Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As far as living in Buffalo, Whaley has some advice for Bylsma on that also. The one piece of advice I would give him is to get on a workout regime, because the food here blows Pittsburgh away."

forgot about the Pittsburgh connection. Cool!

I have got to say that I am quite jealous. I follow the Penguins quite closely, and Bylsma is a real winner. His guys play hard for him. And the style of play is great-- fun, offensive, free flowing. But also scrappy.

He was a huge upgrade over Therrian and is looking about a million times better than his replacement, Johnston. Pens should have never let him go.

Yerdon on TSN 1050: They will not be a playoff team next year but they will get a lot better (8:54)

Buffalo Sabres correspondent Joe Yerdon discusses the state of the Sabres franchise and the moves they will make to improve the roster. Jack Eichel will be a potential target for the team and Yerdon mentions the impact head coach Dan Bylsma will have on the young roster.

I have got to say that I am quite jealous. I follow the Penguins quite closely, and Bylsma is a real winner. His guys play hard for him. And the style of play is great-- fun, offensive, free flowing. But also scrappy.

He was a huge upgrade over Therrian and is looking about a million times better than his replacement, Johnston. Pens should have never let him go.

why did they fire him - just a housecleaning with the GM?

why did they fire him - just a housecleaning with the GM?

Who knows, but as a parallel question, how many Canuck fans now regret losing Vigneault? How many Rangers fans are missing Tortorella?

@BuffaloSabres

BREAKING NEWS: Dan Bylsma has been named the 17th head coach in #Sabres franchise history. #WelcomeDan

CGHVg66WMAATkrd.jpg

@SabresPR

The #Sabres have hired Dan Bylsma as the 17th head coach in franchise history. Full press release: http://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2015/05/28/sabres-hire-dan-bylsma-as-head-coach/

is that counting Nolan twice?

As a penguins fan, you will love Bylsma. Great coach, especially for a young team.

Interesting fact-- always ate a qdoba burrito before each game.

gona have to switch to wings

@duffersabres

Keep an eye out for interviews with Tim Murray, Dan Bylsma, and Terry Pegula coming a little later from @BuffaloSabres #BusyDay #OneBuffalo

@TheHockeyNews

It's not Babcock-McDavid, but Bylsma-Eichel could be just as successful in Buffalo, says @THNKenCampbell. http://bit.ly/1J9KtVe

We will be more successful, McDavid lucked out and Badcock screwed up.

Bylsma will be more successful than Babcock at each of their new jobs and will save Pegula millions out of his own pocket in the process. In a few years Babcock will kicking himself that he didn't take the Sabres job. Babcock is fools gold IMO. Good hire by the Sabres.

:thumbsup:

"As far as living in Buffalo, Whaley has some advice for Bylsma on that also. “The one piece of advice I would give him is to get on a workout regime, because the food here blows Pittsburgh away.”"

I've never been there but I'm going to go to Meat & Potatoes in Pittsburgh, place looks (Tastes hopefully) awesome.

Basically. Some questionable moves by the GM and inconsistent goalie play by Fleury did him in.

Even then, the team played well-- but just crapped out in the playoffs. It was kind of like john fox getting fired in Denver; no championship = out.

Losing Staal really hurt you guys from being good in the playoffs.

Extra from Sabres' Bylsma and Murray

By Paul Hamilton

3120718.jpg?1432873178

Bylsma was an assistant with Team USA and had a lot of one-on-one time with the guy the Sabres will likely draft, “I spent a fair amount of time talking with Jack about his game, I showed him some NHL video, I wasn’t showing him video of his game, I showed him video of NHL players and how they play and the speed in which they play, so I spent a lot of time with Jack looking to make him better.”

It's great that Bylsma has already spent time helping to develop Eichel's game.

Ya the Habs are feeling that now :(

CBF

I think we dodged a bullet with that Babcock contract.

If Bylsma isnt working out in 2-3 years he will be fireable. Babcock wouldnt. That would mean that rash decisions would be made to the roster and/or it would just get stale. We went through that with Ruff for almost a decade.