EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

No, those were just the 3 jewels in his crown of mediocrity. :w00t:

(Even if it was a hospitality tent the poster was referencing and not a "concession stand").

Well, he did look nice in that game winning drive against...players who will not be playing in the NFL in a few weeks.

You know, like me. I bet EJ would complete a lot of passes on me too.

:lol:

With players who will not be playing in the NFL in a few weeks but that doesn't matter. I'm sure Kupper is an all pro center that just snaps it everywhere you can to the QB to keep them on their toes.

One thing that crossed my mind - when Rex said "Now nobody can say they didn't get a fair chance."

Think about that.

What does that say about what his mindset was about EJ when he made the decision to start him in this game?

Exactly how it sounds. Everyone got a chance with the 1s. When Rex said "you guys are reading too much into it"

Think about that.

What does that say?

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already stated that was not a victory lap. That was merely my sarcastic reaction to everyone's overreaction to the first preseason in game in which he was OK. But yeah, I don't think it's happening for the guy. I'm on record as saying it's not happening so I'll own that. He's not starting week 1 unless he plays the game of his life and both Taylor and Cassel implode. You can take that to the bank. You really think that if they're all "meh" on Saturday that EJ will start week 1? Well that's what the dude implied by saying he's in the lead. That is not the case, I can assure you. He needs to step up. I hope he does, contrary to the opinion expressed in many posts in this thread that I am rooting against him or I will be upset if he does well, etc. I'm a Bills fan man. Just like you. I've been to at least one home Bills game every year since 1985 and I've lived in Denver for the last 13 years. My family had seasons from 86-95 and I went to every playoff game in that span. I haven't not watched a Bills game since- I have no idea, the mid 80's? I've been to over ten Bills road games. I've never rooted against one Bills player ever. I just want to win man. I promise.

Cheers :beer: I haven't missed one since I was old enough to remember (1990) either. Go Bills!

Trying to figure out what to make of this. Is EJ seriously still in the hunt to be the opening day starter? Is it really still a 3 QB race? Is it just a nice gesture to EJ for his hard work and solid drive against Cleveland? Maybe a smokescreen to throw off the Colts preparation? None of the above? All of the above?

I'm admittedly perplexed.

so its working ?

One thing that crossed my mind - when Rex said "Now nobody can say they didn't get a fair chance."

Think about that.

What does that say about what his mindset was about EJ when he made the decision to start him?

People should stop trying to put their subjective interpretive lenses on everything Rex says and instead take things at face value. Open QB competition with all three of Cassel, Taylor, and Manuel getting a fair shake.

I support this 100%. I don't care what the circumstances were last week; bottom line, he got the job done when it counted. Now let's see what he can do to build on it.

If he looks really good + better than the other QB's, he can take the driver's seat.

If he's not too impressive + the other QB's look better, he can keep a seat on the bench.

If he sh#$'s the bed, he can pack his bags.

I dont see the need for anybody to be conceding right or wrong here

We have NO idea what Rex Ryan's motives are in starting EJ the next game......it might mean something...it might mean he is trying to showcase him for a trade....it might mean that they are rethinking his 3rd string QB status

Just dont know yet

By the way...in the end IMO its still gonna be Tyrod Taylor

This. He's giving him the opportunity to play with the 1st team in a PS game like he has the other 2. Originally he thought the intra-squad scrimmage was enough, but that didn't really make sense. I am sure they have a leader in the clubhouse. But all 3 will play with the ones, so he's giving him the start to be fair but it's not like the other 2 are with the twos and threes. Edited by YoloinOhio

Think about that.

What does that say about what his mindset was about EJ when he made the decision to start him in this game?

I have a feeling that EJ is going to have to "really impress" in order for it to change whatever fate Rex had in mind for him.

He also said "EJ earned the start."

Think about that....

Now, think harder.

People should stop trying to put their subjective interpretive lenses on everything Rex says and instead take things at face value. Open QB competition with all three of Cassel, Taylor, and Manuel getting a fair shake.

Okay hypocrite. :thumbsup:

Open QB competition between all 3 - I think the decision in that open competition was made about a week ago. I doubt this changes anything. I suppose it is possible. But whoever they are thinking of starting right now would have to lay an egg and EJ would have to really play his best football.

Open QB competition between all 3 - I think the decision in that open competition was made about a week ago. I doubt this changes anything. I suppose it is possible. But whoever they are thinking of starting right now would have to lay an egg and EJ would have to really play his best football.

Name calling doesn't buttress your argument or POV in any way. But have at it.

And that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. When they decided to play EJ because "he's earned it" kind of makes it sound like they might be second guessing themselves about the QB competition a little. Don't you think?

Edited by The Wiz

And that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. When they decided to play EJ because "he's earned it" kind of makes it sound like they might be second guessing themselves about the QB competition a little. Don't you think?

Thanks. I thought I wasn't allowed to have one here unless I think this means EJ has won the starting job for week 1.

EJ says to all that doubt him "Deez Nutz"! :lol:

Yeah, man. Like 25% of my gut tells me it's EJM, but then 35% of my gut says to me "no way, it's Cassel". And then outta nowhere, I get this feeling way deep down that says "hey man, get real...it's Tyrod". And get this, that feeling was 40%!

See! You applied percentages to it, and they look a lot like mine! I'm really glad you learned something today :thumbsup: