Aussiew is moving "home"

aussiew

No, not Australia....but a close 2nd....WNY! I have sold my house in Plano, TX and bought one in Rochester, 14621. I'm beyond excited and already have my season tix. My son Matt and his gf Kaitlin are escaping TX as well and will be staying at my place until his commerical building in Midland, TX is sold.

Will be driving up with my dogs and arriving about 8/26. Cowgirls fan is driving up with me to keep me awake then she will fly home. Glad someone could ride with me...it's a long bloody way.

i CAN'T WAIT! 1ST STOP? Wegmans and any pizza place for some decent wings.

See you soon!!!

Edited by aussiew

No, not Australia....but a close 2nd....WNY! I have sold my house in Plano, TX and bought one in Rochester, 14621. I'm beyond excited and already have my season tix. My son Matt and his gf Kaitlin are escaping TX as well and will be staying at my place until his commerical building in Midland, TX is sold.

Will be driving up with my dogs and arriving about 8/26. Cowgirls fan is driving up with me to keep me awake then she will fly home. Glad someone could ride with me...it's a long bloody way.

See you soon!!!

First stop-snowshovel then start saving for TAXES welcome to NYS

See you soon!!!

escaping Texas?

See you soon!!!

LIKE!!!!

Melbourne's been cold this winter, but I'm sure you're about to find out what colds like again.

She isn't moving to Iowa. WNY is about the snow. Temperature wise it has a tempered climate. What she gains by leaving the heat, IMO blows away the little cold she will deal with. For real... heat sucks worse than 20 below!

She isn't moving to Iowa. WNY is about the snow. Temperature wise it has a tempered climate. What she gains by leaving the heat, IMO blows away the little cold she will deal with. For real... heat sucks worse than 20 below!

Rochester is not nearly as bad as the South towns, and Syracuse has been winning the annual golden snowflake award the last few years.

:beer:

Just make sure you're not in the Rosen neighborhood.

Hey!

Rochester is not nearly as bad as the South towns, and Syracuse has been winning the annual golden snowflake award the last few years.

Hey!

I see that Lowell & Boston, MA cracked into the big 3: Erie, Syracuse, & BFLO.

Finally... It feels good to lose! ;-) But you are right... Rochester, not nearly as hard core snow. Heck, Batavia is 40 miles inland and even the growing season is shifted away from the BFLO/S.Towns micro-climate.

Like everywhere, great people just not the place for me.

I guess you have never been to New England. ?? Exact opposite. Gr8 geography sucky (sorry to offend all the good ones) people. New England would be a gr8 place if you could just drop a neutron bomb over Boston, MA as the epicenter and have the bomb weaken as it goes north, west to east (270-90 degrees) to the Quebec/New Brunswick line (Sorry 4mer). Keep the same intensity as the epicenter below the x axis towards the eastern seaboard.

Oh boy... This post is gonna be like a neutron bomb! :-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I'm no longer there, but

Bermuda "grass"

Way too hot

Way too much sameness

Way too far from anyplace to take a quick weekend trip

Like everywhere, great people just not the place for me.

I like Central Texas better. You've got the great parts of the Hill Country, San Antonio, small Texas towns, and even the coast close enough for a weekend trip. =)

We were just there for a week and my wife shocked me by saying she could retire there but only if we had a place in the Caribbean for the winters. LOL.

Nothing wrong with being snowbirds as long as bird does not fly to Florida for winter.

My wife has said something similar about WNY being acceptable in summer but of course we need to figure how to deal with healthcare and taxes and current lack of job is not helping increase retirement coffer.