Women's World Cup

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read that Alex Morgan is going to be coming off of the bench so that they slowly transition her back into playing more minutes. Hopefully it doesn't take her too long to get back to being her old self.

I read that Alex Morgan is going to be coming off of the bench so that they slowly transition her back into playing more minutes. Hopefully it doesn't take her too long to get back to being her old self.

Luckily, they have plenty of options at striker in the meantime. Wambach, Leroux, Press and Rodriguez are all very good scorers. I predict Carli Lloyd will be a big factor too, attacking from her midfield spot and getting some goals in this tournament.

Luckily, they have plenty of options at striker in the meantime. Wambach, Leroux, Press and Rodriguez are all very good scorers. I predict Carli Lloyd will be a big factor too, attacking from her midfield spot and getting some goals in this tournament.

Alex brings a lot of other great tangibles to the field. Her presence will be sorely missed. And shes a really good player too.

Watched Germany destroy their opponent yesterday. Never seen double digits before. Turned it off when it was 10-0. Love the women's game. BS FIFA couldn't make the venues install grass. That would never fly if it was the men.

Watched Germany destroy their opponent yesterday. Never seen double digits before. Turned it off when it was 10-0. Love the women's game. BS FIFA couldn't make the venues install grass. That would never fly if it was the men.

It truly is bull ****. The players deserve better.

so far, this womens game is so much more enjoyable to watch than the mens game, obvious reasons not withstanding....haven't seen a single flop yet, seems the women play to score whereas the men seem to play to get penalties on the opponent.....

and for the record, the ref looks pretty hot...almost "danica patrick-like"

USA plays their first game today, against Australia.

7:30 pm on Fox Sports1

Check it out. The women's game is very fun to watch.

Cute pic Cugals!!!

Is Gugny starting for the Americans?

The women's cup is wide open; should be a great tournament. The US drew the group of death, too.

Coincidence?

So far, Megan Rapinoe has been the most impressive player on the field for the US (Hope Solo notwithstanding).

And the US has the best looking team in the tournament (even more so than those Bund Deutscher Maedel Nordic teams). Christen Press is awfully cute.

So far, Megan Rapinoe has been the most impressive player on the field for the US (Hope Solo notwithstanding).

And the US has the best looking team in the tournament (even more so than those Bund Deutscher Maedel Nordic teams). Christen Press is awfully cute.

I agree with all of this. Alex Morgan is gorgeous and one of the best players in the world.

Had to google BDM. :lol:

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Had to google BDM. :lol:

I can't help it. The Scandinavian players all have that same square, solid, slightly stocky German agricultural peasant look that the Nazi propagandists absolutely worshiped.

That honestly reflects more on me than them. Apparently I've watched far too much Nazi propaganda in my time.

If Hope Solo was a man, there would be a lot more outrage about her playing. And she was kinda annoying before all this.

That said, I love the Women's World Cup. Good way to kill some time when you have summers off.

post-4692-0-31371200-1433817044_thumb.jpg

Edited by C.Biscuit97

so far, this womens game is so much more enjoyable to watch than the mens game, obvious reasons not withstanding....haven't seen a single flop yet, seems the women play to score whereas the men seem to play to get penalties on the opponent.....

and for the record, the ref looks pretty hot...almost "danica patrick-like"

Ugh. I've watched the US game and the Canada/China game. I've been completely disappointed with women's professional soccer. So much less intelligence to it then the men. I'll take a few more dives for better quality play. Kicking the ball out of bounds all the time, so many poorly weighted passes, panicking, lack of spacing, passing, poor accuracy passes, giveaways. Bad throw-ins. Really? Ugh, they look like a talented bunch of 12 year olds out there.

Ugh. I've watched the US game and the Canada/China game. I've been completely disappointed with women's professional soccer. So much less intelligence to it then the men. I'll take a few more dives for better quality play. Kicking the ball out of bounds all the time, so many poorly weighted passes, panicking, lack of spacing, passing, poor accuracy passes, giveaways. Bad throw-ins. Really? Ugh, they look like a talented bunch of 12 year olds out there.

