Chris Williams released

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never let it be said that I do not acknowledge when I am wrong. Not sure which thread I proclaimed Williams would be back with a vengeance after a years rest and surgery. Well I really nailed that one! :oops: Can't hit a home run every time. F Brady!

By the way.....I adore Doug Whaley......

BUT

You are 0 for 2 on free agent offensive linemen.......you draft like a genious.....but someone else needs to handle the free agent offensive linemen

I'm too lazy to look it up but wasn't a Whaley a pro personnel guy at Pittsburgh?

But I'm not throwing Whaley under the bus. Everyone swings and misses sometimes.

All player moves are calculated risks with a chance of failure. I'm hoping with Incognito, Whaley will improve to 1 for 3.

I'm hoping with Incognito, Whaley will improve to 1 for 3.

The only certainty is that 80% of the people who liked the Incognito signing will slag Whaley's evaluation skills if Richie doesn't come through.

Not many mirrors around when players don't live up to expectations...

Even the casual Bills fan pegged chris williams correctly that he sucked prior to signing.

Whaley went full derp on this one.

There was never going to be a boom though.

The casual fan saw his PFF rating from the prior year and knew nothing more. Plus, he was derailed by injury, which wasn't part of the casual fan's assessment. The casual fan didn't know ****.

I think we are all missing the most important significance of this. We are now down to 6 total Williams, and 1 is a udfa DE. Could be 5 soon, and the number of "Browns" is starting to close in with 3.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Gotta give Chris credit right there!

Not sure i agree JR, i think this was a Whaley thing. 1st round pick needs a new environment and Marrone was a genius O line Coordinator coach obviously. What could go wrong?

You probably are right. I can't recall our efforts to get a FA guard and what the market was like.

The casual fan saw his PFF rating from the prior year and knew nothing more. Plus, he was derailed by injury, which wasn't part of the casual fan's assessment. The casual fan didn't know ****.

Yeah, but more than a casual fan saw the PFF grade and also knew he was a washout 1st round pick and his second team wasn't in the bidding for him to come back as a premium FA. They were willing to bring him back at the vet minimum or slightly above, which is where his true value was.

I will say it again

I did not see OG that was aweful when he was healthy......I actually thought he played like a low tier starter.......and you really saw it when he went down

but

His injury history has to be brought into consideration here......and Chris had a loooooong injury history

He wasnt even going to start on this team.....they love John Miller too much

You probably are right. I can't recall our efforts to get a FA guard and what the market was like.

I honestly dont recall either.

but i was not thrilled with the Williams pick up. Or how the line was handled pre season. then it just got worse.

This year is probably the most hopeful one since Levitre and Chas Rhiengold left

And a different situation. Incognito is on a vet minimum, one-year deal. Still a problem if he doesn't play well, but not nearly the same cap risk.

Right! Williams was treated( paid) as a dependable starter

Edited by 3rdand12