is Ray Rice coming to Buffalo for a look-see?

There is no reason whatsoever to bring Rice in. All five guys are going to be back for the regular season and one or more of those five are going to be released. It would be a distraction not needed and wouldn't help the team.

But think about the advantage we would have in that all-important 4th preseason game!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean I respect your opinions. I know you have been on here a long time also, but I just can't agree. I think we should look at all of the crimes, indiscretions of players and the league should be uniform in punishments. Hitting a women is wrong we all know that, howeverif Michael Vick is respected today by the league and players would he be reformed if he never was given the opportunity for a second chance? For the record I thought Vick's crime was so gross.

I think you misunderstood my post. I was simply providing pointed social commentary on the sad state of the public's attention span, vis-a-vis the sound-bite. "shiny thing" focus of today's sports media.

Or something like that.

can we discuss why all of our players have hamstring and knee injuries? hamstring injuries are most often caused by lack of stretching. could also be due to an imbalance in the leg muscles (players are working out their quads and not their glutes and hams). also deyhydration plays a part, as well as possibly the field conditions. at the rate our guys are getting hurt i'm going to say that they aren't being trained correctly and that many of these injuries could have been avoided

Edited by kdiggz

can we discuss why all of our players have hamstring and knee injuries? hamstring injuries are most often caused by lack of stretching. could also be due to an imbalance in the leg muscles (players are working out their quads and not their glutes). also deyhydration plays a part as well as possibly field conditions. at the rate our guys are getting hurt i'm going to say that they aren't being trained correctly and that many of these injuries could have been avoided

how many hamstrings is this now? i havent kept close track...

how many hamstrings is this now? i havent kept close track...

Hard to keep track because there has been so many! Seems like every practice there are players going down with injuries. That's an alarming rate if you ask me. Especially since most of them are non contact injuries

Hard to keep track because there has been so many! Seems like every practice there are players going down with injuries. That's an alarming rate if you ask me. Especially since most of them are non contact injuries

its tough to call an alarming rate, without a gauge on what the actual rate is....

It was a punch, he didn't continue to beat her afterwards. Probably a snap reaction. Have you or anyone else heard of a similar incident from Rice?

It was a punch that knocked her out to the extent he had to drag her out of the elevator.

Or, more likely, she intentionally didn't get up for fear he'd punch her again.

Like I said...take some time to read up on the makeup of men who beat women, and the women who let themselves get beaten. It won't take much for you to see why defending Rice's actions in hopes he'll carry the rock for your team is probably ill-advised.

So you think Mrs. Rice in addition to being hit should be punished financially. Makes no sense to me.

Hahaha.

Ray Rice's career being over is not a financial punishment. It's the reality of a league where the average career of a running back is just barely over 3 years.

But your faux concern over the woman's well-being is admirable.

Edited by Pondslider

its tough to call an alarming rate, without a gauge on what the actual rate is....

according to this article, each team can count on 5-6 hamstring injuries per season: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sportsdoc/Hamstring-injuries-frequency-re-injury-and-length-of-recovery.html

current Bills that are out with hamstring injuries:

1. McCoy

2. Watkins

3. Bryce Brown

4. Fred Jackson

5. Robert Woods

Goodwin and Hogan have had hamstring issues as well but are back out there

Edited by kdiggz

according to this article, each team can count on 5-6 hamstring injuries per season. current Bills that are out with hamstring injuries:

1. McCoy

2. Watkins

3. Bryce Brown

4. Fred Jackson

5. Robert Woods

Goodwin and Hogan have had hamstring issues as well but are back out there

its a good size list. id be curious behind the scenes to know how many are serious enough that they would cause missed time in the regular season (as i assume thats what the 5-6 average is referring to)

I have really not had a problem with any of the players the bills have taken a chance on......

Ray Rice would have been the first.....their is video of him KNOCKING A GIRL OUT AND DRAGGING HER OUT OF AN ELEVATOR

This guy should be behind bars....not getting paid to play a game.

I agree with this.

I dont think he should ever play the game again

CBF

its a good size list. id be curious behind the scenes to know how many are serious enough that they would cause missed time in the regular season (as i assume thats what the 5-6 average is referring to)

that's true. it's also interesting that all of the players are on offense. are the offensive guys doing different workouts than the defense? very curious. hopefully someone at OBD is looking into this

YES PLEASE! Its about time just hope he is in shape-i dont expect football shape but he can get there in 3 weeks

I absolutely hate the guy....but we are pretty depleted at the RB position right now. Get him in then get him out.

Why hate? He took his punishment and then some. Im not for hitting women but theres always more to a story and he took his lumps and never devulged the other side.

We are quickly becoming the team of second chances. I am totally good with it. I think many of these players appreciate, now more than ever, the chance to play again. They know that one more stupid act on their part and it will be all over.

YES PLEASE! Its about time just hope he is in shape-i dont expect football shape but he can get there in 3 weeks

Why hate? He took his punishment and then some. Im not for hitting women but theres always more to a story and he took his lumps and never devulged the other side.

Unfortunate wording considering it was the woman who got punched in the face. The video shows the other side. There's never justification.

Considering our top 5 RBs are injured, I'd at least explore Ray Rice.

I agree that hitting a woman like he did is inexcusable. But, to the best of my knowledgeable, it's not a pattern of behavior.

I would certainly hate to be judged on the worst moment of my life. I think most of us would. Fortunately, most of us don't have that moment recorded and broadcast on national TV.

The Ray Rice that hit his fiance/wife that day is despicable. I'd like to find out if he's the same man today. She insists he's a different man than we all think.