EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

Ham, the grassy knoll in Dallas, 1963. Was there a second assassin behind that fence? The whole free world wants to know.

Boom! Grassy knoll? No, no I don't know anything about that...I swear!

Yeh, that's what all you lousy G-men say.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has a theory on the QB situation. My thought is they honestly still don't know who the starter will be. Tyrod has been a nice surprise, and while EJ hasn't been as consistent in OTA's a and practices, he's played well in preseason games and is the only QB with a TD (2). Cassel is who everyone thought he would be...consistently average with the most NFL experience. There's really a case to be made for all 3 QB's and I think the coaches are going back and forth with who they want as the starter. I do think EJ was the clear #3 until he lead the drive to win against CLE and now the coaches want to see what he can do with 1st team in a game. Is it possible that EJ is a better game player than in practice? I do think he has improved this year and whoever is our starter will be better than what we had last year because of GRo's system and added offensive weapons.

The only other scenario I see is they have fielded calls from teams interested in trading for EJ and want to showcase him against a 1st team D.

I'm not buying some of the things I've been hearing tho: 1. Rex wants to be true to his word that the QB competition will be fair and this makes him look good to the players and fans. 2. Rex doesn't want to rip his hand to Indy on who the starter will be week one and starting EJ will confuse things

IMO, the competition is still going and EJ has shown enough where they want to give him a shot with the ones and see what he can do.

I do like EJ, but from what I've seen out of Tyrod I would say he is my front runner...for now.

Not only Leroi.... It is difficult to keep up with the whole thread and I shilled about 15 pages...

Where's Fire Chan ???

I came back to check in and I'm a little disappointed in you. I thought you weren't doing victory laps. There is no need for anyone, including FireChan, to come on here and concede anything. For all we know, every QB is gonna play 2-3 series- all with the ones- and the order doesn't mean anything. Believe me, if somehow EJ Manuel starts against the Colts, you will have your day. This is not it.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I came back to check in and I'm a little disappointed in you. I thought you weren't doing victory laps. There is no need for anyone, including FireChan, to come on here and concede anything. For all we know, every QB is gonna play 2-3 series- all with the ones- and the order doesn't mean anything. Believe me, if somehow EJ Manuel starts against the Colts, you will have your day. This is not it.

in 15 + posts in the past 2 hours you select the one I troll on.

You already took a victory lap though. You lost it for a couple days. You might not have made a prediction about who will start, but you have 100% ruled EJ out already. This was from 2 days ago.

That is a post from someone who thinks EJ has 0% chance. Rational people don't attack others just because they think differently. You called someone insane for thinking EJ is in the lead. It's not very likely, but insane? You're a better poster than this.

I've already stated that was not a victory lap. That was merely my sarcastic reaction to everyone's overreaction to the first preseason in game in which he was OK. But yeah, I don't think it's happening for the guy. I'm on record as saying it's not happening so I'll own that. He's not starting week 1 unless he plays the game of his life and both Taylor and Cassel implode. You can take that to the bank. You really think that if they're all "meh" on Saturday that EJ will start week 1? Well that's what the dude implied by saying he's in the lead. That is not the case, I can assure you. He needs to step up. I hope he does, contrary to the opinion expressed in many posts in this thread that I am rooting against him or I will be upset if he does well, etc. I'm a Bills fan man. Just like you. I've been to at least one home Bills game every year since 1985 and I've lived in Denver for the last 13 years. My family had seasons from 86-95 and I went to every playoff game in that span. I haven't not watched a Bills game since- I have no idea, the mid 80's? I've been to over ten Bills road games. I've never rooted against one Bills player ever. I just want to win man. I promise.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Well, either you do or ya don't.

Ya know, 50-50.

Yeah, man. Like 25% of my gut tells me it's EJM, but then 35% of my gut says to me "no way, it's Cassel". And then outta nowhere, I get this feeling way deep down that says "hey man, get real...it's Tyrod". And get this, that feeling was 40%!

Edited by HoF Watkins

Good move by Ryan. EJ has the most upside of the three if he can win the job so it doesn't make sense not to give him a chance to prove it with the ones. I think the QB that looks the best Saturday will be the starter. It's a dead even competition at this point, IMO.

3 plays define his camp in entirety. Love it.

No, those were just the 3 jewels in his crown of mediocrity. :w00t:

(Even if it was a hospitality tent the poster was referencing and not a "concession stand").

Well, he did look nice in that game winning drive against...players who will not be playing in the NFL in a few weeks.

You know, like me. I bet EJ would complete a lot of passes on me too.

:lol:

I dont see the need for anybody to be conceding right or wrong here

We have NO idea what Rex Ryan's motives are in starting EJ the next game......it might mean something...it might mean he is trying to showcase him for a trade....it might mean that they are rethinking his 3rd string QB status

Just dont know yet

By the way...in the end IMO its still gonna be Tyrod Taylor

One thing that crossed my mind - when Rex said "Now nobody can say they didn't get a fair chance."

Think about that.

What does that say about what his mindset was about EJ when he made the decision to start him in this game?

I have a feeling that EJ is going to have to "really impress" in order for it to change whatever fate Rex had in mind for him.

Edited by PolishDave