Tired of Deflategate

You think they would stand on that principle if it was just that, and accept a four game suspension because of the principal. Ha. Not a chance.

Right. That seems like as good a chance as any to prove their innocence, but they declined.

Reading about this investigation just reminds me about how much cheating there is in the NFL. In this instance, burying my head in the sand seems like a good idea. I just want to watch football and believe that it's all fair.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It's the spirit of the law versus the letter of the law.

if the rule is turn over your documents when asked for them, why should the nfl have "spirit of the rule" any more than a variety of other offenses that are simple transgressions with a predetermined outcome?

if the nfl REALLY thinks you have proof you get suspended, but if they only kind of do then you dont? why dont we just as easily assume gostowskis phone has the smoking gun due to his refusal?

is it a game of chicken where sometimes you say no and its fine and others you get suspended?

Edited by NoSaint

if the rule is turn over your documents when asked for them, why should the nfl have "spirit of the rule" any more than a variety of other offenses that are simple transgressions with a predetermined outcome?

if the nfl REALLY thinks you have proof you get suspended, but if they only kind of do then you dont? why dont we just as easily assume gostowskis phone has the smoking gun due to his refusal?

is it a game of chicken where sometimes you say no and its fine and others you get suspended?

In their independent Investigation of the kicking balls they found no problem with the balls. There was nothing to hide. In the Brady investigation there were dozens of unanswered questions that needed more information.

In their independent Investigation of the kicking balls they found no problem with the balls. There was nothing to hide. In the Brady investigation there were dozens of unanswered questions that needed more information.

if he had nothing to hide with the handling of balls, why didnt he turn his documents in? (just giving you the same argument many are making here)

if he had nothing to hide with the handling of balls, why didnt he turn his documents in? (just giving you the same argument many are making here)

Don't know and don't care. Maybe he said I didn't do anything wrong and you guys haven't accused me of doing wrong and no one else has either. If you have something against me then maybe I will.

My best guess is the Patriots have a team policy of deny everything no matter what. ;)

Actually that could be a reason. He was told by team counsel not to as part of a strategy that included Brady not doing it.

@AlbertBreer: Most overlooked aspect in Brady case -- The NFL's new investigative arm, how lack of cooperation must be dealt with http://t.co/LCr3nReS1x

...it's become about far more than whether or not a quarterback ordered a dozen game balls to be deflated.

...which is why (in the league's eyes) lack of cooperation must be dealt with harshly. In that regard, Brady's timing couldn't be worse.

Some of us were recently arguing this very point in another thread, but the most intractable Pats* fans can't seem to grasp this simple concept. Instead, it has to be about a picayune issue like air pressure and how the NFL overreacted to such a trivial matter.

I think OC referred to it as "BenSmithing."

GO BILLS!!!