Fan Advisory Board - I'm gonna be on John Murphy Show

Wednesday or Thursday to review what was discussed yesterday, and the F.A.B. in general.

The meeting was held at yesterday's camp session. My pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/jacob.rosen.35/media_set?set=a.1029077130449360.1073741833.100000412489023&type=3&pnref=story

I still like my idea of a charity style game at a local high school for the training camp scrimmage, the blue vs. white.

Have a local high school host this, a different one every year. Maybe even use some of the high school students or graduates to come back and help practice. It'd be great for coaches to work with the staff of an NFL team.

It'd just be great!!!!

I still like my idea of a charity style game at a local high school for the training camp scrimmage, the blue vs. white.

Have a local high school host this, a different one every year. Maybe even use some of the high school students or graduates to come back and help practice. It'd be great for coaches to work with the staff of an NFL team.

It'd just be great!!!!

and i again will say East Rochester. They are just redoing the field so this year was out. But wow all the folks who were doing SJF would be in walking distance. they would have to police the Fairport road from us gawkers, stopping and driving over the curbs and lawns to get a better looksee

See if you can work in mentioning Beerball or Gugny.

Example,

"As part of the improvements we have added bathrooms so no one ends up Gugnying themselves."

"The rules on alcohol are simple when it comes to crossing the road, you don't want to spill your beerball and break it."

See if you can work in mentioning Beerball or Gugny.

Example,

"As part of the improvements we have added bathrooms so no one ends up Gugnying themselves."

"The rules on alcohol are simple when it comes to crossing the road, you don't want to spill your beerball and break it."

The meeting already was you freaking gugny.

Any updates from the meeting, or are you making everyone wait for the radio show?

OK here are a few highlights:

• This season gate 3 will have walk through metal detectors rather than manual wanding. Expect this pilot to lead to all gates having this next season. Measurements show manual wanding passes 6 people/minute. Walk-through passes 20.
  • Those who attended the 1st preseason game surely noticed that beers were served in the can rather than poured into cups. Enabled by improved fan behavior, this helps to:
    • speed purchases
    • keep beer colder
    • reduce spillage

Note that caps will still not be given with waters. This is an NFL best-practice, to keep bottles from being sealed and used as projectiles

• Wi-Fi update: Improvements implemented. Next game will be a bigger test with larger attendance. The known challenge is to get access to lowest rows of lower bowl without interfering with on-field communications
  • Playoff ticket email: Mandated by NFL due to challenge of selling wild-card game tickets on short notice. Signing up does not charge the card in any way, but does give discount for wild-card game (if we have one) so that seat cost is average of season ticket price (so if your season ticket costs $750, the wild-card price would be $75 - less than a gold-level game). Sign-up ends 9/6. Once it's time to pay for playoff tickets, you will be able to contact your ticket rep to work out payment details (account balance vs credit card vs cash etc).

Others areas discussed include Bills Bucks, NFL Game Pass, team-run fantasy leagues, tobacco policy. I'll post a link once the podcast is online.

1. Simple solution to WiFi. When the opponent has the ball everyone gets WiFi, when we have it you are SoL. It's "The Patriot Way"

2. Giving out beer cans is going to end badly, and soon.

OK here are a few highlights:

• This season gate 3 will have walk through metal detectors rather than manual wanding. Expect this pilot to lead to all gates having this next season. Measurements show manual wanding passes 6 people/minute. Walk-through passes 20.
  • Those who attended the 1st preseason game surely noticed that beers were served in the can rather than poured into cups. Enabled by improved fan behavior, this helps to:
    • speed purchases
    • keep beer colder
    • reduce spillage

Note that caps will still not be given with waters. This is an NFL best-practice, to keep bottles from being sealed and used as projectiles

• Wi-Fi update: Improvements implemented. Next game will be a bigger test with larger attendance. The known challenge is to get access to lowest rows of lower bowl without interfering with on-field communications
  • Playoff ticket email: Mandated by NFL due to challenge of selling wild-card game tickets on short notice. Signing up does not charge the card in any way, but does give discount for wild-card game (if we have one) so that seat cost is average of season ticket price (so if your season ticket costs $750, the wild-card price would be $75 - less than a gold-level game). Sign-up ends 9/6. Once it's time to pay for playoff tickets, you will be able to contact your ticket rep to work out payment details (account balance vs credit card vs cash etc).

Others areas discussed include Bills Bucks, NFL Game Pass, team-run fantasy leagues, tobacco policy. I'll post a link once the podcast is online.

How about an organ, or at least a flipping recording of an organ doing the Let's Go Buffalo thing like they do for the Sabres. You own all the teams, get it together man!

It CAN be done there is visual evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR1effC-UY4

We don't need any prep or to even be told you're planning it. Just play the damned notes. Everybody knows what to do after that.. Hell, put speakers in the parking lot and pump it out at random intervals during tailgating.

D-D-C-C-D

E-E-D-D-E

F-F-D#-D#-F

DOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIT!

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

How about an organ, or at least a flipping recording of an organ doing the Let's Go Buffalo thing like they do for the Sabres. You own all the teams, get it together man!

It CAN be done there is visual evidence.

We don't need any prep or to even be told you're planning it. Just play the damned notes. Everybody knows what to do after that.. Hell, put speakers in the parking lot and pump it out at random intervals during tailgating.

D-D-C-C-D

E-E-D-D-E

F-F-D#-D#-F

DOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIT!

+1

2. Giving out beer cans is going to end badly, and soon.

Oh boy, do I ever agree. I guess the only saving grace is really should not be many around late in the 4th.

On a positive note, not as easy to spill/throw at someone, so amount of people getting soaked , even accident oh, maybe declines significantly?

On a positive note, not as easy to spill/throw at someone, so amount of people getting soaked , even accident oh, maybe declines significantly?

I think there will be a major reduction in spillage...it was always a balancing act carrying full open cups of brew around, even if you weren't drunk.

I think there will be a major reduction in spillage...it was always a balancing act carrying full open cups of brew around, even if you weren't drunk.

I am in seats 5&6 for seasons this year , and did not buy the padded seats as I figured if one beer spilled on them, be nasty rest of game. And being close to aisle, figured chance for spillage was pretty high.

Maybe will get them now. Plus , as I asked upthread, be great if at halftime, have beers ready in the concession stands would make sense...I have to believe this will speed up time in one of these guys lines by like 80%. Awesome!

Edited by plenzmd1

I go back to '73 at then-Rich Stadium and I'm trying to remember if the Bills ever sold beer through vendors in the stands. My old, feeble mind doesn't think so. Can any of the old-timers recall?

I go back to '73 at then-Rich Stadium and I'm trying to remember if the Bills ever sold beer through vendors in the stands. My old, feeble mind doesn't think so. Can any of the old-timers recall?

Yes, I think so...even up through the early 90s. The cups would have plastic lids on them (like a soft drink).

Yes, I think so...even up through the early 90s. The cups would have plastic lids on them (like a soft drink).

Damn, i am having a hard time remembering this.Maybe they were more expensive so we also went to the concession stand??/

The lids seem to bring something back. My earliest recollection of buying beer in the stadium is the 36oz jumbos they used to sell in the late 70's.