Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bylsma would be a very solid option. He did have his weaknesses in his tenure in Pittsburgh, but he did the best thing possible a first time coach could do after being fired--watched as much as he could of all the teams in the league and delved further into analytics to try and shore up his weaknesses for the next job.

I think they'll end up with a good coach one way or another, but I'm still wondering what the heck they're going to do at goalie.

Edited by Rubes

I think they'll end up with a good coach one way or another, but I'm still wondering what the heck they're going to do at goalie.

It would surprise me if they didn't bring back Neuvirth. He played pretty well here.

I could also see them making a trade for Anderson.

5/25/15 - Harrington talks Buffalo's coaching search and Jack Eichel (9:31)

Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News joins NHL Live to discuss the team's current search for a new head coach, and how Mike Babcock ended up in Toronto.

5-26: ADAM GRETZ OF CBS SAYS BYLSMA IS A GOOD COACH ON WGR (13:42)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It doesn't matter - as long as Irbe is the goaltender coach, whoever it is will be a Vezina winner!

McKenzie: Shanahan being patient in GM search (9:12)

TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie joins TSN Drive to discuss NHL coaching vacancies, Brendan Shanahan's GM search and the possibility of Cody Franson returning to the Maple Leafs.

McKenzie: Buffalo at top of the list to land Dan Bylsma (14:49)

TSN hockey insider Bob McKenzie joins the program at the start of the 5 o'clock hour to chat about the NHL Playoffs, the NHL head coaching carousel and the Ottawa Senators Goaltender quandary.

Here's McKenzie's segment from today.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

5-27: TSN DARREN DREGER SAYS SABRES JOB IS HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER ON WGR (10:01)

@WGR550

@DarrenDreger on WGR now

Dreger on Sabres coach watch: "Dan Bylsma might be meeting with Buffalo as early as today"

Dreger: "San Jose also still has interest in Bylsma and Ray Shero has the connection in New Jersey, so Tim Murray has some work to do"

Dreger: "If I were an owner or general manager with a young, developing team, I'd take a close look at Dan Bylsma"

Dreger: (The Sabres job) is highly sought after. People see what's coming and they like this team"

@BillHoppeNHL

Jay McKee on his experiences playing for Dan Bylsma and why he would be a good fit to coach the #Sabres http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/jay-mckee-believes-dan-bylsma-would-be-good-fit-to-coach-sabres/

#Buffalo