Geno Smith Punched, Jaw Broken, Out 6-10 Wks

I do not believe you. No better than Orton or Cassel and certainly no upside. He has always had a few good games, a nice streak here and there, but in the end, he always come back to level, which is mediocre.

Again, semantics. Yes he is a below average starting QB. He's probably a bottom five starting QB. But he is a top 32 QB. Do we have one of those?? And I definitely think he is better than Orton was last year and Cassel is right now. He certainly was from 2009-2012 with us. And this is the best team he's ever played on. I guess we'll see.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were arguing over the works of Jane Austin vs Clive Cussler

Apparently Ik argued that Austen's plots, though fundamentally comic, highlight the dependence of women on marriage to secure social standing and economic security.

​Geno, a staunch feminist, took umbrage to this, and the rest is history.

Edited by Fadingpain

Point of order, getting punched in that scenario is not a sucker punch. A sucker punch is tapping a guy on the shoulder and dropping him when he turns around, not when the guy is already in your face. That's just a knockout.

Agreed.

Very true, but this may actually help the jets. I think Fitz is probably better than Geno.

This. I don't understand the Fitz haters here. I wouldn't argue that Fitz is good, but I think a strong case could be made that the Jets got an upgrade. Let's see what happened last time we played geno...Bills win 38-3, Geno gets benched for Vick.

And the time before that? Geno goes 2-8 with 3 picks before getting benched for Vick, Bills win 43-23.

Anyone want to guess what happened the last time we played against Fitz?

I've gotta say, Rex is the BEST coach we have ever had. I can't imagine Marrone leaving a sleeper agent on his former team to strike. That combined with Rex's masterful manipulation of the League office, all he needs to do is get Tannehill out now and he'll guarantee 1st place in the AFCE. Tannehill must be watching his back real close.

Edited by jeremy2020

If Cassel starts, we will have started 3 Qbs that have started for 4 different teams in 3 years. I don't know why we haven't made the playoffs in 15 years. :)

This story is nuts. I always take training camp reports with a grain of salt but he apparently was playing well. This seems like some legal action might be coming.

Check that math homey. Since 2012:

Cassel, MIN, BUF, KC (3)

Orton, DAL, BUF (4)

EJ, BUF (4)

Tuel, BUF (4)

Thad, CLE, BUF (5)

Fitz, BUF, TEN, HOU, NYJ (8)

In four years, the Bills could potentially start six QB's who--counting the Bills--will have starts with eight different teams.