EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

It seems somewhat psychotic that very few people seem to think it's possible for a perspective on a player to change over time, higher or lower. It's almost as if that is a foreign concept to a large portion. Think for a second that maybe, just maybe, before it actually happened, the coaches just didn't know.

Okay, I said it. It's possible that some people cannot accurately know the future.

But Kelly, Todd McShay said EJ was a wasted pick.

Todd MsShay knows the future.

Get with it.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy and Watkins and Woods have missed most of the last two weeks, plus Hogan this week. The guys playing with the ones were throwing to Goodwin, Thompson and Davis, the guys that EJ will be throwing to.

So other than Goodwin he's been playing with Thompson, Lewis and Davis since the start of camp was my point. The other two(TT and Cassel, TT has more than Cassel but don't know how much) have just started in the past 6-7ish practices.

"And" is Sammy Watkins middle name? Didn't know that. :P

Edited by The Wiz

25 pages in this thread alone, among the dozens of threads peppering this board and yet, still no resolution.

it would be difficult to imagine the number of bites that have used here in debating quarterbacks since the Flutie-Johnson era. it's a wonder the intrawebs haven't run out of space.

jw

(apologies to all for attempting to hijack what i'm certain is a gripping discussion that's added 2 replies since i began typing this)

It's not a truck you just dump something on. It's a series of tubes.

@viccarucci

Rex Ryan makes #Bills QB battle more intriguing w EJ Manuel starting vs #Steelers: http://bit.ly/1VeSDAs

EJ Manuel: "I'm Excited To Roll With The One's" (5:53)
QB EJ Manuel talks about having the opportunity to start this Saturday against Pittsburgh, his thoughts on the current status of the QB competition and more.

@viccarucci

Rex Ryan makes #Bills QB battle more intriguing w EJ Manuel starting vs #Steelers: http://bit.ly/1VeSDAs

EJ Manuel: "I'm Excited To Roll With The One's" (5:53)

Manuel’s rough camp showings, such as his one infamous heave that landed in a concession stand, and the interception and near interception he threw in the final public camp practice, have been equally hard to overlook.

3 plays define his camp in entirety. Love it.

What I think happened was that EJ actually did play clearly worse than the other two in OTAs and at the beginning of camp, and the media guys for the most part all wrote him off as a lost cause because of his accuracy problems that went back to last year. But from the scrimmage to now, EJ has gained more confidence in the offense and it has shown in his play on the field in all three tests. Being more comfortable allows him to throw win more authority and accuracy. He still misses too many and the media guys harp on that. But the coaches and a lot of fans noticed it and saw the improvement.

The media guys refused to allow the improvement to enter their equation or narrative and they thought it wouldn't matter as much. But the coaches see things differently than fans or media guys see. And they liked what EJ did a lot, especially the mettle he showed in the Browns game. The media guys just wouldn't accept that as anything more than playing against the threes. But the coaches have a different perspective and reasons for doing what they do.

+1 I agree, but its up to EJ to show that he can keep doing it which I hope he does.

Edited by Protocal69

I love how EJ is shining in this competition. Wouldn't surprise me if we see his best game of his career this week.

It'd be great if it happened, that's for sure. We need one of the young guys to develop into a franchise guy for the future.

Where's Leroi??

:bag:

From the Chris Brown Link on BB.com

Ryan admitted that Manuel’s performance in the Cleveland game influenced his decision to start him against Pittsburgh along with his belief that Manuel’s start in the scrimmage wasn’t a true starting opportunity.

“EJ has always gotten reps with the threes and twos and now it’s his shot to get reps with the ones as well,” said Ryan. “I feel good about that.”

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Agreed...I think this is Rex and Roman acknowledging that EJ has improved and fully understanding he has arm ability the other two do not...So this is their way of saying...OK kid...Go out there and win the job...And if not they know they are AOK with TT...Or even Cassel...Though admittedly I'm not a big Cassel guy... B-)

Tyrod has a very strong arm. We shouldn't lump him in with MC in terms of arm strength.