Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

I think we dodged a bullet with that Babcock contract.

If Bylsma isnt working out in 2-3 years he will be fireable. Babcock wouldnt. That would mean that rash decisions would be made to the roster and/or it would just get stale. We went through that with Ruff for almost a decade.

Yeah, I took some heat here for making the same type comment. I agree. I pretty much said I would have loved Babcock, but not for that contract.

Edited by ricojes

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we dodged a bullet with that Babcock contract.

If Bylsma isnt working out in 2-3 years he will be fireable. Babcock wouldnt. That would mean that rash decisions would be made to the roster and/or it would just get stale. We went through that with Ruff for almost a decade.

good point. I think Babcock Is a great coach but I feel like the fit with Bylsma is more natural. I like his experience with Crosby at a young age as it relates to Eichel. And I know it's not my money, but what the Leafs gave Babs is way too much for a hockey coach imo. Edited by YoloinOhio

Last week, I was 100% Babcock over Bylsmsa. But after all of the reading and all the stats reviews and much rationalizing.....Bylsma is obviously the much better coach!

Spoken like a true fan!

(right there with ya)

I posted this on TSW, but it was a Rex thread, so I am putting it here as well...

Googled (Bylsma coaches games without crosby and malkin), because WGR gave a stat yesterday that he had a good record without them and found this:

http://www.thehockey...sby-Malkin.html

another interesting read:

http://deadspin.com/...hing-1576186568

Exert from another article:

In Dan Bylsma’s tenure alone, Sidney Crosby missed 121 regular season games, and Evgeni Malkin missed another 100 games. After a quick cross-reference, it brings us to 174 regular season games in which Dan Bylsma was without one or both of his premier talents.

Bylsma went 252-117-32 during six seasons with the Penguins, accumulating a points percentage (.668) that is the best in NHL history among coaches with at least three years of experience.

Edited by ricojes

Now let's sign a veteran defenseman or two. Amazing how Chicago is hanging in there with only four real defenseman

Well, let's see em do it with one....who shoots the puck over the boards in the 3rd!

Edited by plenzmd1