every thread. But have people really been saying this? I believe strongly that the Patriots would look at an undervalued asset with something to prove and less tread on his tires than most guys his age. But I'm certainly not hoping for that to happen. It's just an example of how this kind of move might come to haunt the bills, that's all.

It was said at least once yesterday that I am aware of. :sick::thumbdown:

How is that irrational? Seriously.

Because it has no bearing on anything of consequence in any of our lives. It's something that we choose to treat as important for its entertainment value, but it makes no more logical sense than us staking our emotional well being on which and farm in the back yard prevails in an and war.

Because it has no bearing on anything of consequence in any of our lives. It's something that we choose to treat as important for its entertainment value, but it makes no more logical sense than us staking our emotional well being on which and farm in the back yard prevails in an and war.

Okay. I can agree with this.

I'll never forget the schit I took in the shoutbox one time when I said I was going to miss a Bills game because I was going apple picking with my family.

I'll never forget the schit I took in the shoutbox one time when I said I was going to miss a Bills game because I was going apple picking with my family.

Weeks 1-8: Unacceptable

Weeks 8-17: Usually understandable as we've all moved on to next year by that point

:thumbsup:

Don't tell anyone, but I've done the same thing.

You both should be embarrassed. Apple picking on game day?? Unacceptable...

Pears tho...:wub:

I think there are two basic types of football fans: the emotional, and the analytic.

Emotional fans root for the team. They dig character, they paint their faces on Sunday, and they scream, and get drunk. They feel deep pride when their team wins, and cry into their beers when they lose. Their enjoyment of the game originates in the thrill.

The analytic fan follows numbers, and formations. They look at stats, and rewind plays on their DVRs several times in a row to analyze how different players fit into the play. Their enjoyment of the game originates in fascination.

Personally, I ascribe to both motivations, and I don't think they're mutually exclusive-- in fact, I think every fan derives pleasure from some combination of the two. But, I also think that for many people on both sides of the spectrum, the enjoyment of the game is rooted in the very fact that football has no real consequence to the grim realities of daily life. This is why it is the greatest spectator sport of all time: It is endlessly deep, both emotionally, and analytically, without any real consequence. The perfect escape.

I hope you were at least wearing a jersey. Something from one of our cornerbacks would be appropriate foe apple picking, I would think...

I think there are two basic types of football fans: the emotional, and the analytic.

Emotional fans root for the team. They dig character, they paint their faces on Sunday, and they scream, and get drunk. They feel deep pride when their team wins, and cry into their beers when they lose. Their enjoyment of the game originates in the thrill.

The analytic fan follows numbers, and formations. They look at stats, and rewind plays on their DVRs several times in a row to analyze how different players fit into the play. Their enjoyment of the game originates in fascination.

Personally, I ascribe to both motivations, and I don't think they're mutually exclusive-- in fact, I think every fan derives pleasure from some combination of the two. But, I also think that for many people on both sides of the spectrum, the enjoyment of the game is rooted in the very fact that football has no real consequence to the grim realities of daily life. This is why it is the greatest spectator sport of all time: It is endlessly deep, both emotionally, and analytically, without any real consequence. The perfect escape.

I hope you were at least wearing a jersey. Something from one of our cornerbacks would be appropriate foe apple picking, I would think...

That's what you think. I had to call in sick yesterday.

I wear a Bills jersey every Sunday during the regular season. As a matter of fact, I have a picture of my wife, son and me on my desk from one of our apple picking excursions ... and I'm wearing my EJ jersey and a Bills hat.

Don't tell anyone, but I've done the same thing.

You two have so much in common, it warms the heart.

haven't posted in years but i wanted to express my appreciation for fred jackson's work as a buffalo bill.

thank you mr. jackson, freddy. we loved to cheer for you and we still will, wherever you go. Seeing you persevere from d3 to nfl europe to the practice squad to one of the best in the league was inspiring and helped me better understand what being a professional was; whatever your task. I have more pride in myself and my work having seen your dedication and its rewards. More than any monetary reward, though was the obvious self respect you have and how that helped propel you to the top of an extremely difficult profession. thank you again

I am confused Rex Ryan says the team is not better without Fred Jackson. The rest of the organization says we are in "win now" mode. Those seem like conflicting views.

I think that was a politically expedient things for Rex to say which he might not repeat of he had a do-over

I think that was a politically expedient things for Rex to say which he might not repeat of he had a do-over

No, the quote makes sense when you get the entire thing and the message he's trying to convey.

Cuts are tough. Teams with good rosters and a load of talent at specific positions have to let good players go due to the numbers game (the quantity of each position kept).

It doesnt necessarily mean they let him go over a weaker player.

As I have been saying all along, Whaley is a piece of **** wholly and entirely driven by his ego...to the detriment of everything else, including the team.

Bucky Gleason @TBNbucky

@Fred22Jackson on GM Doug Whaley: "Theres only one person in that organization that I havent gotten honesty from, and that was him.

Your crusade needs to stop. Whaley didn't make this call on his own. Stop crusading.

Your crusade needs to stop. Whaley didn't make this call on his own. Stop crusading.

The crusade is you, sweetheart. Back off. You troll my every post with the same drivel. Either contribute constructively or I report you. Capice?

Edited by negativo