Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So pretty much zero compared to "rooster" as you say.

Give him a roster with as much talent as rooster had with the Wings and he wins a SB or two. The NHL is a minor league compared to the NFL in terms of revenue and no coach should be paid anywhere close to what he's getting.

Sullivan didn't come across like that at all when he was on the Bob McCown radio show

No, he's saying the same things I have been saying. "Can't wait 'til the Sabres introduce their next coach and tell us they really don't consider him their second choice." :lol:

No, he's saying the same things I have been saying. "Can't wait 'til the Sabres introduce their next coach and tell us they really don't consider him their second choice." :lol:

They can say "he might not have been their first choice, but he turned out to be their best choice."

Look at the roster when Babcock took over the Red Wings. It's one of the most talented rosters in the history of the sport. That 6 mill + per/year is largely thanks to the front office of the Red Wings. Major coattails.

Chelios, Datsyuk, Holmstron, Lindstrom, Legace, Osgood, Samuelsson, Schneider, Shanahan, Yzerman, Zetterberg, Draper, Lang.

He was also the beneficiary of coaching for the Ducks who were IMO the 2nd best front office during that early 2000 period.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Look at the roster when Babcock took over the Red Wings. It's one of the most talented rosters in the history of the sport. That 6 mill + per/year is largely thanks to the front office of the Red Wings. Major coattails.

Chelios, Datsyuk, Holmstron, Lindstrom, Legace, Osgood, Samuelsson, Schneider, Shanahan, Yzerman, Zetterberg, Draper, Lang.

He was also the beneficiary of coaching for the Ducks who were IMO the 2nd best front office during that early 2000 period.

How come they weren't already cup winners?

That's not the point I am trying to make. He inherted one of the best rosters ever and farm systems at developing players.

Now he is inherting a bottom 5 roster with the 19th farm system in terms of talent that has proven over time they can't develop their own.

I don't think this will translate as well as people think.

That's not the point I am trying to make. He inherted one of the best rosters ever and farm systems at developing players.

Now he is inherting a bottom 5 roster with the 19th farm system in terms of talent that has proven over time they can't develop their own.

I don't think this will translate as well as people think.

He wasn't brought in to take this roster anywhere. This is a rebuild. This guy will change the culture of the team. Not many guys can do that. Hunter will get him the players.

He wasn't brought in to take this roster anywhere. This is a rebuild. This guy will change the culture of the team. Not many guys can do that. Hunter will get him the players.

We had 3 highly touted coaches prior that were supposed to rebuild and change the culture as well. I just look at "change of culture" as buzz words that mean nothing.

We had 3 highly touted coaches prior that were supposed to rebuild and change the culture as well. I just look at "change of culture" as buzz words that mean nothing.

Did any of them deal with fat Phil? You think Kessel will be around if he doesn't get in shape? Not with this guy. He wants good people who live and breathe hockey on and off the ice. including how you take care of yourself. That's why I think it's important for him to be here at the start of the rebuild. He commands accountability. Get the young guys used to it, right from the get go!

Who weren't already cup winners? Detroit? They won three cups between '96 and '02. They made the playoffs 13 straight years before Babcock got there. He inherited a gold mine and managed to keep it going so credit to him, but he couldn't have stepped into a better situation than Detroit at the time.

No coach wins without players. Holland set the bar for the rest of the NHL with regard to finding Euros who could adapt to the North American game, that much is true. But since the cap has been in place Detroit has been coming back to the pack.

I give Babcock credit this season for pushing Tampa to the brink because his roster didn't match up well.

He sounds pissed.

Finally had the chance to listen. Maybe it's me, but he sure did not sound pissed to me. Sounded like Babcock was upfront, they knew no deal was in place, he went to TO, no hard feelings. At the end, sounded a bit mystified as how the story came out as it did, but that was all.

How does one navigate the Twittersphere maze to get the back and forth?

I am with ya GG. I really have to get my kids to learn me how to use that thing....I can never seem to falla...( just watched The Sting the other day...ya falla)

No coach wins without players. Holland set the bar for the rest of the NHL with regard to finding Euros who could adapt to the North American game, that much is true. But since the cap has been in place Detroit has been coming back to the pack.

I give Babcock credit this season for pushing Tampa to the brink because his roster didn't match up well.

The scenerio in Toronto is fascinating because his past NHL teams have been handed to him on a silver platter right from the start. He has never had to face adversity in his 12 year coaching career or have experience in a rebuild and he is going to one of the most ruthless hockey markets now in which the roster and farm is a mess. It will be interesting to watch how this all goes down.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

The scenerio in Toronto is fascinating because his past NHL teams have been handed to him on a silver platter right from the start. He has never had to face adversity in his 12 year coaching career or have experience in a rebuild and he is going to one of the most ruthless hockey markets now in which the roster and farm is a mess. It will be interesting to watch how this all goes down.

This is dead on. Nobody has been able to tame the situation there in almost 50 years... especially since the cap is in place. Babcock is a great coach and knows how to inspire and has seen many situations... but this will be like nothing he has done.

This is dead on. Nobody has been able to tame the situation there in almost 50 years... especially since the cap is in place. Babcock is a great coach and knows how to inspire and has seen many situations... but this will be like nothing he has done.

That's exactly why he took the job.