Manziel Throws a Nice Water Bottle

Gugny

Was it a duck, or a tight spiral?

Once a little punk....always. How about just being mature enough to ignore hecklers? Too much to ask apparently.

If he wants to play with the Big Boys, that's one of the Big Boy rules. Because the way the opposing D sees it (and home fans of opponents, too), if some random-ass fan heckling at a non-football event can get under his skin and provoke him to lose his cool, Boy Howdy he's gonna be a pigeon for the plucking come Sunday.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying I'm defending JM on this, but if he already responded to the guy, told him no and the guy grabbed him by the arm and then kept harassing him, I find it hard to not expect this reaction from most people. It isn't like he randomly threw the bottle at a fan, the fan continued to egg him on and wouldn't let it go. Could he have handled it differently? Probably, but at the same time he didn't assault the guy, so I don't really have an issue with it.

Not saying I'm defending JM on this, but if he already responded to the guy, told him no and the guy grabbed him by the arm and then kept harassing him, I find it hard to not expect this reaction from most people. It isn't like he randomly threw the bottle at a fan, the fan continued to egg him on and wouldn't let it go. Could he have handled it differently? Probably, but at the same time he didn't assault the guy, so I don't really have an issue with it.

I'm not really clear on the legal status in all states, but I'm pretty sure throwing an object at someone may count as an assault, even if you miss. Just food for thought, should you ever be tempted to do something yourself that you "don't really have an issue with"

So I dislike Manziel also, but he was basically stalked and harassed by someone. I don't really blame him

This is such a non story, but this is the issue with Manziel. Any little story is going to be full blown over coverage lead story on ESPN.

He was in a lose, lose in this one.

I'm not really clear on the legal status in all states, but I'm pretty sure throwing an object at someone may count as an assault, even if you miss. Just food for thought, should you ever be tempted to do something yourself that you "don't really have an issue with"

So if a guy is stalking and harassing you, what are you going to do? Just let him do it.

So I dislike Manziel also, but he was basically stalked and harassed by someone. I don't really blame him

This is such a non story, but this is the issue with Manziel. Any little story is going to be full blown over coverage lead story on ESPN.

He was in a lose, lose in this one.

So if a guy is stalking and harassing you, what are you going to do? Just let him do it.

You let someone else handle it. You be a big boy and don't throw things at people. Basically .... you maintain professionalism, which I realize is difficult for Manziel, since he's not been professional a day in his life.

This is a great story.

I love how one of the reported insults was: "Ryan tanehill is better than you."

What he should have taunted him with was "you squat when you pee"!

I yelled that to Mike Cameron once in Safeco Field in Seattle. He turned around and gave me the finger!

The biggest thing I take from it is he has a very short fuse and can't take heckling. If he does this here, what will he do when opposing fans heckle him during a game? Actually, we saw that last year when he flipped off Redskin fans who were heckling him mid-game.

That said, I don't think it matters. He won't play unless mccown gets hurt.

Manziel's only chance to play football and have anything resembling a career in football is maybe the Arena League.

The biggest thing I take from it is he has a very short fuse and can't take heckling. If he does this here, what will he do when opposing fans heckle him during a game? Actually, we saw that last year when he flipped off Redskin fans who were heckling him mid-game.

That said, I don't think it matters. He won't play unless mccown gets hurt.

That was actually the Redskins bench he was flipping off, but yeah, at the same time if he can't handle being heckled by anyone, he'll never amount to much of anything anywhere

Johnny will have more years on an NFL roster in his career than EJ will.

FALSE!

And, that is not for being a EJ fan. But, for truly believing Maziel will have himself out of the NFL rather quickly for his lack of being a Pro Football QB AND his skill level.

Edited by Manther

You let someone else handle it. You be a big boy and don't throw things at people. Basically .... you maintain professionalism, which I realize is difficult for Manziel, since he's not been professional a day in his life.

And if someone in his entourage "handled it," we'd hear that story too.

Manziel's only chance to play football and have anything resembling a career in football is maybe the Arena League.

That was actually the Redskins bench he was flipping off, but yeah, at the same time if he can't handle being heckled by anyone, he'll never amount to much of anything anywhere

I think he would have a chance in Canada if he dedicates himself to the playbook and puts the time in to actually studying the game.

GO BILLS!!!