EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

When they decided to play EJ because "he's earned it" kind of makes it sound like they might be second guessing themselves about the QB competition a little. Don't you think?

Perhaps they are. In my mind that is a really low percentage probability. It is too close to the season opener for me to believe that unless the competition in game day practices has been really close when the quarterbacks played with and against the ones.

I think if he was really that close, then they would be giving equal practice time with the ones. I thought I heard he wasn't getting as many snaps as the other two guys were getting with the ones.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps they are. In my mind that is a really low percentage probability. It is too close to the season opener for me to believe that unless the competition in game day practices has been really close when the quarterbacks played with and against the ones.

I think if he was really that close, then they would be giving equal practice time with the ones. I thought I heard he wasn't getting as many snaps as the other two guys were getting with the ones.

I can't say I disagree. I will say he wasn't getting as many snaps with the one's but he was always playing against the 1's whether is was when he was with scout team or with the 1's. It all depended on the drill and he was normally facing 1s when with the scout team.

Edited by The Wiz

Indy will have plenty of time to prepare...and if you are a D Coordinator, are you really scared of the Bills QBs?

nope. but a little scared of a Roman offense with all these playmakers maybe ?

I can't say I disagree. I will say he wasn't getting as many snaps with the one's but he was always playing against the 1's whether is was when he was with scout team or with the 1's. It all depended on the drill and he was normally facing 1s when with the scout team.

Didn't EJM get more total reps though?

I think Tyrod has already earned this job and we should be focusing on preparing him to start the season. More reps as the starter the better.

I don't think this is a good way to handle the QB competition.

maybe the competition is nearly over?

I dont know just tossing that into the breezes

We need more then just good deep balls.......we need throws thrown with anticipation and a qb willing to scramble for a first down when needed

That first year.....I thought that was EJ (before the coaches messed him up)

but

I just have this feeling I KNOW this is Tyrod Taylor

I really wonder if this might end up pushing Cassell to 3rd strong QB when this is all said and done.

here it is

With who?

doesnt matter.

reps are reps. Is he executing the playbook is he making the reads. does he maintain control.

does he have the full grasp of the offense and able to execute its intent?

Edited by 3rdand12

The "realist" in me thinks that's something that's been lost on many. Rex made it very hard for EJ to climb the ladder. He started slow and got put in the back of the class. But he's battled back and his majority of time with the scrubs against

The Bills' first string defense was a tougher assignment than the other two QBs had for the most part. To his credit EJ's been gritty. He seems to play his best when the pressure is on.

I agree with those who have said either TT or EJ winning the starter's role bodes the best for our long term success. Frankly I don't care which one wins out.

Go Bills.

The arrival of a brand new sports network right after the one show in town totally blows any shred of credibility would be quite the coincidence.

WGR looks like a total joke now. Every beat reporter, commentator, etc. has said EJ was clearly #3.

I admit. I wasn't at camp. I was listening to Sal (who people on here used to revere like a football God) talk about EJ clearly being #3 every day. Same with pretty much every other person on the station.

I bought it. But in the end, I'm just a fan who watches. This is their livelihood and they look like complete idiots right now.

The arrival of a brand new sports network right after the one show in town totally blows any shred of credibility would be quite the coincidence.

WGR looks like a total joke now. Every beat reporter, commentator, etc. has said EJ was clearly #3.

I admit. I wasn't at camp. I was listening to Sal (who people on here used to revere like a football God) talk about EJ clearly being #3 every day. Same with pretty much every other person on the station.

I bought it. But in the end, I'm just a fan who watches. This is their livelihood and they look like complete idiots right now.

The only one who knows anything about football at WGR is Sal. Hamilton, Schopp, Bulldog, Simon, Coller??? :lol: :lol: Even Sal was caught up in his own confirmation bias.

If all the insiders are to be believed this could be an audition for a possible trade in the near future. This for a guy who was supposedly going to be cut months ago.

But then the outsiders were spouting that Matt Cassel might be the one who is the goner before training camp started, and then once camp opened he saw a lot of reps with the first string.

Bottom line is that nobody really knows what the coaches are thinking save the coaches themselves.

If you are an EJ fan you should be somewhat torn on this start because on one hand he is getting a shot in prime time with some of the starters to show what he can do. OTOH he hasn't been getting that many reps with the ones, and is more used to playing with the scout team, and backups. I suppose a lot will depend on how well the Bills running game works, and offensive line holds up against the Steelers defense.

Anyway, I look at this as a smart move by the coaching staff to try and find out what exactly they have in EJ, and if he has developed enough in his short time under Greg Roman to be given a shot as the starting QB. I personally hope that he has, and that he plays well with the starters. The Bills need a dominate "pocket passer" with a strong arm that will eventually develop into that franchise QB.