Geno Smith Punched, Jaw Broken, Out 6-10 Wks

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't see a finger in the vicinity of my face as provocation?

I'm no stranger to a good scrap on the rugby field but it's always been something pretty dangerous that started those.

You do not put your finger in a grown mans face. Especially one that looks like this iklvnbutehuueybgeoui guy.

Edited by Juice_32

Very true, but this may actually help the jets. I think Fitz is probably better than Geno.

I don't get this sentiment at all. As of last season, Fitz has a career winning percentage of .376--which is the lowest of any QB who has started 60+ games since the AFL-NFL merger.

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't see a finger in the vicinity of my face as provocation?

I'm no stranger to a good scrap on the rugby field but it's always been something pretty dangerous that started those.

To me, it would not get me all that riled at all. But I have seen a LOT of hotheads get completely out of whack when guys do that to them, so it's surely offensive to a large chunk of the male quick-trigger population. It's almost like a B word-slap which pisses some guys off more than a harder punch.

There isn't much that really calls for punching someone in the face but with that being said...I don't go around poking peoples faces because I don;t want to get punched.

@caplannfl: Should #Jets decide to sign a QB, best available: M. Vick, M. Flynn, R. Grossman, B. Quinn, J. Skelton, T. Edwards, T. Thigpen, C. Hanie.

Thigpen! Chan! It's meant to be.

Not sure what is scarier...the fact that this is a crappy list of available QBs...or that 3 wore Bills Jerseys....and a few of the others at one point of time were rumored to be coming to Buffalo...

Yeah, I'm with you.

An argument, even with a finger in the face, isn't provocation to punch somebody. A finger to the face might provoke a shove, or a "you best get your finger out of my face!", but to straight out deck the guy mid-argument? What world do you guys live in who don't think this is a "sucker punch?"

That being said, :lol: at the Jets.

To me, it would not get me all that riled at all. But I have seen a LOT of hotheads get completely out of whack when guys do that to them, so it's surely offensive to a large chunk of the male quick-trigger population. It's almost like a B word-slap which pisses some guys off more than a harder punch.

I've reacted to being punched or tackled dangerously. That makes sense to me.

I've slapped a few hands away from my face and nothing has escalated from that. Maybe I should stop treating players like people.

I think they could put him on IR designated to return but that would put him out a good chunk of time.

6-8 weeks at least. And like someone stated, no solid food in the mean time. Can't the Jets place Geno on the 8 game IR? Or the 16 game IR? And I do think its the best thing for the Jets. The sooner they get playing time for Bryce Petty to evaluate, the better for them

Edited by Pete

Without the context, sure, a finger in the face is provocation.

But it's a chickenschit move to coldcock somebody afterward. Totally gutless. If he had punched him while the finger was in the face, that's one thing, but he pu$$ied out. Glad the Jest wasted no time in cutting him.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, I'm with you.

An argument, even with a finger in the face, isn't provocation to punch somebody. A finger to the face might provoke a shove, or a "you best get your finger out of my face!", but to straight out deck the guy mid-argument? What world do you guys live in who don't think this is a "sucker punch?"

That being said, :lol: at the Jets.

The guy got arrested for assaulting a police officer 4 years ago. I'm guessing he's not the sharpest tool in the box to begin with.

I think they could put him on IR designated to return but that would put him out a good chunk of time.

Still a problem--if anyone else gets an injury they'd have to go on season-ending IR.

The rules state:

During each season a club will be permitted to return one player from the Reserve/Injured List to its 53-player Active/Inactive List. Such player must have suffered a major football-related injury (defined as an injury that renders the player physically unable to practice or play football for a period of at least six weeks [42 calendar days] from the date that the injury occurred) after reporting to training camp and must have been placed on Reserve/Injured after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Tuesday after the final roster reduction. A player who is eligible to return must be noted as "Designated for Return" at the time the player is placed on Reserve.