Exhibition Week 1 - Panthers vs. Bills

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not complaining. But clearly Rex is trying succeeding MUCH harder to win this game than most of the past BB coaches.

Fixed it.

I'm not complaining. It get the fans, and probably even the team pumped. As long as it doesn't result in any major injuries, and they get the work they need to get done---I'm all good. But let's face it,. The Bills are going for this (a "meaningless win") much harder than most teams in presason.

Let TT be himself. He runs a sub 4.5. Be a shame not to run. He't not a run only guy. He will keep his eyes downfield. He just doesn't have any issue gashing you with his legs if you give him the option. He also tends not to get smoked when tackled. Very elusive guy. Closest comparison is Vick when he was with Atlanta. TT isn't as athletic as Vick but it almost doesn't matter when you reach TT's level of athleticism. His maturity and experience are better than Vick. I also think Vick intended on running, didn't even consider options downfield at times. That was his downfall. I feel TT starts pass at all times. If he runs, he has a good feel for the pocket, either exploding out decisively or slowly moving around and keeping his eyes downfield. Big play machine.

Edited by KzooMike

So, I'm relatively pleased with Cassel and Tyrod's performance. Cassel did all the save passes well, executed the offense. Tyrod, I would like to see more passing out of him, seems he makes one read and takes off, BUT, he moves the chains so can't complain too much. Run blocking looks much improved, even if is just pre-season. Karlos is exciting, but Brown had a couple very very nice runs. I'd hate to see Fred or Boobie get released, but I could see it.

Also... did Goodwin injure himself taking a knee!??!? :lol:

That's been my major take-away as well so far. The line of scrimmage has been reestablished 1-2 yards deep on the defensive side of the ball consistently. Miller has been a sweet breath of fresh air.

I was unsure if he's been playing the whole half, but if he has... he's been damned good, seems to be very solid blocking on that side, whereas when the backups came in on the left side, it fell apart.

I'm not complaining. It get the fans, and probably even the team pumped. As long as it doesn't result in any major injuries, and they get the work they need to get done---I'm all good. But let's face it,. The Bills are going for this (a "meaningless win") much harder than most teams in presason.

I get your point, but man we are making this look easy.

That's been my major take-away as well so far. The line of scrimmage has been reestablished 1-2 yards deep on the defensive side of the ball consistently. Miller has been a sweet breath of fresh air.

Too bad that Incognito wasn't ready to go tonight. Would have been great to see the full starting line.

Not complaining. But clearly Rex is trying MUCH harder to win this game than most of the past BB coaches.

I don't know about that. Prior teams had a hard time getting a first down. This is good

People are saying miller is looking good. how is the rest of the oline looking? I don't have access to the game

Starting line, imo, looked really good, even with Urbik out there. Had productive runs, solid protection for Cassel, and Tyrod (early).

So, I'm relatively pleased with Cassel and Tyrod's performance. Cassel did all the save passes well, executed the offense. Tyrod, I would like to see more passing out of him, seems he makes one read and takes off, BUT, he moves the chains so can't complain too much. Run blocking looks much improved, even if is just pre-season. Karlos is exciting, but Brown had a couple very very nice runs. I'd hate to see Fred or Boobie get released, but I could see it.

Also... did Goodwin injure himself taking a knee!??!? :lol:

I was unsure if he's been playing the whole half, but if he has... he's been damned good, seems to be very solid blocking on that side, whereas when the backups came in on the left side, it fell apart.

Cassel with safe short stuff as expected. Can he excel against 8 and 9 man fronts? Tyrod is still primarily a runaround QB who has to prove his worth from the pocket. Cannot consistently sustain offense like that in the NFL. Can EJ be consistent enough to complement the Bills' run game under Roman? Three question marks at QB.

Taylor has looked good. Thrown some nice balls that the starters probably bring in.

Really? I saw him lock in to his receiver twice and once stood there like a statue totally oblivious to the rush. Fast feet will do you know good if you have no sense of the pocket. This guy is a wildcat QB.

I liked what I've seen from Cassel and Taylor. I like to see what Taylor can do with the first team as his first two drives were very impressive. Darby did not look well so far, I hope he improves quickly, otherwise I can see Andrew Luck picking on him big time in Week 1. I also hope Dan Carpenter will be ready for Week 1 as Gay had a bad FG miss.

TT has as many yards rushing as he does passing. I worry that won't work vs good defenses let alone second team defenses

That's the issue with run-first QB's.

As Tasker, in one of his rare good moments tonight, pointed out; in situations where the defense can force the QB to run to it's own advantage, a run-first QB is poisonous to an offense.