I didn't see Canada-China. But the US-Aussie game was rough. Little coordination from either team.

On the other hand, Sweden-Ghana was a very good game. Both teams were very tight. The only other one I watched was Norway-Thailand...and Thailand was so badly overmatched that I have little recollection of the quality of play otherwise (the Thai players literally did look like kids next to the Norwegians. Completely blown away physically.)

I didn't see Canada-China. But the US-Aussie game was rough. Little coordination from either team.

On the other hand, Sweden-Ghana was a very good game. Both teams were very tight. The only other one I watched was Norway-Thailand...and Thailand was so badly overmatched that I have little recollection of the quality of play otherwise (the Thai players literally did look like kids next to the Norwegians. Completely blown away physically.)

Good to know there was at least one game, thanks. Hopefully the US gets their crap together. I coach my daughter's travel team (U-12) and I don't want them watching the games I did. Setting a bad example for them! Hopefully after we get out of group play things improve substantially. There are elite youth teams that play more intelligent ball than the two games I've seen.

Rapinoe is my favorite US player. If she enjoyed the company of men I might stalk her.

Rapinoe is my favorite US player. If she enjoyed the company of men I might stalk her.

Stalking is something you should not joke about!

P.s. They're all staying at the Fort Garry Hotel and they're scheduled to have lunch today at 12:30 at Moxie's Grill and Bar.

Good win, but it wasn't a particularly well played game. Lucky they have a great goaltender because their defense was terrible in the first 30 minutes. They will need to pick it up if they want to go far. I think they will get better as the tournament goes on.

And yes, USA has the best looking team. In addition to Morgan, Leroux and Press, I think Kelly O'Hara and Amy Rodgriguez are pretty adorable.

And yes, USA has the best looking team. In addition to Morgan, Leroux and Press, I think Kelly O'Hara and Amy Rodgriguez are pretty adorable.

What's truly amazing is that, without fail, the ugliest pictures I've seen of any of them are on the USWNT's site. It's remarkable. They must use the same photographer as the Buffalo Jills.

What's truly amazing is that, without fail, the ugliest pictures I've seen of any of them are on the USWNT's site. It's remarkable. They must use the same photographer as the Buffalo Jills.

I can't believe they'd give Philster access to the USNWT.

Good to know there was at least one game, thanks. Hopefully the US gets their crap together. I coach my daughter's travel team (U-12) and I don't want them watching the games I did. Setting a bad example for them! Hopefully after we get out of group play things improve substantially. There are elite youth teams that play more intelligent ball than the two games I've seen.

The US women play a smarter version of what the US men play: Fitness and long balls. Not that great to watch with the exception of a few players. They have been spoiled for years just dumping it in to Wambach and now must play better because Wambach is done. I'm hoping the team changes their philosophy soon. The US will always be one of the best teams because of their athleticism and the strength of the NCAA but as dominant as they are, they could be so much better.

The best women's teams to watch are Germany and Japan. They play excellent soccer (Japan particularly).

3.3 million watched the US women's opener. 3.9 watched Stanley Cup game 3 at the same time. Great news for soccer fans!

Edited by Observer

The US women play a smarter version of what the US men play: Fitness and long balls. Not that great to watch with the exception of a few players. They have been spoiled for years just dumping it in to Wambach and now must play better because Wambach is done. I'm hoping the team changes their philosophy soon. The US will always be one of the best teams because of their athleticism and the strength of the NCAA but as dominant as they are, they could be so much better.

The best women's teams to watch are Germany and Japan. They play excellent soccer (Japan particularly).

3.3 million watched the US women's opener. 3.9 watched Stanley Cup game 3 at the same time. Great news for soccer fans!

"Hooray! We're more popular than hockey...in Florida...in June..."

That's a very low bar for "great news."