Chris Williams released

History has shown that Rex takes a back seat to his GM, so I don't see this as being possible.

Rex worked more in tandem IIRC with Tannenbaum, who acquired/drafted CB's to fit Rex's defense and built a run heavy offense. When Idzik took over, I don't think he listened to Rex and the result was extremely bad. That's not to say Rex is a personnel expert...he's a HC...but his strategy was better than Whaley's was in 2013-14, which was disjointed.

At this point in their careers, Rex is the more proven commodity and Whaley is still proving himself. An earlier poster referred to Buffalo as a "collaborative" process. Well, that's merely a conflation of every GM-HC relationship. I don't think anyone can say this team isn't being built in Rex's image, because it sure as heck isn't Whaley's design.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex worked more in tandem IIRC with Tannenbaum, who acquired/drafted CB's to fit Rex's defense and built a run heavy offense. When Idzik took over, I don't think he listened to Rex and the result was extremely bad. That's not to say Rex is a personnel expert...he's a HC...but his strategy was better than Whaley's was in 2013-14, which was disjointed.

At this point in their careers, Rex is the more proven commodity and Whaley is still proving himself. An earlier poster referred to Buffalo as a "collaborative" process. Well, that's merely a conflation of every GM-HC relationship. I don't think anyone can say this team isn't being built in Rex's image, because it sure as heck isn't Whaley's design.

Where is this coming from? Strong defense, tough team, running game is exactly what Whaley has preached since becoming the GM.

Where is this coming from? Strong defense, tough team, running game is exactly what Whaley has preached since becoming the GM.

Yeah, his post makes zero sense. Whaley is from Pittsburgh. But because we drafted a cb in the 2nd round it's Rex's team?

yup, throw in some hr threat wrs, and if EJ works out hes the big strong mobile qb.

its incredibly easy to see the parallels, even if the important piece (qb) hasnt worked out yet.

Solid move to save some space for next season. The Bills are pushing up against the cap next year so getting almost 4 million on next years cap should allow the Bills to retain more talent. However I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills bringing in a veteran guard. Of course at this point in the process there won't be much out there but right now they have Urbik, InCog, and Miller. They should bring in someone else (Maybe a cap casualty or a middling veteran).

History has shown that Rex takes a back seat to his GM, so I don't see this as being possible.

Yes and look where that got him with the Jets!

I bet they are on the same page and thats why Rex was sold on the Bills> he has 100% support in his vision for the team