CJ Spiller a Superstar?

Nfl.com suggests Spiller will enter the upper echelon of talent this year. It wouldn't surprise me as our coaching staff had zero clue as to how to use him. In fact it's amazing that Hackett has a job at all. Still, as I root for the dude to do well, it will be bittersweet if this happens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000498478/article/the-superstar-club-in-2015-who-arrives-who-leaves

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ was always a class act while he was here , I don't know how people couldn't like the guy ? He was always professional , never threw any body under the bus .

Couldn't ask for a better team guy !! The only one that new how to use him was Chan & i think we will see him used as he should be in NO !!

I for one will always route for him --- until he plays the Bills !!

I agree that we didn't use him right. I said throughout the last two seasons that he is the prototype 3rd down back and everyone here would say "...but Fred's blocking...spiller can't block". Drove me nuts. I guarantee spiller ups his reputation hugely this year. The saints will use him correctly and he will be the guy that Brees points to after the saints win the division. Class guy and I couldn't be happier for him that he's going to be able to do what he does best.

Edited by SJDK

I'll never truly root against anyone, save for a few. Spiller is no different. I don't hate him. I just don't care for him.

The guy is frustrating. His willpower and mind has to be weak, its sad. The Thursday night game where he took over was a good example. He knew what he had to do and he stepped up and killed it. Other games, he looked as lost as a puppy behind china one. Him succeeding in NO, screw him. NO doesn't know what they got, just like with Byrd. Alonso was our biggest loss this off season and we will rue the day we did that trade. Spiller we have already moved on from.

i know this makes me a jerk and a crumby fan, but i dont really want to see him do well.

you're not the only one

never liked him as a pick and don't want him to do good because it will mean the Jets are doing good.

I don't understand?

Anyways, he's such an easy guy to cheer for. He has been a class guy and he loves it in WNY. His play (and health) are inconsistent but Spiller's talent is immense. Payton will use him masterfully as he is the prototype for what the Saints want to do. I expect big things from him and will be happy to support him.

I agree that we didn't use him right. I said throughout the last two seasons that he is the prototype 3rd down back and everyone here would say "...but Fred's blocking...spiller can't block". Drove me nuts. I guarantee spiller ups his reputation hugely this year. The saints will use him correctly and he will be the guy that Brees pound to after the saints win the division. Class guy and I couldn't be happier for him that he's going to be able to do what he does best.

+1. Rooting for him. He always handled himself with class and never complained publicly.

I agree that we didn't use him right. I said throughout the last two seasons that he is the prototype 3rd down back and everyone here would say "...but Fred's blocking...spiller can't block". Drove me nuts. I guarantee spiller ups his reputation hugely this year. The saints will use him correctly and he will be the guy that Brees pound to after the saints win the division. Class guy and I couldn't be happier for him that he's going to be able to do what he does best.

Agreed. The team certainly didn't scheme to his strengths and I never heard him gripe publicly about it. I never understood the crap he constantly got from the fans. I'm interested to see what he can do if used properly so watching some NO games this season should be interesting.

I'll never truly root against anyone, save for a few. Spiller is no different. I don't hate him. I just don't care for him.

The guy is frustrating. His willpower and mind has to be weak, its sad. The Thursday night game where he took over was a good example. He knew what he had to do and he stepped up and killed it. Other games, he looked as lost as a puppy behind china one. Him succeeding in NO, screw him. NO doesn't know what they got, just like with Byrd. Alonso was our biggest loss this off season and we will rue the day we did that trade. Spiller we have already moved on from.you're not the only one

Spiller meant a hell of a lot more to the Bills than Alonso could even dream of. I hope Spiller has an MVP-type year. Alonso ... Will never amount to anything, although I wish him no ill will. He will always hold the titles of Most Over-Hyped and Most Overrated Bills of all time. So he's got that.

Nfl.com suggests Spiller will enter the upper echelon of talent this year. It wouldn't surprise me as our coaching staff had zero clue as to how to use him. In fact it's amazing that Hackett has a job at all. Still, as I root for the dude to do well, it will be bittersweet if this happens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000498478/article/the-superstar-club-in-2015-who-arrives-who-leaves

Spiller's issues (weak vision, inability to be a every down back, weak notion of when to have patience and when to hit the hole), preceeded the Hackett-Marrone regime. Payton may very well squeeze every yard of productivity out of him but I doubt that will last for a long time.

That said, I have no complaints against him as a human being and a team mate.