Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ted Black looks so much like Marrone in certain photos, I often have to do a double take

Wow. I just googled Ted Black and you're not kidding. Some photos he looks just like Marrone. I never noticed that before.

@AdamBenigni

Note: Told that compensation issue on the Bylsma #Sabres #Pens issue is between clubs at this point... Not determined at NHL level.

@BuffNewsVogl

Bill Daly on hiring comps: "The rule and its interpretation are clear. But a Club has a right to waive its right to receive compensation."

Other than a respect thing, is there any reason the Pens would choose to waive that?

BUTTON: BYLSMA AN ‘EXCELLENT CHOICE’ TO COACH SABRES

NHL Network analyst Craig Button breaks down why the Sabres chose Dan Bylsma.

DUFF: BYLSMA BRINGS WINNING PEDGIREE TO BUFFALO

201505-Bylsma-DL.jpg

He was drafted four picks ahead of Pavel Bure in the 1989 NHL Draft, but scored fewer goals per game over the course of his 429-game NHL career than Sabres “legend” Rob Ray. (Is this the time to be asking, “How?” and not “How many?”)

He shares a birthday (Sept. 19) with late-night comedian Jimmy Fallon and some of his own comedic instincts helped him earn a nickname – “Disco Dan” – that could gain further traction in Western New York given our penchant for a certain annual event, The World’s Largest Disco, which sells out every November in downtown Buffalo.

But most importantly, as he is introduced Thursday as the new head coach of the Buffalo Sabres, Dan Bylsma brings with him an impressive coaching resume.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz